- 27 Apr 1610:36 PMIndian consumers’ hesitation to buy health insurance perhaps stems from the fact that most of the health care expense goes towards outpatient care, medicines and other medical goods, while in-patient or hospitalisation accounts for a smaller share.
- 25 Apr 1604:16 AMThe government has tied itself into knots on reforms in the retirement and pension sector. First, it proposed to tax up to 60 per cent of the accumulated Employee's Provident Fund (EPF) corpus, even if withdrawn after retirement.
- 19 Apr 1604:19 AMStar Health and Allied Insurance has launched a group insurance policy for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). It has so far covered 241 children from a Chennai-based NGO called Sankalp.
- 18 Apr 1604:07 AMBuying an insurance product in the 1990s, and even now in many places, was and is as simple as this: Your friendly neighbourhood agent of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) comes and explains the benefits of buying a particular plan over a cup of
- 16 Apr 1610:10 PMIn the past, parents and grandparents never felt the need to have health insurance for various reasons. For one, the joint family system ensured that even a large hospitalisation bill could be managed collectively.
- 15 Apr 1612:55 AMPeople often don’t purchase health insurance, which, with term insurance, should be among the top two covers to have. A recent survey by Future Generali India Insurance of 1,082 people highlights some mistakes people commit.
- 06 Apr 1610:37 PMToday, if you’re planning a holiday, you can check out the details of restaurants and hotels online. You can get ratings based on the type of rooms, services, prices and user reviews.
- 04 Apr 1610:39 PMWith the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) raising the premium rates for third-party motor cover last week, these are set to increase by 25-40 per cent, depending on your car’s engine capacity.
- 03 Apr 1610:08 PMYour motor insurance premium will increase from April 1. One reason is the rise in third-party motor premium.
- 28 Mar 1610:44 PMHome insurance remains a grossly under-purchased product in India. A recent survey by ICICI Lombard General Insurance of 2,000 people showed that only seven per cent had bought home insurance.
- 22 Mar 1609:42 PMAt the recent Business Standard Insurance Round Table, the leaders of the industry signalled that far-reaching changes were afoot in the sector.