- 30 May 1610:15 PMWith about 100,000 Indians expected to be afflicted with lung cancer this year, the World No Tobacco Day on Tuesday is a good day to evaluate your financial needs to handle critical illnesses caused by tobacco.02:09 AMToday, if you want to buy a term plan online, you can do so till the age of 60 years or more-something very difficult to do only a few years back. The coverage will be given till the age of 75 years to 80 years.
- 23 May 1605:38 AMInsurance is a product that is usually sold, rarely purchased. People normally buy it when it is hard-sold by an agent.
- 18 May 1603:40 AMJust like homes, cars and mobile phones, you can purchase health insurance through equated monthly installments (EMIs). Future Generali India Insurance and Reliance General Insurance have launched products that offer premium payment through EMI.
- 09 May 1604:10 AMWith schools set to close soon due to summer holidays, a large number of people will seek the relief of salubrious climates abroad. And it is always good to have a comprehensive insurance cover against all contingencies.
- 08 May 1611:00 PMI have a family-floater health insurance and have been paying premium for two years. This year, the sum assured has gone up due to the no-claim bonus but so has my premium, though I have not made any claims.07:19 AMIf you have been diligent about renewing your car insurance year after year, it is natural to expect that the insurer will pay up when a claim arises. Sometimes, however, claims of even bona fide customers get rejected.
- 02 May 1603:06 AMKishan Cold Storage, a partnership firm, used to charge farmers to preserve their foodstuff. It was set up by obtaining a cash credit loan and working capital from United Bank of India by mortgaging its entire assets.
- 27 Apr 1610:36 PMIndian consumers’ hesitation to buy health insurance perhaps stems from the fact that most of the health care expense goes towards outpatient care, medicines and other medical goods, while in-patient or hospitalisation accounts for a smaller share.
- 25 Apr 1604:16 AMThe government has tied itself into knots on reforms in the retirement and pension sector. First, it proposed to tax up to 60 per cent of the accumulated Employee's Provident Fund (EPF) corpus, even if withdrawn after retirement.
- 19 Apr 1604:19 AMStar Health and Allied Insurance has launched a group insurance policy for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). It has so far covered 241 children from a Chennai-based NGO called Sankalp.