- 27 Apr 1501:19 PMFrom being an infrastructure financier to becoming a developer, Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) has seen its presence expanding across transportation and energy sectors through 11 group firms and a host of special purpose vehicles.12:13 AMOne common trap for large organisations is that they seldom drop their tools when they scale up.
- 26 Apr 1512:28 AMFarmers in India are struggling to cope with the severe blow they have suffered because of the unseasonal rains. This is not the first time crops have been devastated because of erratic weather conditions.
- 25 Apr 1510:48 PMAs critics find fault in the new gross domestic product (GDP) data, National Statistical Commission (NSC) Chairman Pronab Sen, heading a committee to review the methodology of the new series, tells Indivjal Dhasmana much of the criticism is due to the09:42 PMCongress Member of Parliament and party spokesperson Sushmita Dev tells Kavita Chowdhury that party Vice-President Rahul Gandhi's "new kind of politics" has revitalised the party, lifting it from the gloom of the 2014 general elections.12:48 AMInfosys's Q4 and FY15 numbers disappointed the Street on many counts.12:46 AMUS-based private equity major Advent International, which owns $33 billion in assets under management, has been investing in India since 2007 and opened Mumbai office in 2009. After its first investment in Computer Age Management Services, a business
- 24 Apr 1512:42 AMZomato.Com, the Gurgaon-based online restaurant search and discovery service, closed its ninth acquisition (of NexTable) on Wednesday.12:39 AMSix months into his job as the chief operating officer, Arvind Singhal, 38, was elevated to chief executive of aggregator TaxiForSure when the company was bought by competitor Ola for $200 million in March.
- 23 Apr 1512:48 AMSnapdeal has many requirements in place for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) of equity but hasn't decided on whether and when.12:45 AMPersistent Systems, in the software product and technology services segments, beat Street estimates with net profits for the March quarter up 11.9 per cent over a year before to Rs 76 crore.12:28 AMUnlike the swank offices of many private equity (PE) and venture capital (VC) firms, Ventureast's office is a quaint house in Chennai, complete with a sun deck in the garden. Its previous occupant was film director Mani Ratnam.
- 22 Apr 1512:49 AMAnant Gupta, president and chief executive officer, HCL Technologies, is optimistic about growth opportunities. He spoke to Shivani Shinde Nadhe over telephone on investments in future growth areas and business outlook.12:47 AMWipro, the Bengaluru-based information technology services company, reported not-so-impressive growth in the fourth quarter of FY15. T K Kurien, chief executive officer, talks to Bibhu Ranjan Mishra on the areas dragging down the growth and the way12:44 AMAfter the Maharashtra government has scrapped the Mumbai redevelopment plan, Nicolas Jachiet, chairman and chief executive officer, Egis, a French engineering company, and Ashish Tandon, managing director, Egis India, defend the role of their company in12:39 AMPrivate sector lender DCB Bank has seen a 61 per cent rise in net profit for the March quarter, on higher net interest income. Murali Natarajan, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, talks to M Saraswathy about the performance and way forward.
- 21 Apr 1512:49 AMDespite a significant fall in Indian operations’ Ebitda (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortisation), T V Narendran, managing director, India and South East Asia, Tata Steel, remains hopeful.
- 20 Apr 1512:39 AMSumit Mazumder, new head of the Confederation of Indian Industry, talks to Deepak Patel & Indivjal Dhasmana on some current policy issues.12:27 AMJohn Lewis is the global president of Nielsen, responsible for the consumer goods vertical, one of the largest for the market research company.12:13 AMToo many mergers done on an opportunistic basis are failures in the long run as there should be a strong strategic rationale for the deal, Robert F Bruner tells Sonali ChowdhuryIt is said avoiding risk during a merger can conflict with realising the full