- 24 Mar 1702:51 PMFour public sector undertakings—Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum (BPCL), Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL) and Coal India — are paying an out-of-turn second interim dividend to help the government shore up its revenues.11:00 AMThe logo of India's largest online marketplace Flipkart is seen on a building in Bengaluru.02:25 AMHindustan Zinc's (HZL's) announcement of a dividend of Rs 27.50 a share was cheered by the Street, with its stock price up 2.7 per cent to close at Rs 320.20 on Thursday.02:15 AMCreditors of India’s largest paper maker, Ballarpur Industries, could face costly unintended consequences from punitive US duties on some of the company’s Asian competitors.
- 23 Mar 1701:15 PMNavil NoronhaLike his boss, the reclusive stock market investor Radhakishan Damani, Ignatius Navil Noronhaa, managing director of Avenue Supermarts, which runs the retail chain D-Mart, shies away from the media.03:26 AMBanks in London that relocate operations to the euro zone after Brexit are likely to be spared a lengthy entry test by regulators, making it easier for them to shift, according to two officials with knowledge of the matter.02:49 AMIncome. Innovation. Sales. Marketing. Profit. The top five priorities of any organisation are facing a silent threat from a sustained lag in the speed of decision-making.02:03 AMMake in India may feel the pinch of a global wave of protectionism. Launched in September 2014, the initiative aims to encourage multinational as well as local companies to manufacture in India.01:20 AMAs surprising as it may sound, India’s most profitable supermarket isn’t backed by Ambani, Birla, Biyani or Goenka.12:51 AMIn an industry where it is tough to trim business verticals, L&T Finance Holdings has set an example of taking bold decisions. Until a year ago, the company was reckoned as an all-in-one financier.
- 22 Mar 1711:07 AMMerger of Vodafone and Idea Cellular robs Bharti Airtel of its top position in the sector but the scale may tip in Bharti's favour as the leading mobile operator would benefit by focusing on operations and strengthening technology to retain its06:28 AMAvenue Supermarts is now the most valued Indian retail firm, with a market capitalisation of Rs 39,988 crore on the BSE. This is 3.3 times the Rs 12,000-crore market capitalisation of Kishore Biyani-promoted Future Retail, which is second on the list.03:10 AMApple Chief Executive Tim Cook seen here at an event at the company’s headquarters in Cupertino, California.
- 21 Mar 1711:47 PMIdea Cellular slumped another five per cent on Tuesday to Rs 93 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), a day after it lost 10 per cent following a union announcement with Vodafone’s India business, to create the country’s largest telecom02:47 PMSuccess in business has always been measured in hard corporate numbers - revenue, growth, and profits. A business exists to convert society’s needs into possibilities for profit, making each company an organ of society.11:43 AMBritish telecom giant Vodafone plc would be hoping to bring an end to the problems it has faced since it bought Hutchison's stake in the company a decade ago.10:27 AMThe Idea-Vodafone combined entity would be the country’s largest telecom operator on both parameters — subscribers and revenues.03:53 AMDespite the merger with Vodafone’s India operations which will create India’s largest telecom company, the rough ride will continue for some more time for shareholders at Idea Cellular.
- 20 Mar 1701:50 PMPhoto: ShutterstockThe merger of Idea Cellular and Vodafone announced earlier today is likely to create the biggest telecom operator in the country with a customer base of close to 400 million, or 35% market share.11:17 AMBritain's Vodafone Group will merge its Indian subsidiary with local rival Idea Cellular within two years, Idea said on Monday, creating a new market leader better able to contest a brutal new price war.