- 06 Dec 1602:17 PMHouse Republican leaders signaled on Monday that they would not support President-elect Donald J.12:11 PMTamil Nadu's late Chief Minister and AIADMK' Supremo J Jayalalithaa is no novice when it comes to building her image.10:12 AMPhoto: Kamlesh Pednekar The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) imposed a temporary cash reserve ratio (CRR) over the weekend, on the incremental rise in bank deposits following the government’s demonetisation move.07:38 AMLess than a year after a commodities slump brought the mining industry to its knees, major producers of metals and minerals are so flush with cash that they’re starting to share more with investors.07:20 AMHyderabad-based Laurus Labs is an unusual case in the pharma space with leadership position in a commodity-like business and good potential to scale up the ladder. However, the IPO valuation is on the higher side, which makes the offer unattractive.06:46 AMPost-demonetisation, technology has become key to financial transactions. And e-wallets are becoming a major vehicle to the new cashless way of life.
- 05 Dec 1612:47 PMOpting for making an online will can bring your costs down. But, it’s only suitable for those with simple and limited assets.09:26 AMThe tax department has the right to conduct searches if it has information or reason to believe that a person is in possession of undisclosed money, bullion, jewellery, etc.08:42 AMPhoto: ShutterstockPopular messaging app WhatsApp will stop working on millions of smartphones by the end of 2016 unless they are upgraded, media reports said.08:38 AMMukesh Ambani of Reliance Industries announced to a gathering of employees and business partners yesterday (December 1) that in the first three months of operation, Jio has gained more than 52 million subscribers.08:31 AMPrime Minister Narendra Modi addressing BJP's Parivartan Rally in Kushinagar in Uttar Pradesh.05:38 AMIn the first quarter of 1992-93, when Ratan Tata was still new to his role of Tata Steel chairman, the company had posted a meagre profit. If it continued, the year would end with a loss of 180 crore.04:19 AMNow customers can withdraw money from OLA Cabs. Chennai-based Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) in association with OLA Cabs has launched mobile ATM service in Chennai on Saturday.01:39 AMEmpathy has never been in more explicit demand from corporate leaders — particularly after a divisive US presidential election and amid continued economic uncertainty around the globe.
- 04 Dec 1605:34 AMFor mobile wallet company Paytm, it was a sheer stroke of luck that demonetisation came at a time when it was almost ready to launch its payments bank.05:04 AMIt did not surprise when Modi government's demonetisation move, aimed to curb the use of black money, hit the real estate industry hard. The industry has for long been used to park such undeclared cash.
- 03 Dec 1601:01 PMGold bracelets are on display as a woman (L) makes choices at a jewellery showroom on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya, a major gold buying festival, in KolkataIndia's jewellery market, estimated at $45 billion (or Rs 3 lakh crore), which is 85 per01:45 AMIndia Inc floated around 9,664 proposals for shareholder approval between January and September 2016. About 90 per cent of these were tabled during annual general meetings, while the remaining 10 per cent were tabled at extraordinary general meetings,
- 02 Dec 1611:05 PMPrices of global crude oil rising suddenly over the past two days have prompted the domestic oil industry to go into a wait-and-watch mode.01:39 PMThe incidence of fake Indian currency notes in higher denomination has increased.