- 20 Dec 1412:48 AMWith the aim of becoming the “Google of food&", Zomato made five acquisitions in 2014 — one each in New Zealand, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Italy.
- 19 Dec 1409:35 AMManappuram Finance, which has a market share of around 12% in the gold loan business, is looking to foray into small banks. It is likely to hire PwC to weigh the pros and cons of conversion.12:47 AMAnand Kripalu, appointed by London-based Diageo to take charge of Bengaluru-based United Spirits (USL) as managing director and chief executive officer a year before, talks to Raghuvir Badrinath on how it's been and the road map he's preparing for the
- 16 Dec 1406:12 PMHousing.com, a leading online real estate marketplace, has received $90 million in funding from Japan's Softbank. With this, housing.com has raised $121 million so far in 5 rounds since its launch in 2012. Advitiya Sharma, co-founder of Housing.12:49 AMWhen Rohan Murty joined Infosys Technologies in June last year, with father N R Narayana Murthy's return as executive chief, the move triggered a lot of speculation, including whether it was to groom him as the next chief executive officer.
- 15 Dec 1412:49 AMAjay S Shriram, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) president, downplays reports of India Inc disillusionment with the Narendra Modi government.12:46 AMBritish and global investors feel retrospective taxation is not the only issue in India.12:31 AMAfter studying India for about three years, California-based premium burger chain, Carl's Jr - a brand endorsed by celebrities like Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and Padma Lakshmi, will open shop here in April 2015. Ned Lyerly, president (international),12:12 AMA rebranding exercise is never easy. Godrej started on its innovation trajectory a few years ago, but is still seen as a 'traditional', 'Indian' brand.
- 13 Dec 1410:48 PMHis net worth is estimated to be around $1.5 billion. He is a venture capitalist, but his areas of interest are far from those of his peers.If you take the advertising out of the illegal sites, 95 per cent of them would disappear: Mike Weatherley10:46 PMIn October this year Google started deranking pirate sites. In November UK prime minister David Cameron endorsed a report that says that Intellectual Property (IP) education should become a part of the curriculum in British schools.10:43 PMYouTube, a Google product, launched its offline video product in India, Indonesia and Philippines simultaneously to take advantage of the growing cellular phone penetration in these countries and unstable data quality of the cell phone networks.06:15 PMOn Thursday India and Russia signed two pacts, which are to set up two more nuclear reactors at the village of Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu, where Nuclear Power Corporation is setting up country's largest nuclear power plant.02:25 PMPatricia Hewitt, Chair, UK India Business Council (UKIBC) and former UK minister, says that the Modi government needs to address the retrospective taxation issue to instill confidence in British and global investors.
- 11 Dec 1408:34 PMAcumen, a global venture fund that works with entrepreneurs to solve the problems of the poor, has been investing in India since 2002. Its initiatives have touched 23 million lives, providing them with "dignity not dependence".11:43 AMAfter studying the market for about three years, California-based premium burger chain, Carl’s Jr -- a brand that has been endorsed by the likes of Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and Padma Lakshmi, is set to open its first shop in India next April.12:48 AMVikram Akula, founder and former chairperson of SKS Microfinance, has decided to buy 26 per cent stake in financial inclusion start-up Vaya Finserv, where he has also assumed the role of chairman.
- 10 Dec 1412:37 AMThe recently launched Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana aims to bring the financially excluded into the ambit of the formal financial system. But this is only the first step in ensuring inclusion.
- 09 Dec 1406:41 PMBritish and global investors still feel that retrospective taxation is not the only issue in India but difficulty of importing including food labelling issue, corruption, labour laws and policy and regulatory uncertainties will have to be addressed12:49 AMThe board of SpiceJet airlines will meet today to take stock of the current crisis the airline faces.