- 10 Apr 1709:53 AMI-T return filingThe time for filing income tax returns is once again upon us. Most people regard this task as a burden.
- 07 Apr 1707:20 AMMaybe you would work harder — put in longer hours, take on special projects, do everything you can to get that next promotion. After all, lower taxes would mean you get to keep more of each dollar you earn.07:03 AMDelhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has promised to waive property tax if the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is voted to power in the city’s three municipal corporations on April 23. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is in power in the three municipalities
- 05 Apr 1705:28 AMThe government has exceeded the tax collection estimates for 2016-17 fiscal at Rs 17.10 lakh crore.
- 03 Apr 1703:52 PMIt’s a common problem at the end of the financial year. The employer sets a deadline, usually March 15, as the last date for accepting proof of expense for reimbursements.01:01 AMThe government's ambitious tax dispute resolution scheme has ended with a whimper with just Rs 1,200 crore being collected and none of the high-profile retrospective tax cases involving firms like Vodafone and Cairn Energy opting to settle.
- 27 Mar 1709:25 AMThis will be for those with annual salaried income up to Rs 50 lakh, much higher than Rs 5-lakh limit proposed in the Union Budget, Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia told Business Standard.
- 20 Feb 1712:55 PMGold jewellery displayed at a shop in Delhi. Photo: ReutersCash purchases of jewellery will attract one per cent tax collected at source (TCS) from April 1 if the amount exceeds Rs 2 lakh, as against the current threshold of Rs 5 lakh.10:03 AMRetirement fund body EPFO is expected to launch online facility for settlement of claims, including EPF withdrawal and pension fixation, by May this year to put an end to tedious paper work by its members.
- 02 Feb 1704:04 AMIn a significant move to check black money, Income Tax (I-T) Department can now scrutinise I-T returns of previous 10 years if any search leads them to undisclosed deposits or property of over Rs 50 lakh.01:55 AMAs a process for reforming the international tax system and discourage international tax avoidance, the Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), in 2013, released a 15-point action plan, known as the BEPS Project.