- 25 Oct 1609:54 AMIn this file photo of Ratan Tata with Cyrus Mistry. Tata Sons on Monday removed Cyrus Mistry as its Chairman, nearly 4 years after he took over the reins of the group.08:21 AMThe combined market valuation of all listed companies of Tata Group almost doubled during the four-year tenure of outgoing chief Cyrus Mistry, but the growth was nearly 57-times under his predecessor Ratan Tata who has returned at the helms for now.02:50 AMReliance Industries Limited’s (RIL)’s quarterly performance and stock price have diverged in the past year.
- 24 Oct 1608:14 AMReliance Industries (RIL) is expected to continue with its momentum of double-digit gross refining margins (GRMs) for the next few quarters on the back of the winter effect and strong fundamentals, analysts say.08:13 AMThe Rs 3,000 crore initial public offer (IPO) of PNB Housing Finance opens on Tuesday in a price band of Rs 750 - 775. The company intends to utilise the IPO proceeds to augment its capital base in order to meet there future capital requirements.12:40 AMStocks of housing finance companies have given steady returns to shareholders for several years, as demand for home loans has remained firm in the country.
- 21 Oct 1608:55 AMHome appliances and electronics firms are hard-selling technology to win over consumers this festival season.06:19 AMIn recent months, several top global banks have announced that they plan to curtailed or close some of their businesses in India.05:03 AMElectronics major Samsung has lately been dealing with one of its deepest crises, with the South Korean company having to suspend the production and sale of its flagship Galaxy Note 7 amid reports of these devices catching fire.
- 20 Oct 1601:45 PMThe auction to sell Vijay Mallya's villa in Goa turned out to be a damp squib as State Bank of India failed to get any bidders for it at a reserve price of Rs 85.29 crore.12:56 PMDespite a slick campaign to lure companies from London to Berlin after Britain voted to leave the European Union, some of those which have moved say it is not as easy as it first appeared.05:50 AMUS-based global aluminium major Alcoa’s September quarter performance and forecast has led to some disappointment. So has the recent $30-40 a tonne fall in aluminium prices at the London Metal Exchange (LME).
- 19 Oct 1611:51 AMImage via ShutterstockE-tailers have a lot to cheer this festival season with almost every company announcing record sales.07:15 AMThe ICICI Bank stock has surged nearly 12 per cent this week, outpacing S&P BSE’s Sensex and Bankex, up 1.4 and 2.9 per cent, respectively, this week.04:20 AMThe sale of Essar Oil, the Vadinar Port and power assets to Russian oil major Rosneft, commodity trading firm Trafigura and Russian investment fund United Capital Partners will result in a significant drop in the Essar group's revenue.01:44 AMShares of housing finance companies (HFCs) have rallied sharply in the past one year, on the back of high growth in disbursement and declining costs of capital.
- 18 Oct 1608:32 AMInternational Business Machines (IBM) Corp posted better-than-expected third-quarter revenue on Tuesday, helped by growth in the company's cloud and analytics businesses.12:45 AMThe impact of hardening costs was visible in UltraTech’s profitability during the September quarter and that might have disappointed some on the Street.
- 17 Oct 1602:05 PMThere is something about an election that excites and disturbs businesses. Businesses are jittery about formulating a forward looking plan and their clients are less than willing to loosen their purse strings.01:10 PMThe sale of Essar Oil and related infrastructure to Rosneft and other partners has created many records.