- 17 Feb 1712:57 PMAfter 100 days of note ban, it is business as usual in some markets. In Mumbai, for instance, builders have once again started asking if part of the payment in a real estate transaction can be made in cash.
- 16 Feb 1709:52 AMRepresentational imageMost builder do not bother about permissions. They feel that they can do whatever they want and get away with it. If problems arise later, it could be tackled either by bribing the authorities or applying for regularisation.
- 15 Feb 1711:35 AMIPOWhile 26 companies rolled out Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) of shares in the last one year, real estate firms stayed away.
- 02 Feb 1710:05 AMCapital gains on sales of assets such as property and gold will decline after the proposal to shift the base year for calculation of the indexation benefit from 1981 to 2001, as announced by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.12:18 AMThrough a host of sops for the affordable housing segment, the budget tried to iron out both demand and supply side issues restricting its growth so far.
- 01 Feb 1703:24 PMMentioning measures for promoting affordable housing in the real estate sector, the Finance Minister said that the scheme for profit-linked income tax exemption for promoters of affordable housing will be broad based.02:01 PMGiving a massive push to affordable housing sector finance minister Arun Jaitley in the budget finally gave the segment much needed relief and granted infrastructure status to affordable housing. The industry had been for long asking for these changes.02:00 PMIn an attempt to encourage multi-modal transportation Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday said the government was in a position to synergise investments in rail, road and port sectors and has earmarked an allocation of Rs 3,96,135 crore for the01:30 PMAllocating a record Rs 3.96 lakh crore to infrastructure sector, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday said the magnitude of investment will spur economic activities and create more jobs.
- 31 Jan 1705:41 PMDemonetisation has hit property sales hard in last two months of 2016 as people were busy exchanging banned currency notes and secondary and luxury property sales came to a standstill as they include high amount of cash.05:26 AMThe ministry of rural development today claimed that it has constructed almost 2.2 million houses in rural areas under the Indira Awas Yojana till January 28, the highest in last five years and is confident of building almost 4.4 million absolutely new