- 30 May 1604:39 PMLenders have started using your social media profile and activity to take a call on your loan application.10:26 AMHas your home loan application been rejected by your bank? Are you annoyed because you don't know the reason for the rejection? You have never defaulted on any loan repayment, you have always paid your bills on time, and you have submitted all
- 23 May 1605:39 AMThe country's largest bank, the State Bank of India, is considering merging its five associate banks and Bharat Mahila Bank with itself.
- 16 May 1606:28 AMIndividual borrowers and consumers can take heart from a couple of key provisions in the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code Bill passed by Parliament - the provision to start their lives afresh after being declared bankrupt.
- 11 May 1610:44 PMImage via ShutterstockIt is common for banks to push customers to opt for the equated monthly instalment (EMI) route for repayment of credit card expenses.04:52 PMBanks are aggressive pushing you to opt for the equated monthly instalments (EMIs) for repayment of credit card expenses. And just after you swipe the credit card for an expense, there is an SMS alert encouraging you to use this option.
- 09 May 1605:01 AMCustomers seem to be happily swiping their credit cards.
- 27 Apr 1603:08 PMThe standard procedure to obtain a retail loan from banks involves obtaining a credit score, which helps banks decide whether or not to approve a loan proposal.
- 26 Apr 1601:59 PMThe rise in credit card outstandings in itself is not so much of a worry as much as two accompanying factors.
- 25 Apr 1603:18 AMDOs Make payments on time. If there are overdue payments, settle these by working with the lender concerned.
- 22 Apr 1612:22 AMOverall retail lending delinquencies (90 days overdue) stood at 1.52 per cent for the entire portfolio at the end of 2015, according to the Equifax’s India Consumer Credit Trends.