- 17 Apr 1510:23 PMThe top ten stock picks of India's equity mutual fund managers underwent a sharp re-shuffle in 2014-15. MF managers not only changed their preferences for stocks but also ousted three heavyweight counters from their top holdings during the year,
- 16 Apr 1510:44 PMSBI Magnum Gilt Fund - Long Term, launched in December 2000, is classified in the long-term gilt category of CRISIL Mutual Fund Ranking.
- 01 Apr 1504:23 PMGlobally, the performance of a fund is measured against its respective country’s equity indices. If a fund manager is able to meet or beat the index performance s/he is considered to be a strong performer.
- 31 Mar 1510:30 PMConventional wisdom says investors should buy into the market during the lows and sell when it’s high. In reality, it’s always the opposite. But some fund houses are trying to achieve it.
- 27 Mar 1501:47 PMThere is big trouble brewing in the Rs 12-lakh crore mutual fund industry.
- 18 Mar 1502:45 AMRoughly one of every two rupees in mutual fund equity schemes was invested after December 2012. The average holding period for only around half of them is greater than two years, show data from the Association of Mutual Funds in India (Amfi).02:33 AMInternationally, analysts are becoming bullish on big gold mining companies. They feel the worst is behind, after a three-year downturn.
- 17 Mar 1501:40 PMWarren Buffett once famously said “be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful&". Internationally, those who follow this principle are putting their bets on stocks of gold mining companies.02:33 AMInternational funds have been among the worst performing funds in the past year. Average category returns have been only about one per cent, lower than all other categories except gold funds.
- 16 Mar 1503:47 AMA few weeks before the Union Budget, expectations were high that the retirement plans of mutual funds (MFs) would be made eligible for tax benefits under Section 80CCD of the Income Tax Act.
- 09 Mar 1512:25 AMIt is important to have a long-term investment horizon, as equities could be volatile in the short term but tend to outperform all asset classes over the longer term. Also, choose equity schemes according to your risk appetite.
- 05 Mar 1503:49 AMMutual fund (MF) schemes whose returns go up when interest rates fall are back in focus with the Reserve Bank of India cutting the prime lending rate by 25 basis points, to 7.5 per cent, on Wednesday.
- 01 Mar 1510:28 PMThrough the past year and a half, the equity market has been on a roll. It has boosted the returns of equity funds, with quite a few schemes gaining about 100 per cent.
- 25 Feb 1510:04 PMBuoyed by the success of recent launches, mutual fund companies have applied for as many as 25 new fund offers (NFOs) with the markets regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi).
- 22 Feb 1511:54 PMSmall is not considered so beautiful by mutual fund investors. The country's top 10 MF houses still manage nearly 80 per cent of the sector's total of assets under management. The bottom 20 manage a mere three per cent.
- 19 Feb 1510:50 PMBudget 2015-16 might sound the death knell for bonus or dividend stripping in mutual fund (MF) schemes. Such schemes are popular among rich investors, as these generate high returns by exploiting an anomaly in taxation.10:31 PMInvestors in banking and financial services mutual funds (MFs) are a happy lot. With the category average returns at 85 per cent in the past year, these schemes have outperformed the benchmark Sensex and Nifty substantially.
- 17 Feb 1510:57 PMReliance Tax Saver Fund, launched in September 2005, has been in the top 30 percentile (CRISIL Fund Rank 1 and 2) of the CRISIL Mutual Fund Rankings for the past four quarters.04:50 AMFund houses, flush with investor inflows, are staring at a huge commission outgo to distributors this financial year.
- 11 Feb 1510:35 PMIf your mutual fund scheme is sitting on 20 per cent cash, is it an underperformer? Not necessarily. ICICI Prudential Dynamic Plan has returned 37 per cent in 2014 against its benchmark – Nifty’s – return of 31 per cent.
|22 Apr 15||Edelweiss Arbitrage Fund - Regular (D)||0.05|
|22 Apr 15||Edelweiss Absolute Return Fund (D)||0.22|
|22 Apr 15||Birla Sun Life MNC Fund - A (D)||10.00|
|22 Apr 15||Edelweiss Arbitrage Fund - Direct (D)||0.05|
|22 Apr 15||Edelweiss Absolute Return Fund - Direct (D)||0.22|
|22 Apr 15||Edelweiss Short Term Income Fund (D)||0.20|