- 27 May 1612:42 AMMelwyn Rego, managing director and chief executive officer of government-owned Bank of India, wants it to be known as a retail-focused bank, leveraging on its 5,000-strong branch network.
- 25 May 1604:35 AMWith improving growth in communications and manufacturing businesses as well as with profitability of LCC (a company acquired recently) expected to scale up, Tech Mahindra's margins are expected to improve.12:48 AMAhmedabad-based pharma major Cadila Healthcare, which covered a long journey from being a Rs 250-crore company in 1995 to the Rs 9,800-crore behemoth it is today, feels the road ahead lies in biosimilars.
- 24 May 1612:46 AMUS-based $40-billion industrial goods giant Honeywell has just launched its 16th plant, a hydrocracker unit with application in oil refining, in India.
- 23 May 1612:49 AMTitan Co, India’s largest jewellery and watch maker, is betting highly on the country’s economic recovery, as it sees people buying more watches and jewellery with sentiment improving.
- 21 May 1610:41 PMSanjiv Kapoor, Chief Strategy Officer, VistaraFlyers are spoilt for choice by sales from carriers, but these are taking a toll on revenues of airline.09:29 PMDisha Microfin, one of the recipients of a Small Finance Bank (SFB) licence, plans to start its SFB operations by December. Rajeev Yadav, chief executive officer, tells Namrata Acharya how the microfinance company is planning to change into a bank.12:46 AMApple CEO Tim Cook, who is on his first official visit to India, tells NDTV's Vikram Chandra that the company's business plans for India can't be pitted against those for China, which is a very different market and where Apple did a
- 19 May 1612:35 AMThe ban on sale of diesel cars of a certain engine capacity in the Delhi region and like measures being contemplated by the Supreme Court are a big worry for Mercedes-Benz India, the country’s largest luxury car maker.
- 18 May 1610:45 PMIn the wake of the signing of an amended taxation treaty between the governments of India and Mauritius, Hala Bou Alwan, head of risk market development at Thomson Reuters, the multinational mass media and information agency, has some additional12:40 AMVodafone, which is preparing to list on Indian exchanges, is not overtly concerned about the possible increase in competition in the coming months. The telco is ready for some bold moves, even as the sector's profitability continues to be under pressure.
- 16 May 1611:40 PMRajesh Jain, CEO, Reliance General InsurancePrivate general insurance company Reliance General Insurance, which saw a healthy growth in net profit for FY16, has taken a conscious stand to expand into non-motor businesses such as property, health and07:48 AMToyota has been one of the worst impacted among automobile companies in the country after the recent ban on sale of diesel cars with engines larger than 2,000cc in the National Capital Region (NCR).12:47 AMNestle is a global leader in many categories like packaged water, milk and ice-creams, with Rs 6,50,000 crore ($93 billion) of annual sales.12:28 AMAfter reporting losses in two consecutive quarters, Bank of Baroda's Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer P S Jayakumar expects the bank to return to profitability in the coming quarters.12:09 AMOne of the key learnings for us is that even though India is a big market and it will be among the top three markets in the world by 2020, it is a very specific market that has got very specific needs.
- 15 May 1612:46 AMEnvironmental activist and water expert Himanshu Thakkar tells Aditi Phadnis that India needs a comprehensive water-use policy immediately.
- 14 May 1610:39 PMRam Vilas Paswan is one of the most experienced ministers in the Narendra Modi government.
- 13 May 1605:30 PMFormer Union law secretary T K Viswanathan was the key architect of the just-enacted Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, as chairman of the Bankruptcy Law Reforms Committee which produced the report in this regard. An interaction on it with Sudipto Dey.05:24 PMWith the growing market for wearable fitness device maker Fitbit is eying India market as a bigger pie of its business. India is among the top five markets for the company.