- 20 May 1510:30 PMThe Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has been constantly working towards making retail investors safe in the stock market.02:55 PMThe government on Tuesday proposed a new scheme offering tax-free interest on depositing the yellow metal with banks. The idea is to mobilise idle gold worth up to Rs 60 lakh crore held by households and institutions.
- 19 May 1512:52 PMThe Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) reportedly plans to raise the minimum contract size for trading in equity derivatives. The lot size will be raised from the existing Rs 2 lakh to Rs 5 lakh or Rs 10 lakh.12:42 AMDebt funds which invest in government securities and corporate bonds are seen as a good investment avenue for those with a 12-24 month horizon, as the Street is expecting further rate cuts of 25-50 basis points (bps) in the current financial
- 14 May 1503:15 PMPublic sector undertakings such as Indian Railway Finance Corporation and National Highways Authority of India will soon come out with their tax-free bonds.
- 11 May 1512:30 PMLast year, shares of Bhushan Steel took a beating after its lenders invoked nearly 14 million pledged shares held by the company's promoters.
- 08 May 1501:41 AMDoes it help investor evaluate the fund? Vikaas Sachdeva, CEO of Edelweiss Asset Management, says such warnings would help first-timers do-it-yourself investors to understand risks associated with uncommon products such as monthly income plans or
- 07 May 1512:58 AMCompared to other parts of the country, people from Gujarat are more aware and conscious about its investment for retirement, said a survey by Reliance Capital Asset Management (RCAM), a part of Reliance Capital of Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG).
- 06 May 1502:19 AMJust like bank fixed deposits (FDs), interest rates on corporate FDs are on a downward trajectory. The interest rates of some corporate FDs have declined by up to 40 basis points (bps) recently.
- 04 May 1509:53 AMRetail investors, who are wary of stock market volatility and find fixed deposit returns low, have been falling for dubious schemes that promise high fixed guaranteed returns.
- 26 Apr 1501:25 AMIt's a dilemma several middle-aged parents grapple with. Two goals - retirement and saving for children's higher education - but not enough funds to meet them. Parents would be tempted to compromise on the former to meet the latter.