- 02 Jun 1512:15 AMThe Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) has proposed doing away with the cap on banks’ business from a single insurer.12:14 AMPrivate life insurer Reliance Life Insurance plans to reduce the Ulip (unit-linked insurance plan) portfolio in its overall business mix. In an interview with M Saraswathy, chief executive Anup Rau talks about the company's strategy and the way forward.
- 01 Jun 1512:52 AMThe Finance Ministry on Sunday decided to simplify the Income-tax return forms, but retained the clauses that were meant to curb tax evasion.12:48 AMIn a relief to income tax (I-T) return filers the finance ministry on Sunday said it had decided to simplify these. However, while reducing the number of pages, the government has retained clauses meant to curb tax evasion.
- 31 May 1512:13 AMAn amount of Rs 27,000 crore is lying as unclaimed in the Employees Provident Fund, Union minister of state for Labour, Bandaru Dattatreya said here today.
- 29 May 1506:44 PMNew India Assurance has launched a home insurance product 'Griha Suvidha'. The product offers a cover for homes against various assets and belongings of the household against natural perils like flood, earthquake, fire, burglary and terrorism.
- 28 May 1512:40 AMHealth insurance customers may soon have to loosen their purse strings to pay premiums, if a proposal presented to the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) by an expert committee is accepted.12:25 AMThe Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) will soon have two new members looking after the member (life) and member (non-life) portfolio.
- 24 May 1502:02 PMMany private non-life insurers appear to be shying away from the Modi government's newly launched ambitious social security scheme offering Rs 2-lakh accident cover at an annual premium of just Rs 12, citing low pricing and the growing incidents of
- 23 May 1511:04 AMThe Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) is evaluating an open architecture for insurance agents, similar to the structure proposed for banks who act as corporate agents.
- 22 May 1504:32 PMOpposing the government's decision to deduct tax at source on pre-mature PF withdrawals, trade unions today said they will ask the Labour Ministry to put the EPFO order in this regard on hold.