- 17 Dec 1410:00 AMSpiceJet Airline's odyssey may ease shortly, with the ariline's chief operating officer Sanjiv Kapoor saying it would resume flights on or after 4 p.m. Wednesday. Kapoor made the statement shortly after 1 p.m.
- 05 Dec 1403:35 AMSteel Authority of India (SAIL)’s offer for sale (OFS) comes at a time when the demand and pricing environment for steel is subdued, both in India and globally.03:50 AMForeign institutional investors (FIIs) have kept faith in the India story this calendar year (2014). Their net investment in the Indian equity market is set to exceed Rs 1 lakh crore for a third straight year.
- 09 Dec 1403:12 PMAntitrust regulator Competition Commission of India (CCI) on Monday gave conditional approval to Sun Pharmaceutical Industries to buy Ranbaxy Laboratories.03:47 PMBenchmark indices extended losses for the third straight session as investors booked profits across the board, amid a sell-off in Chinese shares, with state-owned oil exploration major ONGC leading the decline.
- 06 Dec 1402:25 AMShares of Strides Arcolab have spurted 48 per cent over the past month on upgrades by analysts on the back of niche US opportunities, integration benefits from the recent merger with Shasun Pharma and upsides from recent tie-ups.11:19 AMBenchmark indices snapped a six-week winning streak to end lower in the week to December 5 as investors turned cautious and booked profits on valuation concerns and not-so-steady global economies.02:26 AMThe best way to ride the economic growth cycle: Own banks. Even as public-sector lenders struggle with capital issues and stressed assets, private ones are ready to ride the expected pickup in investments.
- 19 Dec 1412:50 AMICICI Bank, one of the largest private lenders in the country, is calibrating its global ambitions — selling its subsidiary in Russia, repatriating capital from its UK (United Kingdom) and Canada arms, and shrinking its international balance sheet.
- 04 Dec 1412:49 AMAce investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala may have seen the beginning of a turnaround for debt-ridden SpiceJet when he bought a 1.4 per cent stake in the airline for about Rs 13.41 crore on Friday.