- 24 Apr 1710:35 AMRamesh Patra, an executive at a Mumbai-based private bank, has been looking to buy a house for the past seven months.
- 20 Apr 1710:02 AMIn a massive blow to real estate developers, the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA) has cancelled the building plans of 17 projects of six builders, including Jaypee group.09:24 AMFor some time, most experts have been saying that home buyers should wait for the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) or (Rera) Act to be implemented. For one, it is supposed to be bring more transparency and expected to impact prices as well.
- 18 Apr 1701:58 PMAre you planning to buy a home? Hold on for a bit. The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, which protects the interest of home buyers will come into force on May 1. Experts say that this new law will reshape the entire real estate sector.
- 17 Apr 1701:20 AMLate last month, Germany-based Deutsche Bank renegotiated the lease rental for its corporate office of 90,000 sq ft at The Capital, a premium commercial building at the Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) in Mumbai.
- 29 Mar 1709:36 AMCome July 1 and leasing of land, renting of buildings as well as EMIs paid for purchase of under-construction houses will start attracting the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- 17 Mar 1702:04 AMPhoto: ShutterstockYou would soon be able to use a major chunk of your retirement money to buy a house.
- 03 Mar 1712:28 PMThe tax department on Friday warned that those who undertake Benami transactions would invite Rigorous Imprisonment (RI) of up to 7 years and such violators would also stand to be charged under the normal I-T Act.
- 02 Mar 1709:50 AMBusiness Standard brings you a snapshot of average current rates and unit sizes in localities that offer property in the price range of Rs 1.5 crore-2 crore.
- 17 Feb 1712:57 PMAfter 100 days of note ban, it is business as usual in some markets. In Mumbai, for instance, builders have once again started asking if part of the payment in a real estate transaction can be made in cash.
- 16 Feb 1709:52 AMRepresentational imageMost builder do not bother about permissions. They feel that they can do whatever they want and get away with it. If problems arise later, it could be tackled either by bribing the authorities or applying for regularisation.