- 24 May 1602:25 AMExcalibur Steel, a management buyout group interested in purchasing Tata Steel's British steelmaking operations, is ready to lend its support to rival bidder Liberty House, two industry sources told Reuters on Sunday.
- 23 May 1612:35 AMManagement buyout firm Excalibur and Indian-origin businessman Sanjeev Gupta’s Liberty House, the two front-runners in the race to acquire Tata Steel’s UK assets, are believed to be considering joining forces, it was reported on
- 21 May 1609:30 PMTo counter the slowing pace of industrial activity in Odisha, chief minister Naveen Patnaik has listed the commissioning of Tata Steel's greenfield steel plant at Kalinganagar and Indian Oil's crude oil refinery at Paradeep as landmarks in the state's
- 18 May 1609:46 AMTata Metaliks is locked in the upper circuit for a second straight day, up 20% at Rs 168, also its 52-week high on the BSE, after the company announced on Tuesday the withdrawal of the scheme of amalgamation of the company and its subsidiary Tata Metaliks05:47 AMTata Steel, the country's largest steel producer, has recalled its plan sent to the Bombay High Court for a merger of Tata Metaliks and Tata Metaliks DI Pipes with itself.02:04 AMThough the country's largest steel producer, Tata Steel, has received seven expressions of interest for its loss-making UK plant, industry officials say most of the bidders are not serious contenders, but those who would like to use the opportunity to
- 17 May 1607:06 PMCSR: Helping hands image viaMahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL) and Tata Steel led the pack of 287 corporates in CSR (corporate social responsibility) spending in 2014-15. Total spending recorded by the companies on CSR stood at Rs 344.12 crore during FY15.04:48 AMSteel tycoons have a fetish for lavish weddings.
- 14 May 1601:02 AMAfter 12 years of being allotted 3475 acres of land at Kalinga Nagar in Odisha to set up a 6 million tonne integrated steel plant, Tata Steel is yet to get possession of the full area- a factor which may hurt its plan to start work on the second phase of
- 10 May 1604:04 PMTata Steel has achieved a major breakthrough in its industrial park being developed at Gopalpur in south Odisha with the project getting the status of a Special Economic Zone (SEZ).11:51 AMJSW Steel is one of seven bidders that Tata Steel has selected for the next stage of the sales process of its UK operations, the Financial Times reported on Tuesday, reviving hopes that the operation, which employ 11,000 people, might yet10:27 AMTata Steel has gained 2.5% to Rs 337 on the BSE in an otherwise range bound market after Tata Steel Europe announced that it has received seven expressions of interest for Tata Steel’s UK business which have been immediately taken forward to the12:21 AMTata Steel on Monday said it has received seven expressions of interest (EOI) for its UK business, which is up for sale. Tata Steel has taken forward only those proposals which are for all of Tata Steel's UK business and not in parts.
- 03 May 1606:50 PMMetals group Liberty House sparked new hope for Britain's endangered steel industry on Tuesday by announcing the first firm bid for Tata Steel UK, potentially saving thousands of jobs.12:50 AMSanjeev Gupta, Executive Chairman, Liberty House Group.
- 01 May 1601:24 AMBritain-based Indian tycoon Sanjeev Gupta has said his Liberty House group was evaluating a bid for other UK assets of the troubled Tata Steel after completing the acquisition of the firm's loss-making plants in Scotland.
- 29 Apr 1612:38 AMTata Steel has sought more help from the British government to find a buyer for its steel plants in the UK.12:13 AMTough market conditions saw a drop in capacity utilisation for Rashtriya Ispat Nigam (RINL), JSW Steel and Jindal Steel & Power (JSPL) in 2015-16. Tata Steel, Essar Steel and government-owned Steel Authority of India, however, showed an improvement in the
- 28 Apr 1607:47 PMTata Steel's pension liabilities are putting off buyers for its British steelmaking operation, Business Secretary Sajid Javid said on Thursday, underlining the difficulty the government faces in securing a sale that would save thousands of jobs.06:32 PMThe union mines ministry has convened a meeting of the Post Auction Mining Clearances and Approvals Facilitatoron May 10 to expedite clearances of the mineral blocks already auctioned by states.