- 23 Jan 1702:30 AMDescibing the official data on the index of industrial production (IIP) for November 2016, during which demonetisation was announced, as a "false positive", Crisil Research has said that the latest IIP figures do not reflect the true condition
- 22 Jan 1711:50 PMTelecom regulator Trai is likely to recommend to the Department of Telecom (DoT) that Aadhaar-based eKYC be allowed even for outstation customers who want to get a mobile connection in a particular service area.
- 20 Jan 1703:25 PMReserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel.
- 19 Jan 1711:10 AMUnlike its first variant, the second edition of the government's hidden income disclosure scheme, the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY), will not allow declarants to use claims made for refunds for advance taxes paid, tax deducted at source and09:18 AMFinance Minister Arun Jaitley.08:54 AMFor the first time after the decision announced on November 8 to demonetise high value notes, currency in circulation has showed net rise in a week.03:05 AMThe Cabinet on Wednesday amended the Modified Special Incentive Package Scheme (M-SIPS) to boost electronic manufacturing.02:59 AMForeign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday said India, and other emerging economies, should step up to take a leadership role in global geopolitics at a time when the western World was becoming more inward looking and turning away from its international
- 18 Jan 1701:36 PMThe Union Budget this year seems particularly important in the aftermath of the India’s biggest decision of 2016 – demonetisation and preceding elections in UP.12:46 PMThe civil aviation ministry has sought a reduction in excise duty on aviation turbine fuel (ATF), or jet fuel, to eight per cent from 14 per cent, by rolling back an increase made last year.12:02 PMFinance Minister Arun Jaitley may significantly increase public investment in infrastructure in the Budget 2017, offering fiscal stimulus to boost economic growth at a time when private investment shows no signs of a pick-up.09:13 AMThe Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is working with banks and the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to ensure that merchants who use its mobile-based Aadhaar application for digital transactions earn commission up to one per cent of the08:48 AMReserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Urjit Patel (pictured) will face questions on demonetisation and its aftermath when he appears before the Parliament’s standing committee on finance on Wednesday.
- 17 Jan 1709:23 AMWhether a state or the Centre will assess an entity would be decided by a computer programme. The Council also resolved a logjam over the right to tax economic activities within 12 nautical miles from India’s coasts.04:16 AMThe upcoming budget may bring a ray of hope for individual and corporate taxpayers, as the government is looking to to lift sentiment in the wake of demonetisation.
- 16 Jan 1703:25 PMThe ministry has already suggested the finance ministry to consider raising tax holiday for start-ups to 7 years from the current 3 years to encourage budding entrepreneurs.03:21 PMInverted tax structure in pharma, chemicals and petrochemicals industry needs to be rectified in the upcoming Budget, Chemicals and Fertiliser Minister Ananth Kumar said.11:30 AMA fortnight ahead of the start of the Budget session of Parliament, the goods and services tax (GST) Council will on Monday try to find the resolution to issue of administrative turf between the Centre and states, as well as definition of09:40 AMEY spoke to 200 chief financial officers (CFOs), and other top financial professionals, and found that industry was not expecting radical tax changes in the upcoming Budget.09:34 AMHigh-value purchases on instalments by using cards has halved across India since November, when the government undertook the demonetisation exercise.