- 22 May 1609:21 PMCollectors increasingly see paintings as investments - and collateral. The value of loans secured against artworks has doubled in four years, topping $10 billion in 2015 and rising, according to researcher Skate's.
- 17 May 1606:45 AMExchange-traded funds (ETFs) don’t have many takers in India though they are popular in developed economies. One big reason: most actively managed funds offer much higher returns.
- 13 May 1604:25 AMGiven the rising popularity of mobile payments and wallets, the Banking Code and Standards Board of India (BCSBI) will include them in the revised code for individual customers to be released this year.
- 05 May 1612:04 AMTo check falsity by salaried taxpayers in claiming deductions, the income tax (I-T) department has introduced a new form that all employees will need to give their employers this financial year onwards.
- 04 May 1603:36 AMThe next time you get an email from the Income Tax (I-T) department stating that it wants to refund you some money, don’t be delighted — be cautious.
- 25 Apr 1604:20 AMIf you are vacationing abroad this summer, you would probably have firmed up your plans. Airline and hotel bookings would have been done after exhaustive research on the internet.03:19 AMA policy focus on generating employment offers many payoffs. Apart from winning votes, high employment is associated with good tax revenues and lower crime.12:49 AMDoes your car idle outside your office for hours on most days? You can soon rent out your personal car for self-drive and earn. Myles, a self-drive car rental company, is ready with a platform where individuals can offer theirs for as short as two hours.
- 20 Apr 1603:20 PMFollowing pressure from trade unions and violence in Bengaluru over the restrictions on withdrawal of Provident Fund (PF) corpus, the government on Tuesday rolled back the notification that introduced these measures.
- 11 Apr 1604:06 AMThe marginal cost-based lending rate or MCLR that has kicked in from April 1 replaces the base rate system that was introduced with much fanfare six years ago.
- 29 Mar 1610:10 AMA company in which you own shares announces a dividend and you are happy of getting some tax-free income. But you don’t bother to check your account to see if the money has been credited or not.