- 18 May 1312:53 AMThe non-cigarette fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) segment of ITC has recorded its maiden profit, helping the cigarette-to-hotel major post 19.4 per cent increase in net profit in the fourth quarter of 2012-13.Price increases in cigarettes and the
- 11 May 1303:40 AMJewellers and gold traders expect a favourable Akshaya Tritiya this year (Monday), with gold prices falling in the past few days.
- 07 May 1301:26 PMRealestate image via Shutterstock New investments in Tamil Nadu's realty sector have dropped by 75 per cent to just over Rs 3,300 crore from over Rs 13,600 crore during the period ranging between 2011-12 and 2012-13, according to apex industry body
- 06 May 1310:13 AMIn its continuing undercover operation, spanning several months, Cobrapost finds dozens and dozens of major public sector banks, and many more private banks, across the country are blatantly involved in money laundering, as are major insurers.01:14 PMPolitical developments have taken centrestage yet again this week after the Railway Board bribery controversy made headlines and threatened to shorten the UPA’s (United Progressive Alliance) tenure at the Centre.
- 15 May 1312:12 PMIt seems like a late reaction by the markets, especially the interest rate sensitive stocks, to the drop in inflation to 41-month low level of 4.89% that has rekindled hopes of a rate cut by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).12:44 AMJet Airways, seeking shareholder approval for a 24 per cent stake sale to Abu Dhabi-based Etihad, has proposed to replace its Articles of Association (AoA) with a new one.
- 10 May 1311:00 AMIndia's industrial production growth rose at a pace of 2.5 per cent in March, after its moderate growth of 0.6 per cent in February 2013. The Index of Industrial production had registered a growth rate of 2.4 per cent in January 2013.The cumulative05:48 AMRakesh Jhunjhunwala hasn't had much luck in some companies in his portfolio, with a number of them tumbling in the recent mid-cap carnage. However, the ace investor has gone ahead and selectively raised stake in some of these, having trimmed in others.
- 14 May 1311:30 AMA day after Tata Steel announced an impairment or non-cash write down of $1.6 billion, the company's stock was down 0.8 per cent in early trades to Rs 303. The write-off was largely due to the company's struggling European operations, where demand has