- 27 Nov 1410:45 AMDomestic steel majors such as SAIL, JSW Steel and Tata Steel will have a better year ahead on the back of capacity expansions and higher utilisation, leading to rise in profitability, global ratings agency Moody's said today.
- 24 Nov 1412:48 AMTata Steel, India’s oldest steel maker, appears to be losing the race for the domestic market in the wake of its try at climbing the global ladder with the acquisition of Corus, now Tata Steel Europe (TSE).
- 21 Nov 1402:46 PMThe Thai unit of India's largest steel maker, Tata Steel Group, said on Friday it expects to post a net profit for the fiscal year ending March 2015, bouncing back from a first-half loss by boosting sales of high-margin products.12:18 AMInvestments worth Rs 1.09 lakh crore have been grounded in the steel sector in Odisha.
- 15 Nov 1412:32 AMTata Steel has cleared the hurdle at ground level for its bid to expand capacity of its ferro-manganese plant at Joda from 0.05 million tonne per annum (mtpa) to 0.06 mtpa, establishment of a new silico manganese plant of 0.06 mtpa and sinter plant of12:27 AMAn inter-departmental panel headed by Development Commissioner Aditya Padhi is expected to take a decision on lease renewal applications of five limestone and dolomite mines belonging to Tata Steel, Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) and other miners.
- 13 Nov 1402:18 PMJust a day before Tata Steel announced its results, Citigroup downgraded global steel major ArcelorMittal from a Buy rating to Neutral. The rationale behind this downgrade has more implications for Tata Steel than its own quarterly performance.02:48 AMTata Steel’s consolidated profits may be slightly lower than the Street’s expectations, but that was due to a spike in losses in the Southeast Asia business which reported an Ebitda loss of Rs 281 crore in September quarter versus a profit of
- 12 Nov 1404:27 PMSteel manufacturer Tata Steel reported a 37% growth in net profit at Rs 1,254 crore for the quarter ending September 2014. It was Rs 917 crore in the same period a year ago.12:18 AMTata Steel, which is developing a multi-product Special Economic Zone (SEZ) along with an industrial park near Gopalpur in south Odisha's Ganjam district, is likely to participate in the upgradation of the minor port at Gopalpur.
- 05 Nov 1412:13 PMShares of metal companies are trading lower up to 4% on the NSE in today’s trade. The services purchasing managers' index (PMI) compiled by HSBC/Markit pulled back to 52.9 in October, the weakest reading since July, from 53.5 in September.12:44 AMTata Steel would incur an additional investment of Rs 20 crore towards construction of its proposed ferrochrome plant near Gopalpur to enable the unit to withstand wind speed of 250-300 km per hour.
- 03 Nov 1412:20 AMThe new package, which among other things would ensure jobs to members of project displaced families and additional monetary compensation to the land losers, is likely entail an additional expenditure of Rs 400 crore.12:19 AMTata Steel aims to make Gopalpur the single biggest ferrochrome producing site in Asia through establishment of two units with a combined capacity of 0.3 million tonne per annum (tpa).
- 29 Oct 1403:25 PMMetal shares rallied on the back of institutional buying coupled with short covering ahead of October F&O expiry.
- 28 Oct 1412:30 AMTata Steel last fortnight announced it has initiated talks with Geneva-based Klesch Group to sell its European long products business.
- 27 Oct 1412:47 AMUnite, the biggest of Britain’s trade unions, is scheduled to meet Tata Steel chairman Cyrus Mistry (pictured) on November 15, following the company’s announcement of a likely sale of its European long products division.
- 23 Oct 1412:09 AMLast Wednesday, Tata Steel announced a plan to sell off its long products division in Europe to the Geneva-based Klesch group, raising concerns yet again on whether the Corus acquisition was worth the hefty price of $13 billion.
- 21 Oct 1409:36 AMShares of metal and power companies are trading higher by up to 2.5% on the BSE after the government on Monday said it would promulgate an ordinance to resolve issues arising out of the cancellation of coal blocks.
- 20 Oct 1401:05 PMTata Steel's decision to sell its long product business in the UK and its bank debt refinance plan will be credit positive and alleviate funding pressure, Moody's Investors Service said today.