- 29 Apr 1603:44 AMFalling realisations in the voice business, high spectrum charges and huge investment to build data capabilities have hurt the earnings of telecom operators.03:42 AMIn the January-March quarter, HCL Technologies disappointed the Street, missing both revenue and profit expectations. Anant Gupta, president and chief executive officer, tells Karan Choudhury why the company feels bullish on its future.
- 28 Apr 1604:10 PMIn addition to right technology, farmers in India require a lot of education for using the technology.12:31 AMChinese e-commerce major Alibaba, preparing for a direct India entry, had recently declared it was bigger than American chain Walmart in terms of revenues.
- 27 Apr 1604:24 PMJonathon Sinclair Neal recently took charge as CEO of AAE Travel - online travel company Expedia’s joint venture with Air Asia.
- 26 Apr 1603:12 PMHoward D Elias, President and COO, EMC Global Enterprise Services, hand-picked by Michael Dell to look into the integration from EMC side believes that the world's largest technology merger (Dell-EMC) will be successful.12:09 AMAfter three difficult years, Essar Power with a total planned generation capacity of 6,100 Mw hopes to make all its projects operational by 2019-20, in phases.
- 25 Apr 1610:49 PMRajeev Kumar AgarwalRajeev Kumar Agarwal spent over five years as a member with the then commodity regulator, Forward Markets Commission (FMC), and has since been a whole time member, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) for the past four years.02:17 PMRajeev Kumar Agarwal, who spent over five years with the then commodity regulator the Forward Markets Commission (FMC) as a member and now since more than four years he is whole time member, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi).03:04 AMAfter a spate of misses at the box office in 2015, Fox Star Studios has seen its fortunes turn around. With films such as Neerja and Kapoor and Sons hitting bulls-eye, the studio is optimistic about its future in India.12:31 AMCapital Small Finance Bank rolled out its operations as the maiden small finance bank of the country from Jalandhar in Punjab.
- 23 Apr 1612:49 AMRenewable energy firm SunEdison has filed for bankruptcy protection in the US. Pashupathy Gopalan, president, India, tells T E Narasimhan reasons for the decision to file for bankruptcy.
- 22 Apr 1604:25 PMUjjivan Financial Services is coming up with an IPO aimed at reducing share of foreign investors to meet the RBI guidelines for small finance bank.11:44 AMHomegrown carmaker Tata Motors is on a comeback move with new launches such as Zest, Bolt and Tiago as it aims to claw back the market share it has lost in India over the past few years.
- 21 Apr 1612:49 AMWhile larger rivals Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys have already stolen the thunder with their performance in FY16, Wipro on Wednesday reported in-line financial numbers.
- 18 Apr 1604:24 PMUS-based pharma major Eli Lilly to strengthen its Indian operations by entering into therapeutic areas with new launches.12:44 AMThe right place to build aluminium smelters is where bauxite, coal and capital are available, Vedanta Resources Chief Executive Officer Tom Albanese tells Kunal Bose. Ideally, there should also be an expanding local market for the metal.12:09 AMMy biggest learning has been the importance of marketing.12:04 AMI purchased an independent house. It is about 20 years old.
- 16 Apr 1606:58 AMIn an interview with Bibhu Ranjan Mishra and Alnoor Peermohamed, Infosys' Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director Vishal Sikka says despite a healthy guidance, he can't say if this would be 'industry leading'.