- 29 Mar 1702:47 AMTo identify today’s top venture investors, CB Insights, a research firm that follows the venture capital industry, produced a data-driven list.
- 28 Mar 1701:50 PMSoon after the $21-billion merger between Idea Cellular and Vodafone was announced, shares of Aditya Birla group’s Idea Cellular collapsed nine per cent, leading to a destruction of shareholders' value.10:45 AMThe successful initial public offering (IPO) of D-Mart has managed to inspire one of the biggest marketplaces in the country, which is in dire need of a morale boost.07:35 AMPassive funds that track benchmarks indices are not popular in India.06:42 AMThe thermal power segment feels the current rate structure for coal-based units does not encourage the adopting of better efficiency.
- 27 Mar 1711:39 PMReliance IndustriesReliance Industries (RIL) lost nearly 2.7%, or Rs 35, on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) by late noon deals after the market regulator the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) on Friday directed the company to disgorge Rs03:32 AMA man walks past a Reliance Industries Limited sign board installed on a road divider in Gandhinagar.
- 25 Mar 1707:45 AMA supportive secondary market and encouraging performance after the stock listed had kept investor sentiment buoyant towards the primary market.07:40 AMOn the back of consistent profit and solid operational performance, SpiceJet has overtaken Jet Airways to become the second most valuable airline stock.01:16 AMFour public sector undertakings — Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) and Coal India — are paying an out-of-turn second interim dividend to help the government shore up
- 24 Mar 1702:51 PMFour public sector undertakings—Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum (BPCL), Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) and Coal India — are paying an out-of-turn second interim dividend to help the government shore up its revenues.11:00 AMThe logo of India's largest online marketplace Flipkart is seen on a building in Bengaluru.07:05 AMWeakening growth in loans or credit, continued stress on asset quality and cuts in lending rates have impacted profitability at banks, both in the private and public sector.05:46 AMIt appears that the investment case for mid-sized banks and non-banking finance companies (NBFCs) is gaining more momentum.04:05 AMThe share price of textile companies jumped by up to 10 per cent on Thursday, on the expectation of a sharp recovery in textile and apparel export in the coming months, due to less shipment from China.03:03 AMPressures such as a virtual freeze on corporate capital expenditure, slowing retail loan growth, particularly because of demonetisation, and banks’ inability to lend because of their burgeoning bad loans have led to a continuous weakening of02:25 AMHindustan Zinc's (HZL's) announcement of a dividend of Rs 27.50 a share was cheered by the Street, with its stock price up 2.7 per cent to close at Rs 320.20 on Thursday.02:15 AMCreditors of India’s largest paper maker, Ballarpur Industries, could face costly unintended consequences from punitive US duties on some of the company’s Asian competitors.12:06 AMThe rally in equities and gradual improvement in stressed sectors of the economy such as power and infrastructure have led to a sharp decline in shares pledged by promoters of companies.12:02 AMTen years is a long time in investing, especially in equities. But disciplined investing does have its own merits.