- 25 Jul 1611:55 AMAn Oil and Natural Gas Corp's (ONGC) well is pictured in an oil field on the outskirts of AhmedabadThe Cabinet Secretariat’s proposal to merge 13 oil PSUs into one behemoth is an idea worked upon and discarded more than once by the Union06:24 AMThe Biocon stock seems to be on a roll after its results for the quarter ended June and on upsides from its biosimilar portfolio. The stock hit an all-time high and ended 15 per cent higher at Rs 808.70 on Friday. Since February, it is up 86 per cent.02:22 AMThe search for that one stock that transforms a virtual beggar like me into a profligate millionaire might be over.12:24 AMThe June quarter numbers of consumer goods majors Hindustan Unilever (HUL) and ITC presented an interesting picture.12:13 AMThe June quarter numbers of consumer goods majors Hindustan Unilever (HUL) and ITC presented an interesting picture.12:08 AMThe advertising for washing machine brands has largely followed one of the two paths: It either shows that Brand X makes the mundane task of washing dirty linen a joyful experience for the woman of the house or it demonstrates that Brand Y makes the same
- 22 Jul 1611:59 AMWhen the founder of world’s largest torrent distribution site — Kickass Torrents — was arrested, little did he know that Facebook and Apple had a role to play in it.12:19 AMPrivate sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank reported 291 per cent year-on-year rise in its June quarter standalone net profit at Rs 741.97 crore, compared with Rs 189.78 crore in the same period a year ago.
- 21 Jul 1604:19 AMSubdued volume, smaller presence in the fast-growing scooter segment, and rural slowdown woes have marked the recent performance of the country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp.
- 20 Jul 1612:47 AMThe outlier in Hindustan Unilever’s June quarter results was home care. The category carved out of the new accounting norms implemented by HUL include detergents, fabric care and surface cleaners such as Vim.12:13 AMThe government’s decision to recapitalise public sector banks is on expected lines but not enough to prod banks to grow their book and cover the capital erosion caused by ballooning bad debts.
- 19 Jul 1609:22 PMExxon Mobil's sojourn to New Guinea is stirring the oil M&A waters. The US petroleum giant's $2.3-billion unsolicited offer for Papua-focused gas explorer InterOil topped an earlier bid from rival energy group Oil Search.09:21 PMSoftBank's new ARM may tie one of Sprint's behind its back. The Japanese tech and telecom titan is spending $32 billion on the UK chipmaker because it's feeling good about its US wireless carrier.03:46 AMAnalysts’ reaction to the June quarter (Q1) earnings announcement of Reliance Industries (RIL), one of the country’s largest companies, is a mixed bag. The results were in line with Street expectations.12:45 AMAided by a one-time write-back of employee provision benefits, the country's largest consumer goods company Hindustan Unilever (HUL) reported 10 per cent growth in net profit at Rs 1,173.9 crore for the quarter ended June 2016 versus Rs 1,069.2 crore a12:40 AMSales of the Nano, the mini hatchback from Tata Motors, slipped 71 per cent in June to a mere 481 units.
- 18 Jul 1609:22 PMSoftBank's 24.3 billion pound ($32.2 billion) offer for UK chip designer ARM Holdings is a monster bet on the "internet of things". It would make financial sense only if the Japanese conglomerate more than quintupled ARM's operating profit.01:40 PMA day after players complained about the server outage of popular augmented reality game Pokemon Go, hacking group OurMine, which also compromised social media accounts of many celebrities, on Monday took responsibility of hacking the game servers.
- 17 Jul 1611:47 PMLabourers rest in front of an advertisement of Reliance Industries Limited in Mumbai.09:22 PMCall it the "Yahoo rule". The internet firm's failure to spin off Alibaba to shareholders could be a boon for future separations.