- 19 Feb 1710:36 AMArun JaitleyThe Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council, at its 10th meeting on Saturday, ratified the draft law for compensation to states.
- 18 Feb 1701:45 AMAditya Puri, Managing Director and Chief Executive of the second largest private lender HDFC Bank, on Friday backed the idea of setting up a national bad bank, saying anything that can help resolve the perennial bad loans problem is welcome.
- 17 Feb 1711:54 PMFormer Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor C Rangarajan on Friday called for an eternal vigilance in seeking to preserve the Central Bank's autonomy and said its ability to perform its functions must not be compromised.04:27 PMDefying concerns about the impact of demonetisaton on the rural economy, Chhattisgarh has recorded an 18 per cent rise in the area under Rabi crop sowing over last year's 1.55 million hectares.04:02 PMCitizen engagement platform LocalCircles' survey, revealed that out of the 8,715 participants, 68 per cent said that majority of their transactions are now happening in cash.06:15 AMIndian interest rates dropped in early 2016 and treasury yields fell after demonetisation. Retail inflation has fallen in the last four months.12:21 AMAfter seeing a crisis in pulses last year, when prices skyrocketed, Indian farmers have produced record high crop of 22.14 million tonnes this season but all at their own peril.
- 16 Feb 1711:59 PMRepresentative image.11:03 AMUnion Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday said that there is no shortage of cash and some ATMs could be dry due to operational reasons.10:22 AMWhile the income-tax (I-T) department identified 1.8 million people whose cash deposits of banned noted did not appear to be in line with their taxpaying profile for the previous years, only 700,000 have complied with the tax department’s12:25 AMThe proposal by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) to use Aadhar database to verify PAN card recipients will need cabinet approval as it involves multiple agencies of the central government, said a spokesperson for the body.
- 15 Feb 1706:04 AMIndia Ratings (Ind-Ra) on Tuesday cautioned the government that its strategy to revive economic growth by focusing on infrastructure may not yield results unless real estate and manufacturing sectors recover.02:16 AMThe Dahisar-DN Nagar 2A metro is planned to be 18.5-kms with 17 stations at an estimated cost of Rs 6,410 crore.02:14 AMGroupM, the country's largest media agency network, has lowered its advertising expenditure (adex) growth forecast for 2017, pegging it at 10 per cent this year against 12 per cent last year.02:03 AMWholesale inflation is once again diverging from retail.01:40 AMThe Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based inflation rose to a two-and-a-half-year high of 5.2 per cent in January, widening the divergence with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) numbers.01:32 AMThe large-scale redemption of Foreign Currency Non-Resident Banks-deposits (FCNR-B) in the quarter ended December 2016 sharply brought down the tally of total deposits by non-resident Indians (NRIs) to $109.7 billion from $130.02 billion in the previous01:07 AMWomen have become uniquely well represented throughout Southeast Asia’s central banks.12:16 AMThere seems to be a change in the equations between the global rating agencies and the government.
- 14 Feb 1712:55 PMWholesale prices in the country continued to rise in January, under pressure from rapidly increasing diesel and petrol prices.