- 20 Nov 1412:10 AMRahul Shah, a Mumbai-based financial services professional, began investing in mutual funds three years ago, shortly after he joined a global consultancy firm.
- 19 Nov 1410:40 PMThe re-launched Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) might add to concerns related to black money, among other issues, say investment experts.09:40 PMOne of the big takeaways from the recently released data on India's merchandise trade is that gold imports have, once again, skyrocketed.
- 13 Nov 1408:59 AMIt’s raining returns on mutual fund investors with both equity and debt funds seeing good growth. In a bid to take advantage of this, fund houses are launching funds that invest across asset classes: equity, debt and gold.
- 12 Nov 1403:02 PMInsurance companies have often found themselves at the receiving end for imposing stiff fees or costs since these charges shrink the investible portion of the premium paid.
- 10 Nov 1410:50 PMA discount broking trend might take a while to catch on. At least three major retail broking entities, and many smaller ones, have adopted a wait-and-watch approach on this, according to sector officials Business Standard spoke with.02:50 AMSample this: If you had invested a lump sum of Rs 1.20 lakh in 2004 in an index fund mirroring the Sensex, you would be sitting on a corpus of Rs 5.87 lakh today.
- 05 Nov 1406:48 PMWant to gift a financial investment like mutual fund or insurance policy or bank fixed deposit (FDs) to your niece or nephew? The answer: You can't gift him an insurance policy but if you are willing to do some additional paperwork, lumpsum investment in
- 04 Nov 1406:08 PMBefore investing money we think and rethink on whether or not to make the investment, will it be helpful, where to invest, the amount to be invested and so on. However, nomination for the investment is mostly an effortless process.
- 03 Nov 1407:00 AMThe rapid fall in inflation in the last couple of months is the first indication that the tide is slowly turning in the debt market. Interest rates are now expected to start their downward move and it's now only a question of when this happens.03:30 AMWith the stock market going up, unit-linked insurance plans (Ulips) seem to be making a comeback.