- 26 May 1605:49 AMReal estate stocks seem to have caught investors’ fancy recently. The Nifty Realty index has gained almost 38 per cent in the past three months. In contrast, Nifty 50 Index has risen only 14 per cent.
- 25 May 1605:30 AMAfter minutes of the US Federal Reserve’s April meeting, where a rate hike was debated, were published, and in the wake of recent statements by Fed officials, experts within the Indian financial sector expect at least one rate hike in 2016. They
- 24 May 1604:45 AMMost small saving schemes have seen a downward revision in interest rates recently. Bank and post office fixed deposits are now in the range of 7.5-8 per cent and high-rated company deposits return 8.4 per cent.
- 23 May 1607:56 AMThe surprise in Budget 2016 was partial exemption provided to the National Pension System (NPS) and Employee Provident Fund (EPF), thereby bringing these on a par.04:40 AMJust as Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon have changed your shopping behaviour, online start-ups are trying to change the way you plan your events.
- 22 May 1609:43 PMMany fund houses say they are offering e-KYC or biometric KYC.
- 20 May 1605:02 AMBanking funds have rallied 17.3 per cent over the past three months (according to category average data from Value Research), compared to the broad market index, Nifty 50, which is up 8.23 per cent.03:21 AMA Tesla upgrade from Goldman Sachs looks like a case of bad timing. The bank's analysts upgraded the carmaker on May 18, just hours before their banking cohorts took a role in a $1.7-billion stock sale expected to launch in the next day or two.
- 18 May 1605:43 AMSallie Krawcheck, former CFO of Citgroup has just launched an investment platform, Ellevest, which has several interesting features, although it is not directly relevant to Indians.
- 16 May 1610:32 PMThe government has decided to allow trading in sovereign gold bonds by the end of May. This means their listing on stock exchanges is on the cards.06:30 AMIt has been about three-and-a-half years since direct plans of mutual funds were launched in January 2013. Though informed investors, mostly companies, have been availing these services, retail investors are yet to turn aggressive.