- 23 May 1308:28 AMThe NSE Nifty may see further downward pressure on Thursday as key momentum oscillators like the MACD and Stochastic Slow have given a negative divergence on the daily charts.12:47 AMIndia's mutual fund industry, which is largely dominated by local fund houses, has seen foreign fund houses under pressure.
- 22 May 1302:15 PMBSE-capital goods index has fallen significantly after Larsen and Toubro, country’s biggest construction major posted below-expected fourth quarter earnings.12:34 PMRajen Shah, chief investment officer (CIO) at Angel Broking is bullish on select mid-caps and defensive stocks. He expects global inflows to remain supportive, going ahead. Shah speaks to Aastha Agnihotri on his outlook on Indian markets.12:31 PMSmartinvestor : Markets seems to enter consolidation phase after sharp gains last week. However, the Nifty has managed to stay above the 6,100 levels in intra-day trades.10:04 AMRishi Nathany, CEO, Dalmia Securities spoke to Jinsy Mathew on his views on current market trend and the sectors that are likely to do well going ahead.08:09 AMNear term index has strong support around 6080, traders watch this level closely as trade below level would open doors for 6040 for the day.08:05 AMThe NSE Nifty may witness downward pressure on sustained trade below 6,100. The index could then slide to 6,030-odd levels. On the upside, the index is likely to face some resistance around 6,150-odd levels.
- 21 May 1310:32 AMCheck out the trading strategies for key frontline and mid-cap stocks with Kunal Bothra, technical analyst, LKP SecuritiesSmartinvestor : How long do you expect this lacklustre movement to continue? What are the key triggers that can break this trading08:10 AMPost sharp rally, a small correction is visible on charts as majority of indicators are trading in over bought zone, therefore best trading stratgy would be sell on rise with a stoploss of 6230. Traders kindly note, just expected a small technical08:00 AMThe NSE Nifty corrected a wee bit after facing resistance around 6,220-odd levels, which is the higher end of the Bollinger Ban on the daily charts.
- 20 May 1308:38 AMThe NSE Nifty is likely to trade with a positive bias as long as the index sustains above 6,150-6,130 level. On the upside, the index can face some resistance around 6,220-odd levels.08:32 AMSonam Udasi, head of research at IDBI Capital tells Aastha Agnihotri that he does not expect the central bank to cut interest rates in the upcoming June policy and would remain cautious on rate-sensitive sectors for the time-being.08:29 AMFor the fifth consecutive week the market has closed in positive territory. Other indices like the BSE Mid-cap Index, BSE Small-cap Index etc have also continued their positive momentum further and closed in the positive territory.
- 19 May 1301:13 AMThe April trade deficit statistics caused some panic. Crude imports of course, continue to be by far the largest import item. The second largest remains precious metals. Crude imports were up 4 per cent compared to April 2012, rising to $14.1 billion.
- 17 May 1308:30 AMK Subramanayam, AVP - Institutional Research at Asit C Mehta Securities spoke to Surabhi Roy on his views on Indian markets in the near-term and outlook going ahead.08:28 AMThe NSE Nifty needs to sustain above 6,160 for continued up move on Friday. On the upside, the index can look to test the higher end of the Bollinger Band around 6,215-odd levels on the daily charts.08:22 AMRange bound on charts (302-280) close above/below would add trigger in the direction.12:30 AMSupport at 6,125. Resistance above 6,190. The uptrend seems intact.
- 16 May 1308:29 AMRichard Gibbs, Global Head of Economics, Macquarie Research tells Puneet Wadhwa in an interview that foreign investors are firmly focussed on the major economies where central banks are aggressively pursuing growth-orientated policies.