- 16 Sep 1412:49 AMThe Jharkhand government has shut five bauxite mines of Hindalco Industries, flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group.
- 15 Sep 1412:17 AMThe steel major has already got in-principle approvals from the designated authorities to set up an industrial park at the same location, company officials said.
- 10 Sep 1402:40 AMTata Steel expects to commence work on its ferro-alloys plant at Gopalpur in south Odisha by March 2015, which is also the timeline for commissioning of its three million tonne steel capacity at Kalinganagar where the company is putting up a six mtpa
- 04 Sep 1407:44 PMWith its Kalinganagar project well on track to meet the March, 2015 deadline to start production, steel major Tata Steel has now turned its attention to kick start its long pending Industrial Park and SEZ (special economic zone) project at Gopalpur in
- 02 Sep 1407:50 PMThe displaced persons of Tata Steel's Gopalpur project, who have been agitating for higher compensation, today reiterated their demand before the company officials during the visit of Tata group chairman Cyrus Mistry to the area.
- 27 Aug 1412:07 AM"Unique among such adventures, unique in its advantages and unique in its difficulties"-this is how J R D Tata once described the growth trajectory of Tata Steel, formerly Tata Iron and Steel Company (Tisco).
- 26 Aug 1405:36 AMThe Supreme Court's (SC) decision on coal block allocations since July 1993 hit investor optimism that the new government will be able to facilitate faster clearances.12:15 AMA mammoth exercise conducted by the Odisha government recently to revise iron ore output data of 187 miners for a period of 10 years starting 2000-01 will not have any impact on the Rs 59,000 crore penalty order issued for excess production, officials
- 25 Aug 1406:20 PMTata Steel Managing Director T V Narendran has been appointed as the chairman of the governing board of XLRI-Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur.02:46 PMMetal stocks lost ground on Monday with the S&P BSE Metal index losing over 3% in intra-day deals after the Supreme Court (SC) held that guidelines were breached in coal block allocation during the previous government’s (United Progressive
- 22 Aug 1407:48 PMIndian metal producers often deal with higher capital, freight and labour cost to set up and operate a greenfield industry and hence, must get raw material supply security to grow, said T V Narendran, Managing director of Tata Steel (India and Southeast12:35 AMThe rise in royalty rates for minerals, approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, is good news for states, whose revenues will rise about Rs 4,000 crore on an annual basis.
- 21 Aug 1407:06 PMThe royalty rate hikes on minerals approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs may be good news for States that will see higher revenues to the tune of about Rs 12,000 crore, but it will push up costs for the mining industry and the users of
- 15 Aug 1412:29 AMTata Steel, the world's seventh largest producer in the sector, will save 40-45 basis points (bps) on interest after recently refinancing its $1.5-billion debt via a bond issue.
- 14 Aug 1401:59 PMMarkets reacted modestly to Tata Steel despite a massive 70.4% decline in consolidated net profit at Rs 337.3 crore for June 2014 as compared to Rs 1,139 crore in the corresponding period last fiscal.12:44 AMTata Steel has posted a 70 per cent year-on-year fall in consolidated net profit for the quarter ended June this year at Rs 337.33 crore, against the Bloomberg estimate of Rs 1,048.5 crore.
- 10 Aug 1411:10 AMProposed mining lease to global giant Tata Steel in 1,808 hectares of thick forests of Saranda in Jharkhand should be made "inviolate area" and be included into conservation reserve, Justice M B Shah Commission has recommended.
- 08 Aug 1406:58 PMTata Steel has shut down its 50,000 tonnes per annum ferroalloys plant at Bamnipal in Keonjhar district of Odisha due to unavailability of raw material.04:19 PMThe Supreme Court on Friday quashed criminal proceedings against J J Irani, former Tata Steel joint managing director, for causing the death of 60 persons in a fire which broke out in 1989 when the company officials were celebrating the founder’s
- 30 Jul 1403:36 PM"The work is progressing well. We are on schedule with the construction work at the plant.