- 01 Dec 1505:40 AMOther than interest rate movements, fixed income investments face a threat from inflation, as high inflation means lower returns. This is why investors are always advised to include instruments that can beat inflation over a longer period of time.03:50 AMWith fixed-income returns bettering those of stocks this year, balanced funds offered by mutual fund (MF) houses are gaining traction among investors.
- 30 Nov 1502:41 AMMutual fund managers' exuberance towards stocks is seen wearing off, with their cash levels inching up and net investments going down.
- 28 Nov 1505:30 AMThe Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) will soon introduce new norms governing investment by mutual funds (MFs) in rated debt instruments.
- 27 Nov 1507:21 AMFrom being a product that offered double indexation (inflation index) benefits for a term of only 14 to 15 months (short term), the product suddenly became one in which the investor had to stay invested for at least three years (medium term), to get the07:19 AMMutual fund investments in stock markets have begun to cool in the past two months.
- 24 Nov 1506:44 AMOne look at the category average returns of international funds is enough to drive investors away. In the past five years, it has returned only 0.83 per cent annually – the lowest among all mutual fund categories.
- 23 Nov 1505:50 AM"Eight-nine months ago, we started investing in debt for some clients. We're now looking at yields of 9.5-10.5 per cent on these investments," says Kartik Jhaveri, director, Transcend India, a financial planning firm.
- 20 Nov 1504:44 AMThe DSP BlackRock Micro Cap Fund has been ranked in the top 30 percentile (CRISIL Fund Rank 1 or 2) since December 2013. The scheme seeks to generate long-term capital appreciation from a portfolio that is substantially constituted of equity and
- 16 Nov 1512:24 AMDespite sustained market volatility, the mutual fund sector has added two million equity folios this financial year.
- 09 Nov 1503:29 AMThe mutual funds sector has stepped up its hiring in the past year, strengthening teams on the sales, marketing, operations and digital side.
- 05 Nov 1502:36 AMICICI Prudential MIP 25 Fund is a debt-oriented hybrid fund that primarily invests in debt instruments, with the maximum exposure to equity capped at 30 per cent of total net assets.
- 02 Nov 1505:49 AMInvestors in equity mutual funds are used to being told that these schemes are risky in nature and long-term investment is the best way to mitigate this and earn reasonable returns.
- 26 Oct 1506:56 AMEquity investing offers the benefit of tax-free returns if the holding period is greater than a year. Since you have held your investment in an equity MF for more than a year, you will enjoy tax-free returns.
- 22 Oct 1511:20 PMThe domestic exchange traded fund (ETF) market is set for a boost, with entry of pension money into equities being allowed through this route, putting renewed focus on this investment vehicle.11:13 PMMutual fund houses' net investment in stocks for September stood at Rs 9,320 crore. Fund managers used the sharp correction in the market since August to buy quality blue chip stocks such as TCS, HDFC Bank, L&T and Axis Bank.
- 06 Oct 1506:44 AMSupport from domestic institutions has been a silver lining in the latest sell-off in Indian markets. In the first half of this financial year, foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) were net sellers during four months.
- 01 Oct 1510:20 AMWhile the rupee was losing its value on fears of money leaving the country in case of an interest rate hike in the US, Indian mutual funds were trying to play the scenario by stacking up on IT sector stocks.12:38 AMEarly this week, JP Morgan Asset Management, an asset manager for individuals and institutions, lifted the cap it had imposed on redemptions from two of its debt mutual fund schemes after a sharp fall in their net asset value.
- 30 Sep 1506:28 AMThe policy changes by the central bank directly impacts your investment in debt funds. According to Akhil Mittal, a senior fund manager with Tata Mutual Fund, income and gilt funds would make the best capital gains after the rate cut.
|02 Dec 15||Escorts Income Bond - (D)||0.10|
|02 Dec 15||Escorts Income Plan - (D)||0.09|
|02 Dec 15||Escorts Short Term Debt Fund (D)||0.11|