- 31 Aug 1512:41 AMAutomobile manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra is not facing a volume decline in the domestic passenger vehicle business alone. Sales volume at SsangYong, the South Korean automobile company acquired by M&M five years ago, is also on a decline.
- 30 Aug 1502:08 AMAbsolut vodka's US debut in 1979 excited US drinkers and even inspired Andy Warhol's artwork. Almost four decades on, America's tastes have changed.12:45 AMThe government's reaction to Vodafone CEO Sunil Sood's comment shows that the National Democratic Alliance is as thin-skinned about criticism from business and industry as past governments.
- 29 Aug 1509:49 PMIn a landmark judgment recently, the Supreme Court ruled in favour of Vital Nutraceuticals and quashed the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India's advisory on product approvals issued in 2013. This has brought much cheer and hope in the food01:22 AMCheaper oil is set to unblock more pipeline deals. For major energy companies desperate to protect their dividend, selling infrastructure not linked to oil prices is a no-brainer.12:46 AMThe Chinese devaluation of the yuan earlier this month has seen the rupee depreciate to a two-year low against the dollar.12:26 AMFrom Nirula's Big Boy succulent lamb burger to McDonald's crunchy McAloo Tikki to Wimpy's Chicken in a Bun, the 1990s were defined by a burger that was no frills, yet full of (double layered) promise.12:23 AMThe Jeep Grand Wagoneer was the world's first luxury SUV.
- 28 Aug 1510:25 PMThe Cummins India stock saw a 16% spurt since the start of the month on strong June quarter results, led by good show both in the domestic and exports segments. It was one of the few companies in the industrial sector to have posted good numbers.10:22 PMAfter exiting FY15 on a weak note, the pharmaceutical sector appears to be showing signs of improvement. While analysts expected little to change in the first half of the financial year, the June quarter has been better than expected.04:44 PMOil markets were on fire on Thursday with crude oil futures rising by 10.3% to $42.56 a barrel, its best day since March 2009 when it soared 11.1%.12:44 PMAs e-retail entrenched itself in the first decade of the millennium, it jostled for space and began to push the traditional or brick-and-mortar retail towards the sidelines.03:36 AMStocks of upstream companies, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Oil India, and Cairn India (Cairn), have been under consistent pressure from falling crude oil prices. Upstream firms take the first steps to locate, test, and drill for oil and gas.03:35 AMFor two sessions in a row, the Tata Motors' stock ended in the green, gaining eight per cent as China cut interest rates, reduced bank reserve ratio requirement (RRR) and announced a further 300-basis-point RRR cut for financial-leasing and02:30 AMOnce Reliance Jio starts operations later this year, the telecom sector is expected to see some serious disruption, if pundits are to be believed.12:20 AMThe commodities giant BHP Billiton spent heavily for years, mining iron ore across Australia, digging for copper in Chile, and pumping oil off the coast of Trinidad.
- 27 Aug 1510:30 PMState-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd, or BSNL, after it got nearly decimated by private telecom operators in the business of voice calls, is leaving no stone unturned to get a piece of the action in the data business.09:44 PMThe problem of dropped calls has got everybody exercised, from the common man to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It was only after Mr Modi made his displeasure felt that telecom operators promised to solve the problem within 45 days.07:18 PMFaasos Food Services is an on-demand, food delivery business currently present in ten cities. We were the first company in India to start taking orders on Twitter.03:35 PMIn Singapore, only 14.3% of 5.5 million are Muslims. But despite the small Halal market, it did not deter Singaporean entrepreneur Miss Nursyazanna Syaira from striking out on her own.