- 20 Feb 1702:44 PMHavells India Limited, a leading electrical appliances and components company, on Sunday announced that its board has approved the acquisition of Lloyd Consumer Durable Business Division (Lloyd Consumer).05:42 AMThe balance-sheet of major telecom operators in India -- Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular and Reliance Communications -- came under major pressure in the third quarter (October-December) of the current fiscal and the trend is likely to continue in the fourth04:32 AMWith growing retail participation, low interest rates, digitisation and introduction of new products, the mutual fund (MF) industry is expecting to double its assets under management (AUM) to Rs 35 lakh crore over the next five years, industry players01:35 AMN Chandrasekaran, new chairman of Tata Sons, walks into the corner room in Bombay House on Tuesday. Amid uncertainties at almost all group companies due to global challenges, litigation and legacy issues.
- 19 Feb 1706:17 AMConversion into small finance banks (SFB) would actually prove detrimental for listed non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and microfinance institutions (MFIs) in terms of their net interest income (NII) in the initial years.06:07 AMIt has been more than three years since the ministry of corporate affairs (MCA) had issued the draft rules on valuation of businesses, under the Companies Act, 2013. These are yet to be finalised.03:20 AMAutomation and the new US administration were the big unknowns at the Indian tech sector's annual shindig this week, with machines threatening to take away thousands of jobs and concerns over possible visa rule changes in the key American market.
- 17 Feb 1709:04 AMDenny Jose, a small-town caterer in Kerala, was closely watching the RBI meeting last week.05:55 AMMid-cap and small-cap stocks have rallied significantly in the past three years, even outperforming the benchmark Sensex.04:59 AMIt’s been 100 days since demonetisation and the stock markets have emerged largely unscathed.
- 16 Feb 1711:19 PMShares of all three listed associate banks of State Bank India (SBI) gained up to five per cent each in intra-day deals on Thursday, a day after the Cabinet approved the merger of five associate banks — State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank
- 15 Feb 1711:40 PMYou get a strategic investor in the guise of a financial one. And an investment portfolio that seems eclectic at best.05:30 AMThe share price of India's largest container logistics company, Container Corporation of India (Concor) fell 2.1 per cent on weak December quarter results.05:05 AMDespite stellar listing gains, December quarter (Q3) results of BSE failed to generate excitement.01:26 AMNavi Mumbai airport siteBidders for the Navi Mumbai airport might have been prompted to quote low revenue shares due to high risks and absence of opportunity for commercial development in the project.12:46 AMChris Urmson, previous leader of the project, departed in August and is working on a start-up.
- 14 Feb 1701:13 PMThe Union Budget sops for affordable housing, expected increase in demand and the Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Act (RERA) has led to a surge in real estate stocks.
- 13 Feb 1702:15 PMCab drivers in the National Capital Region, following in the footsteps of their counterparts in Bengaluru and Hyderabad, stayed off roads on Monday in protest against high commissions charged by the aggregators and being compelled to ply at Rs 6 per km.09:42 AMSeverance pay has come under the spotlight due to a debate over India’s second largest software exporter, Infosys, paying Rs 17.38 crore to former chief financial officer Rajiv Bansal when he parted ways.05:58 AMDomestic mutual funds (MFs) are keeping a close eye on the developments at Infosys, their third-most owned stock with a sizeable exposure.