- 27 Sep 1604:50 AMFinancial conservatism with strong execution. That’s the mantra of Shree Cement, the country’s most successful and priciest cement company on bourses right now.04:46 AMA majority of companies in the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector have been struggling to take their volume growth higher in recent times, thanks to weakening rural as well as urban consumption demand.03:59 AMAs call failures are mounting because of the tussle between Reliance Jio and incumbent operators over points of interconnect (PoIs), the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) has decided to issue show cause notices to errant telcos for failing to
- 26 Sep 1610:40 PMFour domestic lenders have surpassed German banking major Deutsche Bank in market capitalisation this year. Germany's biggest bank is currently valued at just $18 billion, following a 50 per cent slide in its stock price so far this year.02:22 PMWith the infrastructure push from the government, the rub-off was expected to trickle down to the cement sector, which it did. Since their lows in February, cement companies have been among the top performers in the market.05:18 AMIn a hyper connected world and an era of heightened disclosure requirements, a crisis faced by a company spreads like wildfire with a tumbling impact on its share price.05:10 AMA Nielsen overview for the year ended June 2016 has put ITC at number three, following Parle and Britannia.04:09 AMHow do brands make an impact in a market where the product or service on offer is more or less standardised with little room for innovation? Once it has built an unrivalled product-service record, how does a brand differentiate itself from competitors
- 25 Sep 1609:39 PMSuresh Rangrajan, founder & director, CoLifeRenting office space in a city can be an expensive proposition for start-ups, but now, there is a start-up that provides shared office space.06:21 PMIn a first by a consumer goods company in India, Nestle will tweak the brand taglines of three of its top products — Maggi, Nescafe and Kit Kat — as it seeks to espouse a cause.
- 23 Sep 1611:50 AMMarkets were shaken by the recent resignation of Mr. Ajay Kaul, long-standing CEO of Jubilant Foodworks, which operates the Domino’s Pizza and Dunkin Donuts brands in India.05:49 AMIt is the season of smaller companies outperforming larger ones across sectors. The trend is visible in the air conditioning (AC) space as well.
- 22 Sep 1610:34 PMBharti Airtel and Idea Cellular have the best return potential among India's biggest companies even after rival Reliance Jio Infocomm stormed the phone market this month with free calls.05:50 AMSoon after Bayer AG managed to acquire Monsanto group globally, the German agrochemicals maker took no time to announce an open offer to pick up majority of the public shareholding in Monsanto India.01:39 AMAfter lukewarm response to the initial attempt in June to sell properties belonging to Sahara group, the Securities and Exchange Board of India is making a fresh effort to auction some of the large land parcels located across the country.
- 21 Sep 1612:40 PMRating agency Moody’s has said that Indian banks' outlook is set to stabilise as asset quality concerns bottom out.04:50 AMThe Jubilant FoodWorks stock has fallen nine per cent in two trading sessions against a flattish S&P BSE Sensex. Resignation news of Jubilant's long-serving chief executive, Ajay Kaul, is a key reason for the fall.
- 19 Sep 1604:58 PMThe Indian IT industry continues to feel the heat on account of a global slowdown, Brexit and changing dynamics in the software sector.
- 16 Sep 1611:42 AMMany Indian promoters have been accused of running their listed entities like their private ones. Decision making is restricted to the promoter and his carefully selected board members. Shareholder interest seems to be the least of their concern.05:58 AMMega merger of Monsanto with Bayer globally may have cheered investors in India as both companies' share prices are rising.