- 11 Feb 1602:01 PM‘Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.
- 01 Feb 1603:07 AMWhen the markets are down, fund managers can't possibly give you positive returns. But, if they manage to contain the downside risk - net asset values of funds declining less than the benchmark index - then they have done a good job.
- 29 Jan 1602:46 AMDuring volatile times such as these, many investment advisors are telling investors to restrict fresh investments in mid- and small-cap mutual funds in preference of large-cap funds.
- 24 Jan 1602:50 AMExperts are predicting that 2016 will be a year when bottom-up stock picking will trump top-down and sector-based investing.02:02 AMWith a deteriorating domestic interest rate outlook, India’s debt fund managers have cut allocation to government securities (G-secs) by nearly 140 basis points (bps) in the December quarter.
- 22 Jan 1603:33 AMA sharp fall in the share price of the stocks preferred most by mutual funds has begun to hurt the performance of equity schemes.
- 21 Jan 1603:49 AMIndia's domestic investors are once again offsetting the massive selling by overseas investors.
- 20 Jan 1604:50 AMFund managers have taken a liking to initial public offerings (IPOs). In December, one out of every five rupees was invested in new stock market entrants.
- 18 Jan 1604:35 AMJanus Capital, a US-based fund, has changed its portfolio manager for two funds investing in India - Janus Aspen Overseas Portfolio and Janus Overseas Portfolio.03:58 AMMany mutual fund categories are showing a negative average return over a one-year horizon (see table).03:47 AMDomestic fund managers have been caught on the wrong foot, with their investment in the country's biggest engineering firm, Larsen and Toubro (L&T), and recent Sensex entrant Adani Ports.
- 14 Jan 1602:46 AMCorporate treasury exposure to debt mutual fund schemes continues to scale new highs. Net inflows into liquid funds stood at Rs 40,302 crore in calendar year 2015, highest in at least 10 years, data from Value Research shows.
- 13 Jan 1602:10 PMThe Amtek Auto credit crisis affecting two of JP Morgan AMC's schemes in August last year was an eye-opener for India's mutual fund industry.01:55 PMShares of several Indian banks — public as well as private lenders — are hitting their 52-week lows in the last few days. Pressure was clearly visible on PSU counters for quite some time now.05:49 AMTotal money mobilisation through equity mutual funds reduced by 28 per cent in calendar year 2015. With cap on the upfront commission payout by the Asset Management Companies (AMCs) to distributors imposed from April, there has been a decline in the04:40 AMThe Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi)’s latest guidelines in which it has reduced the exposure limits for debt mutual funds will reduce the risk for investors, say experts.
- 11 Jan 1604:52 AMThe SIP (systematic investment plan) in my mutual fund got over last month.
- 06 Jan 1602:43 AMBirla Sun Life Short Term Fund, launched on March 3, 1997, has been ranked in the top 30 percentile (CRISIL Fund Rank 1 or 2) for the last four consecutive quarters.
- 31 Dec 1503:28 PMThe year 2015 was the busiest for Indian Insurance companies not only from the point of view (POV) of compliance with the new regulations but also due to the passage of the Insurance Laws (Amendment) Act 2015. The Act allowed foreign direct investment12:20 AMThe year 2015 has been a historical one for India’s mutual fund sector — a year of new records.
|15 Feb 16||UTI-Transportation & Logistics Fund (D)||3.00|
|15 Feb 16||UTI-Spread Fund (D)||0.07|
|15 Feb 16||UTI-Transportation & Logistics Fund - Direct (D)||3.00|
|15 Feb 16||UTI-Spread Fund - Direct (D)||0.07|
|15 Feb 16||Edelweiss Arbitrage Fund - Regular (D)||0.10|
|15 Feb 16||Edelweiss Arbitrage Fund - Direct (D)||0.10|
|17 Feb 16||Religare Invesco Dynamic Equity Fund (D)||0.13|
|17 Feb 16||Religare Invesco Dynamic Equity Fund - Direct (D)||0.13|