- 22 Dec 1412:20 AMIf you are planning a trip to Europe the coming summer, it might be a good idea to book the package now. This is because the rupee has gained about six per cent against the euro since December last year.
- 16 Dec 1405:53 AMIt is a scary situation when you don't have a loan, but you are being harassed for non-repayment by recovery agents. It's a growing trend due to identity thefts through which loans are getting sanctioned under false names.
- 12 Dec 1410:29 AMThe sibling dispute between the Shroff brothers - Shardul and Cyril - who together run the country's largest law firm, Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A Shroff & Co, has put the spotlight on the legal status of a will vis-à-vis a
- 10 Dec 1403:25 AMAn email from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Raghuram Rajan is hard to ignore. Especially if it says you have won Rs 5.5 crore. Unfortunately, it is not from him or the central bank.
- 08 Dec 1412:58 AMIf you need to transfer money from, say, your YES Bank account to a customer of Union Bank of India, you can now do so through your debit card, by visiting an automated teller machine (ATM).
- 01 Dec 1411:51 AMWhat if you had the option to pay your electricity bill at the local supermarket while you bought the monthly groceries. This may soon be a possibility with the Reserve Bank of India allowing the setting up of payment banks.04:40 AM“Have you ever traded in the stock market, sir?" The call came in the middle of an important office meeting and Rajnikanth Shirke (name changed) cut the call. It didn't end there.02:39 AMSiblings fighting over property after the death of parents is nothing new. Even if there is a will, heirs do squabble over the division of assets.12:44 AMFour months ago the government whipped public sector banks to start opening at least 75 million new accounts, a directive they duly complied with by opening 80 million accounts, whether from new or existing account holders.12:36 AMThere are instances of unscrupulous bank officials defrauding depositors. Here is a case of how Bank of India officials violated all banking norms, resulting in a customer's account being wiped clean through illegal ATM withdrawals.
- 25 Nov 1412:35 AMBe cautious when making a transaction from your smartphone. Cyber security expert Vijay Mukhi says, "I will choose a browser over an app.