- 31 Aug 1510:50 PMThe arbitrage funds' business has more than doubled in the past six months on the back of near double-digit returns and tax advantage.
- 30 Aug 1511:57 AMEven as the new insurance law has an enabling provision for allowing five public sector general insurers to go public, the government has no plans at present to dilute its stake in them.10:42 AMIRDAI has asked insurers to comply with additional investment conditions for GILT-ETFs, requiring them to invest in a basket of government securities actively traded in the market.
- 29 Aug 1512:22 AMThe Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai), in an exposure draft, said insurance companies can issue other forms of capital like preference shares or subordinated debt.
- 28 Aug 1512:36 AMWith the increase in smartphone users in the country, banks have been witnessing a sharp uptick in mobile banking transactions. It is not just the number of transactions, but even the value that has been growing at a sharp pace.12:33 AMThe Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given an extension to banks for issuance of EMV chip and PIN cards.12:30 AMTo allow new subscribers avail NPS scheme online, the pension fund regulator PFRDA is working on an alternative to know KYC details of customers after the Supreme Court imposed restrictions on use of Aadhar card for the verification purpose.
- 27 Aug 1512:11 AMSix years into the business of private equity, Tata Capital plans to hit the street once again to raise about $900 million as the second corpus across its two funds — Growth Fund and Opportunities Fund.
- 26 Aug 1503:02 PMLargest private lender ICICI Bank today launched the country's first mortgage guarantee-backed home loan product that will expand the credit amount and increase the tenure for an additional fee as well.
- 25 Aug 1512:56 PMA proposal to digitise all insurance policies has been presented to the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). As per this, policyholders may have to pay a certain fee if they wish to keep a physical copy of the policy.
- 23 Aug 1510:40 PMIt's best suited for families what want to have leisure holidays with activities for all of them. Not particularly suitable for the age group of 20-30, year or people who want to go sightseeing. When I was younger, I didn't like the idea.