- 22 May 1512:50 AMThe 31-year-old Titan Company overtook the 108-year-old Tata Steel in market valuation on Thursday. This gives the watch and jewellery maker an entry into the coveted top-three positions at the $104-billion turnover Tata group.12:45 AMA weak outlook for steel prices amid dull demand is expected to put pressure on Tata Steel at a time it is saddled with a consolidated net debt of Rs 69,000 crore, as on March 31.“Deleveraging is certainly going to remain slow for the company.12:40 AMShares of Tata Steel fell to their lowest in a month after the country's top producer of the alloy reported a loss bigger than analysts' estimates.
- 21 May 1504:46 PMGoing ahead, repayment of debt may get tougher for Tata Steel, the country's oldest alloy producer.02:32 PMTata Steel Thailand PCL, the Thai unit of India's Tata Steel Group, said on Thursday it expected to return to net profit for the fiscal year ending March 2016, lifted by rising steel prices and higher demand.11:32 AMThe benchmark indices are witnessing mild selling pressure in mid-morning trades due to weakness in metal and FMCG metal stocks.02:42 AMTata Steel today reported a consolidated net loss of Rs 5,674.29 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2015, mainly due to non-cash write downs.12:32 AMTata Steel, the country's oldest steel producer, reported a consolidated loss of Rs 5,674 crore in the March quarter due to a sharp fall in revenue and also because of a non-cash impairment of Rs 4,951 crore it took, most of it on Europe's long products12:20 AMUK’s largest trade union Unite, on Wednesday, announced holding a ballot for industrial action over Tata Steel’s proposal to close its British Steel Pension Scheme (BSPS), even as the firm said it had “initiated action on de-risking its
- 19 May 1506:14 PMTata Steel today said it has no immediate plans to sell-off its Long Products Europe business to the Switzerland-based Klesch Group.03:03 PMReports that Tata Steel is about to sell its long products division to Klesch Group are 'speculative' and do not reflect the views of the company, the steelmaker told the National Stock Exchange on Tuesday.12:36 AMBillionaire Gary Klesch, the potential buyer for Tata Steel Europe's long products division, is known as a ‘vulture capitalist’, who buys companies at scrap value.
- 18 May 1512:42 AMAn American tycoon is reportedly in last-minute talks to seal a takeover of Tata Steel's UK steel works amid a supply imbalance facing the global steel industry.
- 15 May 1510:48 AMShares of Tata Steel, Indian multinational steel-making company headquartered in Mumbai, have lost up to nearly 2% to Rs 359 on the BSE as the company anticipates to take a non-cash write-down of the goodwill and assets in the consolidated12:50 AM(A write-down is a reduction in the value of assets).
- 12 May 1512:33 AMTata Steel has signed supplementary lease deeds for six iron and manganese ore mines falling under Joda circle in Keonjhar district.
- 07 May 1503:51 AMEmployees of Tata Steel UK began voting on a strike on Wednesday over changes in their pension scheme. While the balloting will continue and results will be known on May 29, the unions are also open for a dialogue.12:46 AMTata Steel might see nearly 60 per cent of its 17.4 million tonne (mt) production capacity in Europe getting shut if the ballot called by the employee unions of Tata Steel UK from Wednesday results in favour of a strike action.
- 05 May 1501:04 PMShares of metal companies were trading higher by up to 5%, extending their previous day’s gain on the bourses, after LMEX index hit four-month high on Friday.
- 01 May 1501:36 AMThe asset recovery cycle of banks is expected to be delayed, thanks to their exposure to the stressed metals sector and weak commodity prices.