- 21 May 1610:09 PMMarkets declined during the week after prospects of an interest rate hike by the US Federal Reserve in June dented sentiments. Persistent foreign fund outflow and a weak rupee added to the woes.05:22 AMFlattish growth in cigarette volumes, estimated at 0-2 per cent, was a key surprise in ITC’s March quarter (Q4) results, given that expectations were of a three-four per cent decline.
- 15 May 1612:03 AMThe outcome of the Assembly polls in five states will be the key factor for the markets in the week ahead, along with the next batch of fourth-quarter earnings and trends in global crude oil prices.
- 27 May 1603:40 AMOwing to improvements in health care, the number of senior citizens in India is growing. Today we have around 10.5 crore senior citizens (those above the age of 60) and more than 1 crore very senior citizens (those above 80).
- 26 May 1603:58 PMOil and Natural Gas Corp, country's biggest oil explorer, reported on Thursday a surprise 12 percent rise in fourth-quarter net profit, helped by a one-off gain.
- 19 May 1603:32 PMImage via ShutterstockMarkets suffered losses after likelihood of an interest rate hike by the US Federal Reserve in the month of June resurfaced.02:21 PMTata Power Renewable Energy on Thursday announced that it has won two solar-grid connected photovoltaic projects of 50 Mw capacity each in Karnataka.
- 18 May 1601:30 PMPunjab National Bank (PNB) reported a fourth-quarter net loss of 5367 cr rupees as the nation's fourth-biggest state-run lender by assets set aside more funds to cover a jump in bad loans.10:43 PMThe finance ministry will launch an ‘income declaration scheme’ from June 1. Those who have not declared their income correctly in earlier years will have an opportunity to do so during the four months the scheme remains open.
- 25 May 1610:48 PMA man looks at a screen across the road displaying the Sensex on the facade of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in MumbaiBuoyed by an above-normal monsoon forecast by private weather forecaster Skymet and no negative cues globally, markets gained