- 03 Sep 1502:22 PMAshoka Buildcon, an integrated roads BOT player with a strong EPC business aspires to win projects worth Rs 4,000 crore during current fiscal.09:22 AMThe Renault-Nissan alliance has said negotiations are on to resolve the issue of non-payment of incentives of around Rs 2,900 crore by the Tamil Nadu government.12:41 AMKevin Rudd, former prime minister of Australia and chairman of the APEC Task Force, spoke to Business Standard on the need to include India in the global trade body.12:37 AMMedia agency GroupM's Asia-Pacific chief executive Mark Patterson travels across 16 markets in the region, but his attention is especially devoted to China and India.12:35 AMHero MotoCorp has reported a 14 per cent decline in monthly wholesale dispatches for August.12:28 AMFormer law commission chairman A P Shah, who headed the committee that recommended doing away with past cases of minimum alternate tax (MAT) on foreign institutional investors (FIIs), says if MAT is imposed on FIIs, an anomalous situation will arise where12:13 AMKedaara Capital Advisors raised $540 million as its maiden fund in November 2013. It was then the largest first-time-fund raised by any private equity (PE) firm in India.
- 02 Sep 1507:14 PMFino PayTech is among the 11 companies that won a payments bank licence. The company is already the largest banking business correspondent in the country and caters to population that does not have access to bank branches.
- 01 Sep 1512:43 AMSanjiv Puri, president of ITC's fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) business, talks to Viveat Susan Pinto about his priorities and his plans to reach Rs 100,000 crore in annual turnover.
- 31 Aug 1512:40 AMFalguni Nayar, ex-managing director of investment bank Kotak Mahindra Capital, who now runs online beauty retailer Nykaa as founder and chief executive officer, has been silently building her business.Companies should be careful about not getting people to choose between culture and results: Ashok Soota12:09 AMFor leaders, the choice should not be about deciding between how much time they spend focusing on results versus pursuing happiness.
- 30 Aug 1509:34 PMNational Advisory Committee on Accounting Standards (NACAS), a body of experts set up under the Companies Act, 1956, advises the government on formulating and laying down accounting policies and standards.08:29 PMAchyuta Samanta's pioneering work in social entrepreneurship has earned him global recognition and brought him awards galore.
- 29 Aug 1509:54 PMElectronics major Samsung, which claims to have a market share (in value terms) of 40 per cent, in the smartphone market in India, has strengthened its offering with the launch of new Galaxy S6 edge+ in India.09:24 PMAviva Life Insurance India has now adopted a five-year plan to develop its growth path in the country and learn customer engagement from peer industries.
- 28 Aug 1512:48 AMSaugata Gupta, managing director and chief executive officer, Marico, feels the slowdown in rural areas has not caught up with fast-moving consumer goods yet.12:18 AMLondon City Corporation Chairman (Policy & Resources Committee) Mark Boleat, in an interview with Sanjay Jog, says though Mumbai is a major financial centre, opening the market in India's financial hub is key to developing the city as an international
- 27 Aug 1510:40 PMLocated in the cultural and education hub of Gujarat, Vadodara's Maharaja Sayaji University (MSU) is spread across 278 acres. The university is well acknowledged for its outstanding fine arts programme.12:36 AMFive years ago, when global information technology and consulting major Accenture roped in Avinash Vashistha to head their business in India as the chairman and managing director (CMD), it was seen as a progressive move by the firm that was still trying12:33 AMUS firms are encouraged with some of the reforms undertaken by the Narendra Modi-led government but await their implementation, said Mukesh Aghi, president, US-India Business Council (USIBC).