- 29 Jan 1502:19 AMTata Steel will soon start operation of its Sukinda chromite mine in Jajpur district following the third renewal of the mining lease by the state government recently.
- 28 Jan 1508:20 PMThese mines had shut operations in May last year on the basis of the apex court order.
- 17 Jan 1512:31 AMThThe government on Friday issued fresh showcause notices to prior allottees of coal blocks like Jindal Steel and Power Limited, JSW and Tata Steel, asking reasons for delay in mines development and warning of deduction in their bank guarantees if they
- 14 Jan 1510:33 PMMajor steel producers have reduced prices of the finished product by three-four per cent for the month of January as metal prices across the world continued a downward trend.12:11 PMShares of metal companies are under pressure with the National Stock Exchange (NSE) CNX Metal index hits eight-month low as metal prices fell in global markets.
- 13 Jan 1506:04 PMThe imports also fell from 4.3 mt shipped in November. November shipments were higher as some deliveries ordered for the month of October were shifted to next month due to cyclone Hudhud.
- 09 Jan 1507:24 PMTata Steel, India's oldest steel company, produced 2.22 million tonne saleable steel in the quarter ended December, up 3.3% from corresponding period last year.12:05 PMTata Steel has gained over 1.5% to Rs 401 on the BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) after Global rating agency Moody's has upgraded Tata Steel ("TSL")'s corporate family rating to Ba1 with a stable outlook.
- 08 Jan 1505:44 PMGlobal rating agency Moody's has upgraded Tata Steel Ltd ("TSL")'s corporate family rating to Ba1 with a stable outlook.12:28 AMTata Steel expects to start the operation of its ferrochrome plant coming up at Gopalpur by June 2015 with a capacity of 50,000 tonne per annum in the first phase.12:27 AMTata Steel would fund the setting up of a 100-bed super speciality eye care hospital at Samarjhola under Hinjilicut block in Ganjam district. The hospital would be operated by Chennai-based Sankara Eye Hospital.
- 02 Jan 1504:30 PMThe Noamundi iron ore mine of Tata Steel has resumed production after a gap of nearly four months providing a huge relief to the firm which recently resorted to imports for the first time in over 100 years of existence.
- 01 Jan 1503:16 PMA day after Jharkhand government's assurance to initiate steps to renew Tata Steel's iron-ore mine, the company today expressed the hope that mining activities would be resumed in a couple of days.12:26 PMMetal shares are trading higher by over 2.5% on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) after growth in China's services sector picked up slightly in December. China is the world's largest consumer of steel, copper and aluminum.12:44 AMAs he steps into his third year as the Tata group chairman, Cyrus Pallonji Mistry has quite a few things to be happy about.
- 30 Dec 1406:50 PMTata Steel has been one of the worst performing scrips in 2014 languishing at the bottom five of the CNX Nifty.10:43 AMThe recent High Court orders in Odisha and Jharkhand have come as a respite to Tata Steel, who was depending on external sources of iron ore for more than a month, procuring the raw material at higher costs.
- 29 Dec 1403:00 PMTata Steel today said suspension of a blast furnace for over a month at its Jamshedpur facility for want of iron ore impacted production and profitability in the current quarter.
- 27 Dec 1412:59 AMCyrus Mistry, 46, is hungry for growth like his predecessor. But for the $103-billion-revenue Tata group that has over 100 companies operating in about an equal number of countries, the task is equally demanding.12:47 AMWith quite a few Tata Group companies needing his attention for a permanent resolution of their problems, Chairman Cyrus Mistry has his hands full.