- 04 Nov 1410:20 AMHave you put your plans to buy a house on hold because you don't have enough funds to make the required 20-25 per cent down payment for the property? Don't worry.
- 29 Oct 1401:53 AMImagine this: This Diwali, you bought a 42-inch high-definition LED television and a new sofa set. You ended up spending more than your budget. Now, you have run up a huge credit card bill and cannot afford to make the full payment on the due date.
- 22 Oct 1405:28 PMTraditional wisdom says repaying loan(s) helps get a good credit score. However, that may not always be true. Like in case of software professional Milind Deo.
- 20 Oct 1410:18 PMThis Dhanteras, swipe your credit card and own your favourite set of wheels. With car dealers wanting to close deals, they are increasingly encouraging buyers to swipe their card and part pay for the cars.02:23 AMI am repaying two personal loans and one credit card loan.
- 09 Oct 1409:30 AMMany of us plan to make big-ticket purchases like an LCD television, a high-end mobile phone or laptop during the festive season.
- 22 Sep 1412:26 AM"I had booked a flat in Delhi in 2009 for Rs 20 lakh. I got a loan worth Rs 14 lakh sanctioned for it. I made a down payment of Rs 6 lakh and the lender disbursed Rs 5 lakh.
- 14 Sep 1412:18 AMConsumers seem to be cashing out of automated teller machines (ATMs) and logging in at point-of-sale (POS) terminals more frequently. Even as the network expands, the average number of transactions at ATMs is on a downward slope.
- 06 Sep 1412:35 AMLenders have been treading cautiously on education loan disbursal for the past few quarters and as a result, growth in education loans has slipped to single digits.12:35 AMICICI Bank’s bold move to introduce a fixed rate home loan of 10 years at 10.25 per cent might not find many followers, since interest rates are expected to fall from next year, say bankers.
- 25 Aug 1412:16 AMConsumers would not like to change their current situation even when it is clearly beneficial for them and when it costs them nothing to make the change. It requires a big nudge for them to do what is obvious to you and me.