- 21 May 1306:51 PMThere is always the chance that your investments could turn bad despite good market conditions. If an investor knew how to identify bad investments, he would have never suffered losses. However, warning signs and early indications may help here.
- 20 May 1301:12 PMSwelled budget is as bad as an excess fat in your body. Excess fat can be burned by exercise while swelled budget can be taken care of by discipline. Budget deficits are not the problem of Indian government alone.02:30 AMRetirees earning a pension hope to manage all their finances with this income, without depending on anyone else. However, most feel this might not be sufficient, owing to the rising inflation and the desire to pass on wealth to the next generation.12:29 AMUsually, a home loan is one of the biggest liabilities. Considering the huge amount and the long tenure involved, it is advisable to repay the loan at the earliest.
- 17 May 1301:43 PMMedical inflation increased by almost 5% between 2009 and 2012, as per healthcare industry experts.
- 16 May 1312:30 AMSample this: In the last three years, debt products have returned around nine per cent annually, while benchmark indices gave around 4.50 per cent.
- 15 May 1312:30 AMPolicyholders, especially ones with family floaters, always worry that one serious illness to a single family member would exhaust their entire sum assured.
- 14 May 1305:30 AMIt's been a good year for global equity markets. With the key indices in several countries hitting their all-time highs, equity investors would have had some reason to cheer.
- 13 May 1301:29 AMIndians love gold. We love to wear gold jewellery. We love the fact that we can borrow money using gold as a security. We also love the fact that returns from gold can beat inflation, which very few financial instruments in India can.
- 09 May 1312:43 PMThe last decade has seen gold give excellent returns to investors across the globe. This Bull Run has helped in bringing gold back as an important asset class in itself and it is no longer considered and exotic investment.
- 07 May 1311:48 AMUnit-linked plans (Ulips) as a whole may not yet attract consumer appetite, but debt-focussed Ulips are seeing an uptick among Indian customers.