- 21 May 1312:48 AMIDFC Ltd, which revamped itself by forming a whole new management team eight years ago, is changing course with the infrastructure sector now facing several headwinds.12:29 AMPower2SME is a buying club that pools demand for raw materials from hundreds of SMEs. Its founder and CEO R Narayan tells Rajiv Shirali how he aims to help Indian SMEs by allowing them to access a large pool of quality suppliers.
- 18 May 1312:40 AMMost infrastructure projects Reliance Infrastructure had kicked off in 2006-07 have started operations. Chief Executive Officer Lalit Jalan says the infrastructure business is in a hyper-growth phase.
- 17 May 1312:49 AMReliance Capital has posted a decline in the net profit for the quarter ended March due to a onetime gain that has accrued in the fourth quarter of 2011-12 by of selling stake in the life insurance company.
- 16 May 13We've been patient & tried to understand India's needs - it's a challenge and an opportunity: Juvencio Maeztu12:49 AMPatience has kept IKEA, the euro 27-billion Swedish retailer, going despite entry hurdles. So says Juvencio Maeztu, its chief executive officer for India.
- 15 May 1302:13 PMIt has been more than 20 months since Ford launched a new model in India with the last model launch being Fiesta in 2011. There was a 17% decline in Ford India sales last year at little more than 77,000 units.
- 13 May 1303:26 PMR Chandrasekaran, Cognizant Nasdaq-listed Cognizant has reported a 18.1% growth in revenue during the first quarter at $2.02 billion as compared to $1.71 billion during the same quarter of 2012, beating Street's estimates.12:07 AMThe first Vijay Sales was opened by my father, Nanu Gupta, at Mahim in Mumbai in 1967. It was just a 200 sq ft shop, and he sold only television sets. Black-and-white television sets were the craze then.
- 11 May 13Real estate regulator Bill will see light of the day soon; it is in the interest of all stakeholders: R V Verma08:57 PMThe Central Registry of Securitisation Asset Reconstruction & Security Interest of India (CERSAI) portal would be open to the public by mid-June, says R V Verma, chairman and managing director of National Housing Bank (NHB), a shareholding bank in12:33 AMAjay Piramal, chairman of Piramal Enterprises, who sold his company's local drug business to Abbott for Rs 17,500 crore in 2010, has since invested in telecom and non-banking financial companies.
- 10 May 13Our products sold through SBI are simple & scope of mis-selling is limited: Bhaskar J Sarma & Steve Hollow12:48 AMPrivate sector general insurer SBI General Insurance was able to control losses in its third year of operations, and has 208 per cent premium growth for FY13. In the first media interaction after taking over the top positions, Bhaskar J Sarma, MD &
- 09 May 1312:47 AMAfter dabbling with various sectors in the Rs 14,000-crore RP-Sanjiv Goenka group for about a year, Shashwat Goenka, 23, son of group chairman Sanjiv Goenka, has taken charge of Spencer's, the retail chain, from April 1. In an interview with Namrata
- 08 May 1311:18 AMPrivate sector general insurer SBI General Insurance was able to control losses in its third year of operations, and has 208% premium growth for the financial year 2012-13. In the first media interaction after taking over the top positions, Bhaskar J
- 07 May 1304:26 PMAlan Blake, JCB Group UK-based construction equipment giant, the $4.1 billion JCB Group, has been battling a huge demand slowdown globally, including in India -- its largest market.12:49 AMPamela Patsley, CEO, Moneygram Pamela Patsley, chairman and chief executive officer of Moneygram, the second largest payments firm in the world, is bullish about India, already the world’s top recipient of remittances, according to World Bank12:47 AMPolaris Financial Technology Ltd , the Chennai-based information technology major which provides products, solutions and services for the financial services sector, has appointed five CEOs, one for for each distinct line of business.
- 06 May 1311:49 AMCentral Registry of Securitisation Asset Reconstruction & Security Interest of India (CERSAI) portal will be open to public view by mid-June, said R V Verma, chairman and managing director of National Housing Bank, a shareholding bank in CERSAI.12:27 AMTwo weeks ago, Etihad Airways signed a deal to buy a stake in Jet Airways for Rs 2,060 crore.12:14 AMFor India to achieve a higher rate of growth, it is important to develop infrastructure, says Hiroshi Watanabe, president and chief executive of the Japan Bank for International Cooperation, an agency of the Japanese government, in an interview with12:08 AMYou cannot build leaders or do succession planning.