- 02 May 1603:10 AMAfter relocating four times in the past four years, Devendra Warghiya is now methodical about shifting houses. "Before you leave the currently occupied property, ensure you have signed and registered the rental agreement with the new house owner.
- 27 Apr 1602:26 PMThe problem in the real estate sector is clearly highlighted in the response of the sector’s representative to RBI governor Raghuram Rajan’s remark on reducing real estate prices for a pick-up in demand.
- 26 Apr 1612:27 PMReal EstateA day after Reserve Bank Of India governor Raghuram Rajan urged property developers to cut home prices, real estate developers have rejected the call, saying it is unviable for them to reduce prices.
- 17 Apr 1610:09 PMRecently real estate consultancy JLL India held an Online Home Fest, through which it helped developers market their residential properties directly to buyers over the internet. Property portal Magicbricks.
- 30 Mar 1603:28 PMA few years ago, an upper middle-class working couple I know, were looking to invest in a second house in northern and north-eastern Mumbai.
- 29 Mar 1601:09 PMAfter the Real Estate Bill was passed, there was a flurry of activity among builders. The Bill, among other riders, stipulates that the builder can’t use pre-booking money as capital for construction.
- 21 Mar 1607:09 AMWith the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill cleared by both houses of Parliament, it is only a matter of time before the regulatory mechanism is set up by all states.
- 20 Mar 1610:30 PMThe central and the state governments must establish the authority within one year of the proposed Act coming into force. Each government could establish one or more authority within a state or Union territory.10:04 PMJakkur is an established residential suburb in northern Bengaluru. Set in a serene environment, it has one of the cleanest and largest water bodies in Bengaluru, which provides potable water to the city.
- 16 Mar 1603:42 AMThe Real Estate Bill, which Parliament passed into law on Tuesday, contains several provisions which aim to protect homebuyers from unscrupulous builders. At the moment, there is great opacity in the sector.
- 11 Mar 1602:01 PMFinally, some good news coming out of Parliament with the upper house clearing the Real Estate Bill.The real estate sector will get a much needed regulator that will bring in some discipline to a sector, known more for its bad trade practices.