- 29 Aug 1612:10 AMThis month’s approval by Competition Commission of India (CCI) to acquire the Jaiprakash group’s 21.1 million tonnes (mt) of cement assets will catapult the Aditya Birla Group’s UltraTech way ahead of its close competitor,
- 26 Aug 1602:15 PMDenys Prykhodov / Shutterstock.comWhatsApp on Thursday announced it would be sharing information such as users’ phone numbers with Facebook.
- 25 Aug 1610:47 PMVolumes continued to drive revenue at leading companies in the June quarter, though pricing power remained elusive.12:50 AMNestlé India’s sales growth in the first six months of this year followed a familiar script: high dependence on instant noodles Maggi.
- 23 Aug 1602:24 PMFew investors trust Welspun India’s management after what the company did to one of its biggest clients.12:25 AMThe proposed merger between Grasim Industries and Aditya Birla Nuvo (ABNL) is in line with the group’s long-term strategy to shore up promoter holding to 40 per cent in all listed entities.12:05 AMThe Oberoi Realty stock was the biggest gainer in the BSE Midcap index on Monday, up 5.2 per cent and hitting a 52-week high in trade.
- 22 Aug 1611:33 PMChances are, you plug in your phone before you go to bed at night, thinking it's best to greet the morning with a fully charged device. Many people don't expect to keep their phones for much longer than two years.10:47 PMIndia Inc’s earnings growth has disappointed investors over the past few quarters, as well as the past couple of years. However, the March quarter was relatively better.
- 19 Aug 1607:44 PMState Bank of India's planned merger with its associate banks is set to make it one the world's top 50 in terms in terms of assets. This, however, might not suffice to make it a high performer on Dalal Street, going by global experience.04:02 PMWhat has surprised the market on State Bank of India’s merger announcement was the timing more than the ratio. Analysts expected an announcement in FY17, but fast-tracking the entire process has been a pleasant surprise for the market.07:49 AMMarket experts have given a thumbs-up to the merger plan of State Bank of India (SBI) and its associates, with most saying the swap ratio is fair and logical.03:46 AMThree prominent rating agencies’ own operational results for the June quarter are divergent.12:49 AMOil marketing companies are increasing focus on their non-fuel retail business, with hopes of improving margins of their overall fuel marketing divisions.
- 18 Aug 1609:22 PMFast-moving consumer goods companies, as the likes of Nestle are known, aren't so fast moving these days.12:50 AMDuring the analyst call post Cognizant’s second quarter (April-June) results, CFO Karen McLoughlin accepted that the company’s organic revenue has been averaging at $1.5 billion and going ahead merger and acquisitions will be key as they drive
- 17 Aug 1610:45 PMTechnically speaking, there are various ways in which one can find out the strength of a sector in the market. The most popular being the relative strength index or a RSI, but this indicator gives the strength over a fixed period of time, say 21 days.09:20 PMCarlsberg's knack for showing up at the wrong parties is hurting sales. The Danish brewer's first-half revenue missed expectations. Operating profit rose eight per cent, but that was entirely wiped out by currency swings.
- 16 Aug 1609:20 PMGases mix easily.09:15 PMDon't mistake Keanu Reeves for some nice-guy motorcycle dilettante.