- 24 Oct 1412:40 AMCargill, the US-based food and agricultural products major, is setting up a unit in Karnataka for Rs 400-500 crore, in one of its biggest investments in India.12:39 AMIt was in March, 2013 that Bobby Pawar, then chief creative officer at JWT India, resigned following an ugly controversy over a poster campaign for Ford Figo.12:30 AMAgriculture minister Radha Mohan Singh says that despite the delay in the monsoon, the area under kharif cultivation was just 2.4 per cent less than last year's because of the government's contingency plans in 500-odd districts.12:05 AMJames Montgomery, controller of digital and technology for BBC Global News, speaks to Vanita Kohli-Khandekar on how the BBC looks at the online space.
- 23 Oct 1410:09 PMAbout 16 months ago, M&M ceded its control in the auto component division, Systech, to Spanish CIE in a complex share swap deal.07:16 PMPeter Bendor-Samuel, founder & CEO of management consulting and advisory firm Everest Group is one of the few global consultants who have been watching the Indian IT outsourcing landscape quite closely.12:43 AMWipro's revenue from the information technology services business for the quarter ended September was in line with its estimate, though it lagged some of its larger Indian peers in a few operating parameters.12:29 AMRahul Khanna, till recently managing director of venture capital firm Canaan Partners, and Nilesh Kothari, former M&A head of Accenture India, have joined hands to set up a Rs 300-crore venture debt fund targeting high-growth start-up companies.12:25 AMBiocon Limited, which announced its Q2 FY15 results on Tuesday, said despite many states offering sops for attracting investments, it's open to setting up greenfield projects in Karnataka.
- 22 Oct 1402:46 AMParveen K Singhal was recently appointed joint managing director of the leading commodity derivatives bourse, Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX), in the wake of a difficult phase where its promoters had to exit and the exchange's volumes plunged.12:49 AMGearing up to participate in the re-auctioning of coal blocks, Jindal Steel & Power is confident of financial support.
- 19 Oct 1411:29 PM"Last year, I was perhaps the only bull left in the market," is Madhusudan Kela's opening sentence.
- 18 Oct 1412:58 AMOn Friday, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) saw its stock fall 8.7 per cent, wiping off Rs 47,000 crore of investor wealth, as the company missed expectations on the revenue growth front.12:49 AMUsed to HCL Technologies regularly reporting stellar growth numbers, the Street was disappointed after its revenue and profit numbers for the quarter were below expectations and lagged peers.
- 17 Oct 1412:47 AMFollowing global businesses embarking on a digitisation path, internet and technology giant Google says this is now being seen in India, too.12:46 AMIt is advantage Airbus, which has got yet another mega order in India, for 250 planes.
- 16 Oct 1402:48 AMH N Sinor, chief executive of the Association of Mutual Funds of India (Amfi), doesn't rule out more mutual fund players shutting shop.12:48 AMIndiGo has a habit of breaking records, be it in making profits, flying passengers or ordering planes. On Wednesday, the Gurgaon-based airline signed a memorandum of understanding with Airbus for 250 A32neos.12:39 AMIn the past three weeks, early-stage venture capital firm Matrix Partners has invested in three start-ups. In an interview, Avnish Bajaj, managing partner, Matrix Partners explains to Ranju Sarkar why his firm is bullish on e-commerce.
- 14 Oct 1405:06 PMThe Himalaya Drug Company, the Bangalore-based herbal health and personal care company, has embarked on a consolidation-cum-expansion drive in an effort to transform itself into a FMCG player rather than just a pharma and herbal healthcare products maker.