- 19 Jun 1304:49 PMFueled by global recovery in the equity and real estate markets, the investable wealth of the world’s High Networth Individuals (HNIs) rebounded in 2012, up 10% to reach a record high of $46.2 trillion (Rs 2,679.60 lakh crore).
- 13 Jun 1307:50 PMProduct that have been s ent for re-filing may be approved in less than 10 days time.
- 12 Jun 1307:39 PMLife insurance companies are pulling all stops to ensure that the October 1 deadline for transition into the new regulatory regime is done smoothly.
- 11 Jun 1312:27 PMCases of getting fake currency notes are coming from across the country. This is an alarming situation for the banking system. Getting counterfeit currency notes from ATMs shows the strong flow of fake notes in the economy.12:41 AMOriental Bank of Commerce today slashed interest rates on term deposits of less than Rs 1 crore across various maturities by 0.25 per cent.
- 05 Jun 1302:02 PMInsurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) has geared up for the product refiling process by engaging additional staff in product approvals.
- 30 May 1307:28 PMPrivate equity firms made investment of $929 million across 66 deals in the first quarter of this year, down by 56% over the same period a year ago, says a PwC report.
- 26 May 1302:09 PMRegulator Irda has allowed insurers with sound financial health and a minimum of three years of operations to set up business in other countries.
- 24 May 1312:47 AMThe Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (Irda) has assured the broking community that it would address issues raised by the latter, such as high penalties, short-term licences and service tax on reinsurance brokers.12:47 AMIndian insurance companies in operation for at least three years will be eligible for opening offices outside the country.12:30 AMBangalore-based certified financial planner Anil Rego recalls how a client of his was sold a single-premium unit-linked insurance plan (Ulip) by a bank representative on the pretext of a high-return fixed deposit.