- 18 Nov 1406:52 PMRecently, an account holder with a public sector bank found that his debit card was compromised. Transactions were made using his debit card although it was in his possession.
- 12 Nov 1407:34 AMIf you are have an account with State Bank of India, HDFC Bank or Axis Bank you will have to pay higher charges for using ATM more than five times a month.
- 09 Nov 1412:14 AMNovember 14 is celebrated in India as Children's Day. On this day, you as a parent can make a start by teaching them about money. Here's how.
- 03 Nov 1403:29 AMIn 2013, an Assocham survey in Ahmedabad revealed a very telling figure - about 90 per cent of the people in the city did not have a corpus to deal with emergency situations like a job loss, delay in income, death or medical emergency in the family.03:27 AMWarren Buffett once described value investing in the simplest terms as "buying a business for less than its worth". Unfortunately, situations of clear under-valuation don't arise all that often.
- 27 Oct 1402:28 AMRegulatory woes are as big a problem for investors as for companies because it is difficult to decide on investments in these firms.02:27 AMDiwali is as good a time as any to take stock of annual portfolio performance and to consider changes in asset allocation. The festival season provides a natural break from the daily grind.
- 22 Oct 1402:57 AMReceiving money from a family member abroad could become costlier. The government has decided to re-introduce the service tax on inward remittances from abroad.
- 20 Oct 1402:25 AMNeha Pathak, vice-president, head - trust and estate planning, Motilal Oswal Private Wealth Management cites the example of a businessman who had named his son as the nominee in all his investments.
- 14 Oct 1401:30 PMThe primary method is to look at its returns vis-à-vis its benchmark index. But for a diligent investor, the analysis should not end there. There are several ratios that one should look at to further determine the scheme’s performance.
- 06 Oct 1412:06 AMThe Reserve Bank of India (RBI) recently placed a draft charter of customer rights on its website for public comments.