- 22 Dec 1412:15 AMOne would usually associate data mining and loyalty programmes with consumer marketing, with the benefits accruing to the end customer.12:11 AMWhen Subroto Bagchi and a group of colleagues launched Bangalore-based Mindtree in 1999, the company's mission was clear: Mindtree would bring a human face to technology by doing aspirational work for its clients, creating shared wealth for all
- 21 Dec 1401:43 AMWhen billionaire Sajjan Jindal put his plan to build a 10 million tonne (mt) new steel plant at Salboni in West Bengal on hold, he knew he had a back-up to protect his growth ambitions.
- 20 Dec 1402:25 AMAban Offshore's scrip has underperformed the Sensex over the past few months. The stock is down 32 per cent since November.12:32 AMThe Union Cabinet’s approval to the Constitution amendment Bill for implementing the goods and services tax (GST) earlier this week has paved the way for the Bill’s introduction in Parliament.
- 19 Dec 1403:47 AMThe Sun TV Network scrip shed nearly 11 per cent in only four trading sessions (December 10-16), extending the 8.5 per cent fall on Friday, after reports that the promoters were questioned by the government's enforcement directorate on the controversial12:47 AMAnand Kripalu, appointed by London-based Diageo to take charge of Bengaluru-based United Spirits (USL) as managing director and chief executive officer a year before, talks to Raghuvir Badrinath on how it's been and the road map he's preparing for the12:32 AMAvon Products helps the plain look pretty. Now it is paying $135 million to US authorities for doing something similar in China.
- 18 Dec 1410:48 AMOffshore drilling firm Aban Offshore (Aban)'s scrip has underperformed the S&P BSE Sensex over the past few months and the downward pressure has only intensified in the recent trading sessions.10:22 AMAs the freedom to take longer holidays is slowly contracting, thanks to greater work pressure and difficulty in synchronising vacations with friends or family, a larger number of employed people are increasingly taking shorter breaks.08:39 AMYears of compulsive movie going gives you this ability to see what’s coming. The moment Rajinikanth started doing wheelies on his bike as the villain took off in a giant balloon with the leading lady, I knew it.12:46 AMThe $41-billion valuation for the ride-sharing service Uber may or may not be a bubblicious number, but it certainly shows that the venture capital industry is in a bad place.12:44 AMGoogle India Managing Director Rajan Anandan's "pub meet-ups" have become landmark. These meet-ups, however, are neither music concerts nor have much to do with alcohol.12:40 AMSpiceJet runs out of cash, and has cancelled hundreds of flights. It reportedly owes something like Rs 3,000 crore - to oil companies, airport companies, the travel industry et al. To all appearances, it is going the Kingfisher way.12:35 AMThe steep fall in oil prices and subsequent devaluation of the rouble and Venezuelan bolivar will impact Dr Reddy’s FY16 sales and operating profit four-five per cent.12:28 AMSpiceJet’s parent company has already announced it cannot afford spending more to rescue the beleaguered low-cost airline, adding another layer of uncertainty over its future.
- 17 Dec 1405:54 PMMaruti continues to extend gains in the passenger car market both in terms of market share and profitability. The company has reported a robust volume growth of 14.7% in the first half of FY15, outperforming the industry which grew by 4.2%.04:19 PMThe government seems to be buckling under pressure. A day after the management of SpiceJet met the civil aviation minister Ashok Gajapathy Raju, the ministry announced relief measures to the Kalanithi Maran family run airline.01:44 PMThe steep fall in oil prices and subsequent currency devaluation of Russian Rouble and Venezuelan Bolivar will impact Dr. Reddy’s FY16 sales and operating profits by 4-5 per cent.12:10 PMThe Sun TV Network scrip shed nearly 11 per cent over the last four trading sessions extending the 8.5 per cent fall on Friday after reports that the promoters were questioned by the enforcement directorate in relation to the Aircel-Maxis deal.