- 30 Oct 1406:30 PMGerman auto components major Bosch Group, which has been facing labour unrest at its factories, is the latest to seek labour reforms to make Indian market competitive for investments.12:46 AMIn the July-September quarter, information technology services company Tech Mahindra reported better than expected growth in revenue and margins.12:45 AMflydubai, based in the city-state, is the latest to enter the Mumbai-Dubai route, the busiest international one, with 15 daily flights between the two. The no-frills carrier was launched in 2009. It began India operations a year later.
- 29 Oct 1412:50 AMLeading e-commerce player Snapdeal.com announced on Tuesday it was raising $627 million from Japan's SoftBank Corp, a leader in internet technology funding, in the largest single-piece investment in Indian e-commerce.12:47 AMNew Call Telecom, a UK-based internet service provider (ISP), has acquired a controlling stake in India-based Nimbuzz that offers call and messaging services.
- 28 Oct 1412:49 AMIt has been a year since Sanjiv Mehta took over as managing director and chief executive of Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL), India's largest fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) company.
- 27 Oct 1406:14 PMOn the back of a 150% growth in sales of its performance-oriented AMG cars, Mercedes-Benz India launched the GLA 45 AMG urban sports utility vehicle priced at Rs 69.60 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).12:13 AMTechnology should be used not to serve creativity but to work with creativity to solve a client brief, otherwise it's self-serving, Carter Murray tells Devina JoshiIt is perceived that FCB's strongest work and resources are concentrated in North
- 24 Oct 1412:40 AMCargill, the US-based food and agricultural products major, is setting up a unit in Karnataka for Rs 400-500 crore, in one of its biggest investments in India.12:39 AMIt was in March, 2013 that Bobby Pawar, then chief creative officer at JWT India, resigned following an ugly controversy over a poster campaign for Ford Figo.12:30 AMAgriculture minister Radha Mohan Singh says that despite the delay in the monsoon, the area under kharif cultivation was just 2.4 per cent less than last year's because of the government's contingency plans in 500-odd districts.12:05 AMJames Montgomery, controller of digital and technology for BBC Global News, speaks to Vanita Kohli-Khandekar on how the BBC looks at the online space.
- 23 Oct 1410:09 PMAbout 16 months ago, M&M ceded its control in the auto component division, Systech, to Spanish CIE in a complex share swap deal.07:16 PMPeter Bendor-Samuel, founder & CEO of management consulting and advisory firm Everest Group is one of the few global consultants who have been watching the Indian IT outsourcing landscape quite closely.12:43 AMWipro's revenue from the information technology services business for the quarter ended September was in line with its estimate, though it lagged some of its larger Indian peers in a few operating parameters.12:29 AMRahul Khanna, till recently managing director of venture capital firm Canaan Partners, and Nilesh Kothari, former M&A head of Accenture India, have joined hands to set up a Rs 300-crore venture debt fund targeting high-growth start-up companies.12:25 AMBiocon Limited, which announced its Q2 FY15 results on Tuesday, said despite many states offering sops for attracting investments, it's open to setting up greenfield projects in Karnataka.
- 22 Oct 1402:46 AMParveen K Singhal was recently appointed joint managing director of the leading commodity derivatives bourse, Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX), in the wake of a difficult phase where its promoters had to exit and the exchange's volumes plunged.12:49 AMGearing up to participate in the re-auctioning of coal blocks, Jindal Steel & Power is confident of financial support.
- 19 Oct 1411:29 PM"Last year, I was perhaps the only bull left in the market," is Madhusudan Kela's opening sentence.