- 30 Mar 1612:20 AMA year after the historic e-auction of mines, coal mining is back to where the trouble began - legal and regulatory tussle.
- 11 Dec 1506:21 AMNews of CESC’s subsidiary bagging rights to the Pune Indian Premier League team has not gone down well with the Street. The stock has lost about seven per cent in the last three trading sessions.
- 13 Nov 1512:36 PMShares of CESC were up over 3% at Rs 545 on the Bombay Stock Exchange after the company reported increase in net profit on the back of lower fuel costs.
- 22 May 1512:01 AMSpencer's Retail, a subsidiary of CESC Ltd, has reported a net loss of Rs 114 crore for 2014-15 fiscal.
- 21 May 1503:00 PMR P Sanjiv Goenka group flagship power company CESC has posted a near-flat net profit of Rs 244 crore in the quarter ended March 31, 2015 compared to Rs 243 crore in the corresponding period of last fiscal.
- 14 Jan 1508:05 PMCESC is also planning to develop an residential cum commercial complex at Haldia with an investment of Rs 150 crore.05:06 PMRP Sanjiv Goenka group flagship company CESC is planning a hike in power tariffs for its distribution area from April, 2015 to compensate the cost escalation in Haldia power project, which became commercially operational today.
- 14 Nov 1408:29 PMThe RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group flagship power company CESC has posted a 12.28 per cent rise in net profit at Rs 192 crore for the quarter ended September, 2014 compared to a net profit of Rs 171 crore during the corresponding period last year.12:45 AMThe R P-Sanjiv Goenka group flagship power company, CESC, is set to commission a Rs 4,600-crore thermal power plant at Haldia in West Bengal shortly.
- 17 Oct 1412:15 AMMysore-headquartered Chamundeswari Electricity Supply Company (CESC) has taken up the restoration of power supply in the hurricane Hudhud-affected areas of Andhra Pradesh.
- 22 Sep 1405:56 PMRP Sanjiv Goenka group's flagship power generation and distribution company, CESC, has decided to raise up to $150 million or about Rs 913 crore through a private placement.
- 30 May 1402:18 PMThe RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group flagship company CESC has posted a 5.08% drop in net profit at Rs 243 crore for the quarter ended March, 2014 compared to a net profit of Rs 256 crore during the corresponding period last year.
- 12 Mar 1408:47 AMCESC's steady cash generating utility (stand-alone) business will benefit from the recent power tariff hike (the benefit will get reflected in the Q4 results).
- 26 Feb 1406:09 PMThe RP-Sanjiv Goenka group flagship, CESC, may have sought a steep 18% hike in tariff for the fiscal 2014-15, but state-run utility, the West Bengal State Electricity Distribution (WBSEDCL) is in a bind to reduce tariff.
- 25 Feb 1408:14 PMPower utility CESC Ltd has sought a sharp hike of 18 per cent in average tariff to Rs 7.55 a unit from the regulator for the financial year 2014-15."CESC has filed petition for new tariff for three consecutive years from 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17
- 07 Feb 1408:27 PMThe depreciation of rupee has hit RP-Sanjiv Goneka group flagship company CESC with a cost overrun of about Rs 800 crore in commissioning two new power projects in Chandrapur and Haldia.
- 05 Dec 1308:54 AMThe power sector has witnessed significant correction in valuation on the back of concerns over issues relating to fuel supply and cost, weak financials of the SEBs as well as lower PLF.
- 13 Nov 1308:24 AMGodrej Consumer Products Ltd (GCPL) posted a strong operating performance in Q2FY2014 with the revenues and profit after tax (PAT) growing by more than 20% year on year (YoY) each.
- 12 Nov 1307:05 PMPower utility CESC Ltd today reported 25.73% jump in standalone net profit of Rs 171 crore for second quarter ended September 2013 on the back of higher generation and lower power purchase.
- 05 Aug 1304:43 PMThe demerger of Spencer's, the RP Sanjiv Goenka Group's retail arm, from CESC would not be carried out before the third quarter of 2013-14. "All focus is on profitability and we are targeting to become quarterly EBITA positive during