- 28 May 1506:21 PMEicher Motors is on a roll with its profit and stock time touching record high recently. The company is now focusing to grow the market in India and overseas. Siddhartha Lal, MD & CEO, tells Ajay Modi that small towns are driving sales.05:50 PMKeki Mistry, vice-chairman & chief executive officer of Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC) – the largest mortgage financier of the country said the government’s initiative of building smart cities will boost home loan demand and is12:40 AMSwedish technology major Ericsson has stepped up its focus on the television and media verticals in India, with two tie-ups, one with direct-to-home operator Tata Sky and the other with Sun TV.
- 27 May 1510:55 PMA banker-turned-politician Eran Wickramaratne, Sri Lanka’s deputy minister for highways and investment promotion, says trade and investment with India can grow exponentially.02:21 AMWeak profitability impacted Tech Mahindra’s March 2015 quarter results. A full integration of low-margin acquisitions, adverse cross currency and wage hikes impacted profits.
- 26 May 1501:53 PMIRB Infrastructure, which has a portfolio of 22 road projects, says the Central government’s initiatives have partially removed several roadblocks for business.
- 25 May 1512:37 AMIndustrialist M A M Ramaswamy, former chairman of Chettinad Group, has alleged adopted son M A M R Muthiah wants him dead, to be able to take over all his assets.12:25 AMConfederation of Indian Industry (CII) president Sumit Mazumder headed a business delegation in a recent visit with Prime Minister Narendra Modi to China.12:22 AMThe government has said it would tender out power transmission projects worth Rs 1 lakh crore in a year. This has cheered the private entities, for which the market was opened in 2010 through Tariff Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB).12:11 AMWe are not looking to replace the 'offline word of mouth' system but are in fact looking to improve on it and make it more robust and accessible.
- 24 May 1502:47 AMCeat managed to grow its net profit by 50 per cent last quarter on account of good demand from the replacement segment and a superior product mix. The company secured board approval for a Rs 500 crore debenture issue.02:31 AMEY's recent worldwide Fraud Survey 2015 showed that much of corporate India felt strict adherence to anti-corruption measures can harm competitiveness in the current market conditions.
- 23 May 1512:46 AMEncouraged by the strong results for the March quarter and the annual financial results for 2014-15, Britannia Industries has an aggressive plan to expand its product offerings and sales network.
- 22 May 1512:58 AMIDFC will carry out a soft-launch of its bank in June, before starting full-fledged operations in early October.12:46 AMMercedes-Benz regained the top slot in the Indian luxury car market early this year and India is now one of the top-20 markets for the German car maker.12:04 AMIndia’s online selling platform Snapdeal.com is looking at significant growth in business. A state like Madhya Pradesh, says Kunal Bahl, chief executive officer of the company, has tremendous potential as the state is proactive.
- 21 May 1504:50 PMWhile most seed funds are concentrating on e-commerce, retail and health care in India, the Seattle-based Unitus Seed Fund is exploring agricultural start-ups.12:47 AMFrench automobile major Renault is launching the highly indigenised 'Kwid', a car to be priced below Rs 4 lakh. Carlos Ghosn, chairman and chief executive of both Renault and Nissan, was in Chennai for the launch of the compact hatchback.12:44 AMBengaluru-based Puravankara Projects is restructuring after almost 40 years in the realty business, to bring more efficiency.12:30 AMAfter almost one year of operations in the country, AirAsia has chosen Delhi as its northern hub and its flights from the national capital to Bengaluru, Goa and Guwahati will be operational from Thursday.