- 04 May 1603:36 AMThe next time you get an email from the Income Tax (I-T) department stating that it wants to refund you some money, don’t be delighted — be cautious.
- 25 Apr 1604:20 AMIf you are vacationing abroad this summer, you would probably have firmed up your plans. Airline and hotel bookings would have been done after exhaustive research on the internet.03:19 AMA policy focus on generating employment offers many payoffs. Apart from winning votes, high employment is associated with good tax revenues and lower crime.12:49 AMDoes your car idle outside your office for hours on most days? You can soon rent out your personal car for self-drive and earn. Myles, a self-drive car rental company, is ready with a platform where individuals can offer theirs for as short as two hours.
- 20 Apr 1603:20 PMFollowing pressure from trade unions and violence in Bengaluru over the restrictions on withdrawal of Provident Fund (PF) corpus, the government on Tuesday rolled back the notification that introduced these measures.
- 11 Apr 1604:06 AMThe marginal cost-based lending rate or MCLR that has kicked in from April 1 replaces the base rate system that was introduced with much fanfare six years ago.
- 29 Mar 1610:10 AMA company in which you own shares announces a dividend and you are happy of getting some tax-free income. But you don’t bother to check your account to see if the money has been credited or not.
- 28 Mar 1604:20 AMVenkat Naishadham, 43, working for Citibank in Mexico City, plans to shift back to India this summer.03:17 AMMumbai-based Atul Bhosale's daughter is currently in first-year engineering and his son is in Class VII. He started earmarking funds for his children's higher studies about three years ago.
- 04 Mar 1604:40 AMBuying petrol, booking train tickets online and paying utility bills are set to become cheaper with the Union Cabinet approving a proposal to withdraw the surcharge/service charge or convenience fee on digital payments.
- 01 Mar 1604:40 AMPF schemes hitherto enjoyed the tax status of exempt-exempt-exempt (EEE, meaning no tax on contribution, interest or at withdrawal).