- 25 Apr 1703:13 AMRetail investors seem to be buying non-convertible debentures (NCDs) aggressively. Recently, Muthoot Finance came up with an NCD issue of Rs 2,000 crore, which offered interest rate between 8.25 per cent and nine per cent.
- 17 Apr 1710:05 AMPhoto: ShutterstockThe recently published Sebi investor survey said nearly 60 per cent of investors buy mutual funds (MFs) through the systematic investment plan (SIP) route.
- 13 Apr 1707:14 AMDriven by sudden surge in single premium policy sales and falling interest rates, total new business premium of LIC rose 25.8 per cent to Rs 1.22 lakh crore in FY17 from around Rs 97,000 crore in the previous year.12:32 AMWhen submitting house rent allowance (HRA) receipts, claiming that you pay rent to a close relative like parents, siblings or spouse, ensure that you have supporting documents to substantiate it.
- 11 Apr 1710:11 AMRecent moves by the government to try and rationalise the multitude of savings rates in the country — many of which are still administratively set — are welcome and praiseworthy.
- 07 Apr 1709:49 AMIn the absence of nomination or will, the heirs to a piece of property or financial assets are required to prove their claims to them.
- 23 Mar 1707:22 AMHas a mutual fund distributor tried to sell a balanced (equity-oriented hybrid) fund to you with the promise of a regular dividend each month? According to industry insiders, distributors are promising one per cent tax-free dividend each month (12 per
- 17 Mar 1702:04 AMPhoto: ShutterstockYou would soon be able to use a major chunk of your retirement money to buy a house.
- 22 Feb 1712:34 PMSubscribers of retirement fund body EPFO can now withdrawal money from their PF account using one common form and will not be required to file documents like marriage invitation cards for taking advances.
- 03 Feb 1702:31 AMUnion Finance Minister Arun Jaitley’s expectation that small savings will amount to more than Rs 1 lakh crore in the next fiscal year is realistic, according to bond market participants.
- 04 Jan 1706:05 AMIf investment proposals are anything to go by, corporate sentiment was badly hit in November.