- 21 May 1512:33 AMThe committee is headed by A P Shah, chairman of the Law Commission of India. The other members are Ashok Lahiri, former chief economic advisor and Girish Ahuja, former associate professor of commerce at Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi.
- 20 May 1512:59 AMThe government has proposed exempting interest earned on gold deposits from income tax, wealth tax or capital gains tax.12:38 AMNow, eating out, using a mobile phone and travelling by air, among other things, would cost more from June.12:21 AMTo address grievances of taxpayers, the Income-Tax department on Tuedsay put in place a detailed framework for “verification and correction&" of the outstanding tax demand, while rectifying the inaccuracies arising due to delayed or
- 13 May 1512:42 AMLed by over two-fold surge in excise duty collections, indirect tax revenue jumped 46.2 per cent to Rs 47,747 crore in April this year compared to the same month last year.
- 11 May 1503:30 AMSaving for retirement is one of the most important financial goals for an individual. A back-up plan may be possible for all other financial goals, not retirement.
- 08 May 1512:49 AMThe government has set up a committee headed by the Law Commission chairman on Minimum Alternate Tax (MAT) demands faced by foreign portfolio investors, on a case-to-case basis.
- 04 May 1503:29 AMOn receiving a notice from the Income Tax Department, a client of Rajiv Jain, a chartered accountant, called him up and read out its contents.12:57 AMThe finance ministry is likely to release a reworked draft model bilateral investment treaty (BIT), based on comments and feedback from investors, policy & legal experts, the general public, and other stakeholders.
- 03 May 1501:58 AMMost employees look forward to a new financial year in anticipation of a pay hike. What they don't realise is that pay hikes often lead to a higher cash outflow in the form of taxes.
- 02 May 1512:29 AMIt is not surprising that bank fixed deposits (FDs) are investors' favourite instruments. Well-defined tenure, pre-determined rate of return and low-risk make these very simple instruments to understand. But they have weaknesses.