- 03 May 1301:30 AMWant to raise cash? Your car can be put to good use. And, since it is loan against collateral, rates are good as well. While banks do not advertise it aggressively, HDFC Bank and Kotak Mahindra offer this loan, even if you have a car loan.
- 26 Apr 1312:11 PMNew Car market has grown very fast in last few years. With variety of car options and increased number of car buyer, varieties of Auto/Car loan products have been flooded by the public and private banks.
- 22 Apr 1302:24 AMI have taken a home loan of Rs 20 lakh for 20 years from a private bank. I am paying an equated monthly instalment of Rs 20,000. I am planning to shift my loan to another bank, which offers a lower rate.
- 19 Apr 1303:30 AMWhat explains the popularity of gold with retail borrowers? It's the belief they can sell it quickly or raise money against it. In fact, both banks and non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs) have been aggressively promoting gold loans.
- 22 Mar 1303:30 AMRecently, there have been several reports of fraudulent transactions on credit cards, with amounts running into lakhs of rupees.
- 03 Mar 1304:50 AMThere is a worrisome trend today. People take loans to acquire properties - not just for home for self use, but for investment in home and land. The current thinking among most investors is that property is the only asset that will give good returns.
- 21 Feb 1312:50 AMCredit card issuers in the country are stepping up efforts to prevent swindlers from gaining access to customers’ card details.
- 04 Feb 1312:38 AMLooking for a loan? You don’t have to look too far. Faced with slackening credit demand from the corporate sector, banks are pushing retail loans.12:34 AMThe customer of a bank was sanctioned a home loan in September 2005. The sanction letter, duly accepted by the customer, explicitly stipulated that a fixed interest rate of eight per cent per annum on a reducing balance would be applicable.
- 01 Feb 1312:59 AMBuy two and get a third one at a discount. One often comes across such offers at apparel, footwear or electronic stores. Even in financial products there are such offers. Banks offer their existing borrowers additional loans at lower rates.
- 24 Jan 1312:56 AMIf you are applying for a home loan the chances of it getting approved are higher if there is a co-borrower. For one, the repaying capacity of two people will be higher than one, which will put your lender at ease about the loan getting repaid on time.