- 27 Apr 1701:56 PMDonald Trump.
- 26 Apr 1707:42 AMFor more reasons than one, the Indian Bank stock is among the preferred picks in the mid-sized state-owned lenders’ space.06:55 AMThe insurer had earned a net profit of Rs 403 crore in the same quarter of the previous financial year.06:54 AMPeople who have worked with Anuj Puri say he is a workaholic and used to live out of a suitcase when he was the chairman and country head of JLL in India. He quit suddenly, leaving many surprised.02:52 AMAs Syria began to descend into a bloody civil war, a cement plant in the embattled northeast run by one of France’s largest industrial companies was operating at full speed.
- 25 Apr 1706:47 AMAfter ACC, even UltraTech Cement posted decent sales volumes for March quarter. Also, profitability improved despite weak demand. This lifted investor sentiment, which had been subdued by volume fears and profitability pressure.02:51 AMEven as marquee American stent makers plan to withdraw their most advanced coronary stents from the market following the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority's move to cap their price, cheaper Chinese and Malaysian rivals are pushing their products02:34 AMThere's a bit of a paradox in the lobbying by various trade and industry bodies of bullion dealers and jewellers for fixing the coming Goods and Services Tax (GST) rate not higher than what they pay on Monday.12:51 AMThere could be no looking back for the Baltic Dry Index (BDI) hereon. Hovering around 1300 levels at present, this freight index, which measures the price of shipping majors' raw materials, is expected to move only northwards in the coming months.
- 24 Apr 1701:15 PMThe market watchers are keenly awaiting Reliance Industries Ltd’s March quarter results, which the oil & gas major will announce later in the day.10:50 AMAccording to experts, if enforced retrospectively, a possibility as it is part of the clauses, developers which have not given possession of houses to customers could be penalised, including mandatory jail time.06:57 AMFor the medium and heavy commercial vehicle (M&HCV) segment, having struggled with weak demand in 2016-17, the first half of 2017-18 is going to be as disappointing.
- 22 Apr 1710:43 PMThe proposed merger of telecom giants Reliance Communication (R-Com) and Aircel has triggered a debate over the kind of disclosures necessary on the valuation of companies.
- 21 Apr 1712:27 PMDalal Street will be eyeing management commentary on telecom venture (Reliance Jio) as Reliance Industries reports its March quarter performance on Monday, April 24. Analysts at J P Morgan say that “Reliance should report another strong quarter,
- 20 Apr 1706:38 AMUS President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Tuesday that directs federal agencies to review employment immigration laws to promote “Hire American&" policies.
- 19 Apr 1712:20 PMThe poster boy of India’s bank default problem may finally be getting his comeuppance. On Tuesday, the police in the United Kingdom arrested industrialist and former liquor baron Vijay Mallya on behalf of Indian authorities.05:59 AMThe forecast of a normal monsoon this year has brought cheer to firms that have significant exposure to rural areas.02:05 AMIn 2014, Dolly Kumari, an outspoken 12th class pass, left her home in Jharkhand, journeying about 2,000 km south to a new job as a tailor at a garment factory in Bengaluru.
- 18 Apr 1702:25 PMJalaj Dani of Asian Paints is not the only member of an Indian business family to strike out on his own.09:47 AMIndia’s largest information technology (IT) services firm Tata Consultancy Services is likely to report “sustained&" growth numbers for the fourth quarter of 2016 financial year continuing the momentum from Q3. After second largest