- 16 Sep 1405:08 PMThe Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) has saved the government from a certain defeat it faced in the hands of minority investors of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) in the matter of subsidy payout to downstream marketing companies.03:48 PMONGC Videsh Ltd (OVL), theoverseas exploration arm of ONGC Ltd, said it has signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with PetroVietnam, Vietnam's state-owned oil producer on Monday for exploration of oil and gas acreages in the offshore areas of that01:26 PMShares of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) have dipped 3% to Rs 409, extending its three-day’s fall, after the government cleared 5% disinvestment in oil major.12:43 AMJPMorgan Chase expects gas prices in India to be raised in a staggered manner rather than one-time adjustment.
- 15 Sep 1412:50 AMState-run Oil and Natural Gas Corporation's (ONGC's) foray into coal bed methane (CBM) exploration could get a bit longer. Brisbane-listed Dart Energy has surrendered its stake in the former's CBM bocks.
- 12 Sep 1403:50 AMA day after the Union Cabinet paved the way for the government reducing its stakes in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Coal India Ltd (CIL) and NHPC, the shares of these companies fell 3.4-5.2 per cent on bourses.12:58 AMThe central government has informally asked investment bankers brought in to manage share sales to abstain from taking big private-sector mandates in the coming months.
- 11 Sep 1407:59 AMThe Union Cabinet on Wednesday cleared a dilution of the government's stake in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Coal India Ltd (CIL) and NHPC Ltd.
- 10 Sep 1407:20 PMGovernment today cleared 5% disinvestment in oil major ONGC, which may fetch the exchequer about Rs 18,000 crore.
- 09 Sep 1412:09 AMWhen ONGC Chairman and Managing Director D K Sarraf met journalists at an informal gathering in Mumbai last week, he was prepared to avoid questions on its case with Reliance Industries in which the company has accused Reliance Industries of an alleged
- 08 Sep 1406:44 PMAfter drawing flak from various quarters for its slow pace of work, state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has decided on delegating decision making powers to its officials to speed up its various exploration and production projects.11:04 AMShares of Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) appreciated 2.5% to Rs 454 on the BSE after Bank of America Merrill Lynch upgraded the stock to "buy" from "neutral".
- 07 Sep 1403:20 PMReversing the plans of the previous management, the new brass at the oil and gas producer ONGC has ruled out taking any of its five JVs, especially its power venture in Tripura and petchem venture OPAL, and also its sole subsidiary ONGC Videsh, public or12:39 AMFormer bureaucrat E A S Sarma has written to the petroleum ministry cautioning the government against thereported hiring of technical consultant Gaffney, Cline & Associates (GCA) to assess the issue of gas "theft" raised by state-run
- 04 Sep 1403:48 AMThe concerns over the subsidy burden on upstream oil companies like ONGC seem to be easing.
- 03 Sep 1405:02 PMONGC Videsh Ltd, the overseas arm of state explorer Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC), has signed an agreement with Argentinian energy firm YPF S.A. for jointly investing in oil and gas fields in Latin American nation and elsewhere.
- 02 Sep 1402:34 PMPitching for a higher remunerative price for natural gas, state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has said it needs $6-7.15 to break-even on gas it plans to produce from its most prolific KG basin block.12:12 AMGlobal rating agency Moody's Investors Service on Monday said the oil ministry's plan to divide fuel subsidies equally between the government and the two state-owned upstream oil and gas producers, namely ONGC and Oil India, is credit positive for both
- 29 Aug 1412:40 AMState-owned petroleum explorer Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) said its board on Thursday approved a proposal to invest Rs 5,219 crore to enhance natural gas and condensate production from the Tapti Daman block in the Arabian sea.
- 27 Aug 1406:36 PMNarendra K Verma has taken charge at ONGC Videsh as its Managing Director. Verma has been Director (Exploration) of ONGC since April 2013. Prior to joining the Board of Directors of ONGC, he was the Director (Exploration) for ONGC Videsh Limited.