- 22 Jul 1611:59 AMWhen the founder of world’s largest torrent distribution site — Kickass Torrents — was arrested, little did he know that Facebook and Apple had a role to play in it.05:42 AMInvesco India Credit Opportunities Fund, classified under ultra-short-term debt fund category of CRISIL Mutual Fund Ranking (CMFR), has been a consistent top performer.05:02 AMThe Siddhivinayak temple has announced it will accept shares as donation, following the example of the Tirupati temple. However, remember that from a tax perspective, it would be a good idea to donate money rather than stocks.02:40 AMThe rally in midcap stocks continues unabated. Over the last three years, the Nifty Midcap 100 is up a stunning 92%, more than twice the Nifty’s 41% rise.12:19 AMPrivate sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank reported 291 per cent year-on-year rise in its June quarter standalone net profit at Rs 741.97 crore, compared with Rs 189.78 crore in the same period a year ago.
- 21 Jul 1611:08 AML&T Infotech has listed at Rs 667, 6% below its issue price of Rs 710 per share on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).04:19 AMSubdued volume, smaller presence in the fast-growing scooter segment, and rural slowdown woes have marked the recent performance of the country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp.03:47 AMThe rally seen in global equities could be running out of steam, if Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BofA-ML) July survey is anything to go by.12:38 AMWith cost of funds for microfinance institutions coming down significantly due to successive rate cuts by the RBI, interest rates on small loans have come down by more than 100 basis points in the last one year.
- 20 Jul 1612:47 AMThe outlier in Hindustan Unilever’s June quarter results was home care. The category carved out of the new accounting norms implemented by HUL include detergents, fabric care and surface cleaners such as Vim.12:30 AMMorgan StanelyThough world markets have Brexit vote outcome in their stride, leading global research houses remain worried about economic growth going ahead, with analysts at Morgan Stanley, too, revising down their forecast for FY17. In their recent12:13 AMThe government’s decision to recapitalise public sector banks is on expected lines but not enough to prod banks to grow their book and cover the capital erosion caused by ballooning bad debts.
- 19 Jul 1611:49 PMThere is a lot of traction in the highway sector in terms of private sector investment and also enthusiasm from both the government and the NHAI. This can also be gauged from the consumption of material and sales of connected equipment.09:22 PMExxon Mobil's sojourn to New Guinea is stirring the oil M&A waters. The US petroleum giant's $2.3-billion unsolicited offer for Papua-focused gas explorer InterOil topped an earlier bid from rival energy group Oil Search.09:21 PMSoftBank's new ARM may tie one of Sprint's behind its back. The Japanese tech and telecom titan is spending $32 billion on the UK chipmaker because it's feeling good about its US wireless carrier.03:46 AMAnalysts’ reaction to the June quarter (Q1) earnings announcement of Reliance Industries (RIL), one of the country’s largest companies, is a mixed bag. The results were in line with Street expectations.02:48 AMAdvanced Enzyme Technologies, one of the largest enzyme makers in the world, is raising Rs 400 crore via an initial public offering (IPO), which is largely an offer for sale by promoters and other investors.12:45 AMAided by a one-time write-back of employee provision benefits, the country's largest consumer goods company Hindustan Unilever (HUL) reported 10 per cent growth in net profit at Rs 1,173.9 crore for the quarter ended June 2016 versus Rs 1,069.2 crore a12:40 AMSales of the Nano, the mini hatchback from Tata Motors, slipped 71 per cent in June to a mere 481 units.
- 18 Jul 1609:22 PMSoftBank's 24.3 billion pound ($32.2 billion) offer for UK chip designer ARM Holdings is a monster bet on the "internet of things". It would make financial sense only if the Japanese conglomerate more than quintupled ARM's operating profit.