- 27 Jan 1512:05 PMUnderstanding some common stock investing myths can make a significant difference in wealth over your lifetime. Here are five common myths you should be aware of.12:13 AMThe BSE Sensex is at an all-time high of 29,279. Over the past year, it has given substantial returns, of over 36 per cent. Both these numbers should bring a smile to retail investors.
- 23 Jan 1503:30 AMIf you are a debt investor content with putting money into fixed deposits (FDs), this might be a good time to consider duration funds.
- 19 Jan 1502:58 AMAccording to sources, the government might reduce the lock-in for the scheme from the existing three years to one year, to draw investors. Currently, the scheme offers a fixed lock-in for the first year and flexible lock-in for the next two years.
- 18 Jan 1510:03 PMIf 40 is the new 30, 50 is the new 60 today. For those who want to hang up their boots at 50, that is. It may be an uphill climb no doubt, but retiring early is no longer considered an impossible dream.
- 16 Jan 1502:32 AMThe period between January and March typically sees an uptick in the launch of fixed maturity plans, or FMPs. Not this year. Instead, fund houses are busy rolling over or extending the tenure of their one-year FMPs launched last year to three years.
- 12 Jan 1504:17 AMThe temptation of the moment to buy mid-cap stocks could be irresistible. The BSE Mid-Cap Index enjoyed a stellar run in calendar year 2014, returning 55 per cent, almost twice the benchmark BSE Sensex.
- 06 Jan 1502:32 AMReliance Mutual Fund recently got the government nod to launch a pension plan. This is the third such plan from a fund house. The first two — from UTI MF and Franklin Templeton MF — were launched 15 years ago.
- 05 Jan 1505:38 PMWhile we are not underplaying the importance of finding the right investment, the heavy lifting of any financial plan starts well before investment selection.02:20 AMPrime Minister Narendra Modi's advice for banks to convince people to channelise savings from gold to fixed deposits (FDs) is endorsed by many personal finance managers.
- 01 Jan 1512:43 AMHalf of the sharp rise in stocks in 2014 was driven by re-ratings - rise in price-to-earning ratios on hopes the new government would turn around the economy which will reflect in corporate earnings.