- 26 Jan 1503:20 AMThe season of sale is on. It's not uncommon to see online retailers announcing "minimum 90 per cent off" or "flat 70 per cent off". Some deals are available for Rs 1 and coupons worth Rs 10,000 if you sign up.
- 19 Jan 1503:50 AMRahul Singh has a well-diversified investment portfolio. He has followed financial planning principles to the core, and has always invested with a goal in mind. His next big goal: funding his son Vihaan's higher education.
- 14 Jan 1510:40 PMAfter Blue Dart came up with a bonus debenture scheme late last year, NTPC, announced that existing shareholders would be rewarded with bonus (read free) debentures.
- 13 Jan 1503:27 AMWith interest rates likely to come down in the next few months, investors might find fixed income instruments to be a good option. The longer the term, the better it is.
- 05 Jan 1504:47 AMAnew year is as good a time as any to get your finances in shape. If not confident of doing it yourself, it's best to take the help of a financial planner or advisor.
- 02 Jan 1502:22 AMRetail investors start flocking to the market when it creates new highs. To tap such investors, brokerage houses come up with attractive propositions. These intermediaries will charge customers brokerage fees only if they make profit.
- 23 Dec 1410:31 PMRetail investors, even those who have invested in debt mutual funds, haven't had it too bad in 2014. With average returns of almost 16 per cent for the one-year category, these schemes have been the top performer in the debt segment this year,
- 22 Dec 1406:18 PMPotential car buyers can look for a good deal in December as auto makers come up with irresistible discounts. This time, as well, there are enough tempting deals from companies like companies such as Hyundai and Maruti Suzuki.11:54 AMIt's a bumper time for potential car buyers. A number of auto companies are offering year-end discounts that include exchange bonuses, free accessories and insurance among others. The benefits are even more in case of corporate customers.12:20 AMIf you are planning a trip to Europe the coming summer, it might be a good idea to book the package now. This is because the rupee has gained about six per cent against the euro since December last year.
- 16 Dec 1405:53 AMIt is a scary situation when you don't have a loan, but you are being harassed for non-repayment by recovery agents. It's a growing trend due to identity thefts through which loans are getting sanctioned under false names.