- 01 Oct 1401:14 PMCastrol India (Castrol)'s scrip, which had been lagging the S&P BSE Sensex in the last one year, has been on a steady uptrend since May-rising almost 50% to scale its all-time intra-day high of Rs 451.50 on 17th September.01:12 PMThe last year and a half has been a tumultuous year for Jet Airways which saw Etihad's investment, a record Rs 4,129 crore annual loss (FY14) and nearly 60% drop in its stock price - in 12 months, the stock is down 27%.04:05 AMMarico received ratings as well as earnings upgrades by leading brokerages in September, on the back of improving volume growth and easing copra prices.12:48 AMAt the annual shareholders' meeting of Tata Motors (then Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company, or Telco) in August 2001, Ratan Tata offered to resign from the company's chairmanship if shareholders so wished.12:47 AMOn November 11, 2013, the Bhushan Steel stock closed at Rs 504 on BSE. In less than a year, it has fallen 71 per cent to Rs 112, after touching a five-and-a-half-year low of Rs 87 this month.12:36 AMBank stocks tumbled on Tuesday, as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) kept key rates unchanged. With credit growth falling below 10 per cent and the interest rate cycle not turning, the sector’s earnings could come under pressure.
- 30 Sep 1407:48 AMThe tripling of Eicher Motors’ stock price over the past year has largely been due to a spurt in the volumes and margins of Royal Enfield motorcycles.06:28 AMOn November 11, 2013, the Bhushan Steel stock closed at Rs 504 on BSE. In less than a year, it has fallen 71% to Rs 112, after touching a five-and-a-half-year low of Rs 87 this month.01:35 AMJindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) has seen its market cap erode by half, thanks to adverse news flow about coal blocks since June this year.12:58 AMWith consumer sentiments improving, the apparel retail industry is anticipating a 15-20 per cent growth during the festive season as against 7-10 per cent last year. Industry attributes the growth based on improved economy vis-a-vis last year.12:50 AMCapital goods companies have been battling a severe downturn over the past couple of years, as orders thinned over projects stalled in an economic downturn and for lack of clearances.12:32 AMThiruvananthapuram-headquartered Technopark would witness the Daan Utsav, the joy of giving week, which is India's 'Festival of Giving'.
- 29 Sep 1406:16 PMTwo potential buyers have walked away from buying the hydro power assets of Jaiprakash Power Ventures, in a short span of three months. With Reliance Power cancelling the Rs 12,300-crore deal, Jaiprakash Associates' plan to reduce debt may be at risk.05:50 PMWith the markets gaining through the past year, promoters have been using the opportunity to infuse liquidity and make their high-priced stocks available in greater quantities to shareholders, through stock splits.
- 27 Sep 1402:35 AMJSW Energy’s binding memorandum of understanding with Jaiprakash Power Ventures for acquiring its three operating plants with an aggregate capacity of 1,891 Mw bodes well for both the companies.
- 26 Sep 1401:16 PMThe tripling of Eicher Motors' stock price over the last year has largely been due to the spurt in volumes and margins of Royal Enfield motorcycles.07:44 AMThe takeover by central government-owned Coal India (CIL) of 42 de-allocated operative mines from April next year, as ordered by the Supreme Court, might not be an uphill task.05:35 AMThis month, the Cadila Healthcare stock hit a 52-week high, following the company addressing investor concerns on US Food and Drug Administration’s observations, as well as on growth prospects in the US and Indian markets.04:48 AMBharat Forge, the Pune-headquartered manufacturer of forged and machined automobile components, has been riding the wave of revival in the automobile manufacturing segment.01:00 AMTill the mid-nineties, Hindustan Motors' (HM's) Ambassador dominated the Indian roads like a clunky colossus, one of the most potent symbols of the protectionism of the licence raj.