- 19 Jun 1302:11 AMSeveral measures in the health insurance standardisation programme, set to be implemented from July 1, are customer-friendly. However, the clause pertaining to the size of hospitals may prove to be a hindrance to many, especially pregnant women.12:45 AMTo resolve claims faster, private general insurance companies have set up in-house third-party administrators (TPAs).
- 16 Jun 1302:30 AMThe last few years have seen a surge in various types of health insurance products being launched by various insurance companies.02:26 AM"My employer already provides health insurance for my entire family. Should I take individual cover, too?" Earlier, this was often asked.
- 14 Jun 1303:30 AMWhen confused between buying an online insurance plan and an offline one (that is, through a company or agent), most experts will suggest the online plan because of the low cost.
- 11 Jun 1303:30 AMInsurance buyers, often, realise too late the policy that they have bought is either too expensive or does not give them adequate cover.
- 10 Jun 1303:48 AMI recently bought an expensive pet dog. Are there any insurance policies, especially for pets bought from abroad?Yes. Like personal insurance, pets can also now be insured.12:51 AMIn case you are unable to pay premiums any more in your traditional or unit-linked insurance plans (Ulips), you can use the paid-up option. Here, the policy continues to remain valid.
- 08 Jun 1312:37 AMThe insurance industry, reeling under the impact of macro-economic conditions and low penetration, now has reason to cheer. Insurance firms have seen a higher profit margin for FY13, compared to the previous financial year.
- 07 Jun 1302:34 AMCompetition Commission has dismissed allegations of abuse of dominance by four insurance companies, including The New India Assurance Co, and sectoral regulator IRDA.12:12 AMPublic sector general insurers might reward customers of health insurance policies with lower premium.