- 04 Aug 1512:40 AMThe revised draft of the Indian Financial Code (IFC) has created a big controversy on whether it seeks to curtail the Reserve Bank of India's power over monetary policymaking.12:33 AMHCL Technologies may have disappointed the markets by reporting a 2.8% drop in profits for the June quarter on a yearly basis.12:31 AMNTPC is aggressively adding capacity and is chasing 10,000 Mw through acquisition of stressed assets. NTPC Chairman and Managing Director Arup Roy Choudhury explains the company’s strategy in an interview with Sanjay Jog.
- 03 Aug 1501:37 PMIn one year since taking over as chief technology officer at Tata Sons, Gopichand Katragadda has identified four areas – energy, precision agriculture, consumer electronics and factory and fleet digitisation and may take up three more.11:03 AMPrivate life insurer PNB MetLife India Insurance recently entered the online insurance space and now has a critical illness and a term plan.03:24 AMIn case of surrender, you will not lose the entire accumulated bonuses. You will either get 100 per cent of the accumulated bonuses or a percentage of accumulated bonuses will be payable to you as a component of surrender value.12:09 AMCan you give us a sense of your product strategy, given that the market you operate in has intense competition? There sure does seem to be a lot of street-fighting going on in terms of all the couponing and discounting.
- 02 Aug 1503:25 PMWith the government pushing many of its ambitious projects such as Smart Cities, Digital India or Skill India, networking giant Cisco is warming up to play a bigger role in the country.03:33 AMProviding for district mineral foundations and high power costs are expected to hurt Hindustan Zinc's margins, says Akhilesh Joshi, its chief executive officer.02:04 AMIn a span of four months, 55-year-old Suresh Narayanan has moved from being the chairman and chief executive officer of Nestlé Phillipines to taking charge as managing director of Nestlé India.
- 31 Jul 1512:49 AMVolkswagen and Toyota are now the world’s two biggest automobile makers, pushing General Motors to third spot. In India, the latter is in 11th spot, with a market share of 1.5 per cent, despite being here for nearly 20 years.12:32 AMI never aspired to a career with the (Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing) Federation (GCMMF), leave alone being its boss someday," says the managing director of the Federation, and my old student from the first batch of Institute of Rural Management,
- 30 Jul 1512:52 PMFrench major Renault, which is eyeing 5% market share by 2016, has roped in actor Ranbir Kapoor as brand ambassador to drive growth. The company said it will also export Made-in-India cars to neighbouring countries.01:37 AMTicketing portal BookMyShow is looking to expand deeper into the markets it already serves by bringing in local listing and search.
- 29 Jul 1512:26 AMHomegrown advertising technology firm, InMobi, debuted its new ad delivery platform called Miip in Silicon Valley in mid-July.
- 28 Jul 1507:19 PMMedGenome, a firm that uses genetics to provide diagnostics and research for new drugs raised $20 million as venture capital investment from Sequoia Capital.02:45 AMJewellery firm Rajesh Exports Limited (REL) has acquired 100 per cent stake in the world’s largest bullion refinery Valcambi for $400 million. Chairman Rajesh Mehta tells Rajesh Bhayani the firm is looking to become a fully-integrated global player.
- 27 Jul 1507:30 PMTata Group invested approximately $18 billion in 37 cross-border acquisitions by 2008. It acquired an average one company per year from the mid 1990s to 2003 in its globalisation efforts taken under the leadership of Ratan Tata as the group's chairman.01:53 PMPersistent Systems' first quarter net profit was down 2.3% year-on-year and US dollar revenue dropped 1.8% sequentially. The company said the numbers are a reflection of the churn its customers are witnessing due to technology shift.12:09 AMWhen you took charge at redBus, you had to hit the ground running. How challenging was the task for you? You had to deal with miffed employees, staff churn and a general feeling of confusion.