- 06 Oct 1506:44 AMSupport from domestic institutions has been a silver lining in the latest sell-off in Indian markets. In the first half of this financial year, foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) were net sellers during four months.
- 01 Oct 1510:20 AMWhile the rupee was losing its value on fears of money leaving the country in case of an interest rate hike in the US, Indian mutual funds were trying to play the scenario by stacking up on IT sector stocks.12:38 AMEarly this week, JP Morgan Asset Management, an asset manager for individuals and institutions, lifted the cap it had imposed on redemptions from two of its debt mutual fund schemes after a sharp fall in their net asset value.
- 30 Sep 1506:28 AMThe policy changes by the central bank directly impacts your investment in debt funds. According to Akhil Mittal, a senior fund manager with Tata Mutual Fund, income and gilt funds would make the best capital gains after the rate cut.
- 29 Sep 1503:34 PMThe RBI made a surprise repo rate cut of 50 basis points through its September 29 Monetary Policy Statement, taking the repo rate to 6.75%.
- 28 Sep 1504:41 AMWith fund houses coming under pressure from the markets regulator, Securities and Exchange Board of India, due to their exposure to risky sectors such as steel, power and real estate, many fund managers have started reducing their exposure to these01:20 AMMy parents are senior citizens. All their savings bank accounts and FDs are in their joint names. There is no nominee.
- 23 Sep 1504:46 AMThe Amtek Auto crisis has not only caused panic among the investors of JPMorgan Mutual Fund but also among debt investors.03:50 AMMany fund houses preferred to distribute their products through their own sister concerns and sponsors, thereby keeping the commission within the group.
- 22 Sep 1506:50 AMIt's not only the secondary market.
- 18 Sep 1504:33 AMMid- and small-cap mutual funds have delivered returns of over 125 per cent in two years, almost double the returns yielded by large-cap funds. Such huge gains have raised many eyebrows.
- 17 Sep 1510:43 PMRetail investors in debt funds are worried. In the past few weeks, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has expressed discomfort at the large exposure of some fund houses to sectors such as steel, power, and real estate.
- 16 Sep 1509:41 PMThere has been a welcome shift in the composition of household savings in the financial year of 2014-15. Individuals are investing in financial assets again, after a five-year period when the favoured inflation hedges were physical assets such as gold and03:38 AMThe buy and hold investing style for equity schemes of the Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund borders on indifference to external events.03:37 AMOne of the characteristics that differentiates Santosh Kamath and Kunal Agrawal at Franklin Templeton Investments, India is their ability to read macroeconomic variables, especially global events and their impact on rates.
- 15 Sep 1501:29 PMIndian investors have traditionally been risk averse and prefer to invest in bank deposits. The tendency of is more towards capital preservation. Such investors can look at debt mutual funds to get slightly better returns.05:45 AMIf you are worried about losing money due to volatility in the equity markets, should you consider capital protection funds? These are closed-end funds that invest a major portion of their portfolios in debt and a small portion in equity.
- 13 Sep 1510:04 PMBalanced funds are suitable for investors looking for benefits of the asset allocation model in a single structure, using a pre-determined ratio between equity and debt, which is generally 70/65-30/35. These funds seek to offer the benefit of both worlds,
- 11 Sep 1506:40 AMThe current volatility in the equity markets can be a cause of concern for retail investors, who have been pouring money into stocks.04:47 AMThe Amtek Auto debt paper, where CARE suspended its ratings early last month, seems to have taken a toll on JPMorgan Mutual Fund's assets under management.
|12 Oct 15||ICICI Pru Interval - Qrtly Interval - II Retail(D)||0.17|
|12 Oct 15||ICICI Pru Interval - Qrtly Interval Plan II (D)||0.17|
|12 Oct 15||Kotak Select Focus Fund (D)||1.00|
|12 Oct 15||Kotak Select Focus Fund - Direct (D)||1.00|
|12 Oct 15||Kotak Equity Savings Fund (Div-M)||0.05|
|12 Oct 15||Kotak Equity Savings Fund - Direct (Div-M)||0.06|
|13 Oct 15||ICICI Pru Interval - Qrtly Interval - II Retail(D)||0.17|
|13 Oct 15||ICICI Pru Interval - Qrtly Interval Plan II (D)||0.17|