- 20 Nov 1611:30 PMAfter demonetisation, people are expected to use plastic money more than ever before. But, as the Banking Codes and Standards Board of India (BCSBI) has pointed out in a recent report, a free credit card is a myth.
- 10 Nov 1601:50 PMThe easing of property prices following the demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes will prove beneficial for lenders and housing finance companies (HFCs) as the average size of home loan is likely to increase.
- 09 Nov 1601:20 AMFor most people, house is their most-valuable asset but it’s very illiquid, especially in a slow property market. To help people monetise this asset, banks offer loans against property (LAP).
- 08 Nov 1603:06 PMIf you spent Rs 5000 on shopping clothes during Diwali and recieved a cashback of Rs 250 on your credit card, the taxman may spare you but if you have used the card to spend Rs 1 lakh on office equipment such as printers, computers, scanners,
- 02 Nov 1608:30 AMGetting a bank loan or credit card, buying an insurance policy or investing in a mutual fund is very easy today, given the several points-of-sale available. These include agents, online intermediaries and the bank/ insurance company/ fund house directly.
- 31 Oct 1610:40 AMImage via ShutterstockThe benefits offered on credit cards sound tempting. You can get access to lounges at airports, book free golf sessions, avail of free air tickets and so on.
- 25 Oct 1601:39 AMIf you’re a victim of cyber crime, the chances are you might have to pay for all the fraudulent transactions charged to your debit or credit card, as it will be difficult to prove laxity of the bank.
- 24 Oct 1601:06 PMRecently, many customers have got mails and messages from their banks to change the ATM PIN of their debit cards.11:12 AMThe data breach that has led to an estimated 3.2 million debit cards getting compromised is only a small manifestation of a larger malaise called cyber crime.
- 20 Oct 1602:49 PMThe security breach in debit cards has resulted in banks as well as card players to spruce up efforts to investigate the matter.11:06 AMAt least 30 lakh bank debit cards may have come under threat after an alleged security breach at Yes Bank's ATM raised fears of a potential fraud. Several banks have said they will either replace or ask customer to change the security codes.