- 30 Sep 1402:37 PMSmall asset management companies (AMCs) have witnessed significant erosion in their assets under fixed maturity plans, or FMPs following the adverse tax changes to debt mutual funds announced in the Union Budget in July.02:06 AMAkhil Mittal, senior fund manager of Tata Asset Management says that investors whose investments in fixed maturity plans (FMPs) are nearing maturity are shifting to other products, especially hybrid or balanced funds, instead of rolling over the FMP.
- 24 Sep 1406:40 PMConsolidation in the mutual fund industry could see few fund houses getting disproportionately high assets and thereby increase concentration risk, say industry experts.
- 23 Sep 1408:43 AMICICI Prudential Value Discovery Fund has been classified in the small and mid-cap equity-oriented category under the CRISIL Mutual Fund Ranking.01:49 AMAt a time when flows from foreign institutional (FII) investors have taken the markets to new highs, domestic mutual fund managers have focused on mid- and small-cap stocks.
- 10 Sep 1402:47 AMA fourth of the assets under management (AUM) of equity mutual funds (MFs) are concentrated in only 10 top stocks such as those of ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank.
- 04 Sep 1403:18 AMNewspapers, television channels and corporate houses have dissected the performance of the Modi government after 100 days and given the government a thumbs-up. The stock markets too have shown their approval by touching new highs.
- 02 Sep 1403:31 AMYou invest Rs 10,000 every month in mutual funds through a systematic investment plan (SIP).
- 28 Aug 1412:50 AMSixty years after India launched its first mutual fund and about 20 years after the launch of its first private mutual fund, women continue to be under-represented in the country’s fund management space.
- 25 Aug 1405:30 AMDebt mutual funds were a perfect substitute to the conventional fixed deposits (FDs) because they offered much better post-tax returns. But the Budget 2014-15 took away the tax advantage of debt funds.
- 21 Aug 1412:46 AMLaunched in 1992, UTI Equity Fund is one of the oldest funds in the mutual fund sector.
- 28 Jul 1411:12 AMWith the idea to remove tax arbitrage between Debt Funds and Bank FDs, Finance Minister has announced certain changes in tax laws for non-equity Mutual Funds.
- 15 Jul 1402:33 PMSkeptical about equity funds? It is actually the most beneficial and opportune way for a retail investor to get an exposure to stocks. If you are unsure as to how mutual funds are advantageous, read on.
- 14 Jul 1412:10 AMA tax benefit of Rs 1,300-3,000 a month isn't huge, but the Budget proposals on individual taxation came as a huge relief as the benefit came after many years in the form of increase in the basic exemption limit to Rs 2.5 lakh (Rs 3 lakh for senior
- 03 Jul 1405:49 AMOver two-thirds of equity mutual fund schemes have outperformed their benchmark indices in the last five-year period.
- 25 Jun 1405:05 AMMutual funds (MFs) which have concentrated on the multinational corporation (MNC) theme have done exceedingly well in the past five years, as as well as the top sector funds.
- 24 Jun 1402:48 PMIf you have ever invested in mutual funds, chances are that you would have narrowed down on one that put up some very good numbers in the recent past.
- 19 Jun 1412:44 AMLaunched in April 2008, Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund has been ranked CRISIL Fund Rank 2 in the diversified equity category under the CRISIL Mutual Fund Ranking for the quarter ended March 2014. Average assets under management (AUM) of the fund for
- 12 Jun 1404:22 AM“What do you expect me to do, will I remain a mute spectator, if they (regulators) quarrel like petulant children?" With this famous statement, former finance minister Pranab Mukherjee (now President) justified setting up Financial Stability
- 06 Jun 1411:09 PMNandhumar SurtiNandkumar Surti, chief executive officer of JPMorgan AMC, talks to Chandan Kishore Kant about the markets and the economy. Edited excerpts:Do you see more players exiting the MF business from India?There will be some more pain points.