- 29 Jul 1612:49 AMThe Tata Nano’s sales might be in the slow lane but Tata Motors’ factory at Sanand, 40 km from here, once dedicated to manufacturing the small car, is working to roll out the sedan version of its latest hatchback, the Tiago, during the festive
- 27 Jul 1612:16 AMFotograFFF / Shutterstock.comGerman carmaker Volkswagen is in talks with Tata Motors to partner for a small car development programme, a German business magazine Manager Magazin has reported.12:09 AMGerman carmaker Volkswagen is in talks with Tata Motors to partner for a small car development programme, a German business magazine Manager Magazin has reported.
- 19 Jul 1612:42 AMCar makers are launching hatchbacks with engines powerful enough to haul a sedan or a mid-sized sports utility vehicle.12:40 AMSales of the Nano, the mini hatchback from Tata Motors, slipped 71 per cent in June to a mere 481 units.
- 16 Jul 1612:29 AMIndia’s biggest automobile maker, Tata Motors, will seek shareholders' approval at the upcoming annual general meeting (AGM) to raise Rs 3,000 crore through non-convertible debentures (NCDs) this year.
- 15 Jul 1611:44 AMShares of automobiles companies are on a roll with the S&P BSE Auto index and Nifty Auto index hitting their respective lifetime highs in an otherwise weak market on expectation of a recovery in second half, driven by a normal monsoon and demand post12:25 AMTata Motors and its two UK-based premium brands, Jaguar and Land Rover (JLR), are increasing their focus on alternative fuel technology such as electrics and hybrids.
- 14 Jul 1612:48 AMIndia’s largest automobile company, Tata Motors, has set its eyes on being among the top three global commercial vehicle makers and reclaiming its number three spot in the country’s car and sports utility vehicle market.
- 12 Jul 1612:50 AMIndian companies, led by telecom major Bharti Airtel, topped the charts in a study on transparency in corporate reporting among emerging market companies by Transparency International.
- 07 Jul 1609:22 PMIf his poor showing at the Copa América championship was not enough, star footballer and ‘god’ to his fans, Lionel Messi has been tripped up again; over a case of tax fraud, earning him a 21-month suspended jail sentence and a fine of12:25 AMThe 21-month jail term awarded to Lionel Messi by a Spanish court for tax evasion has put a question mark over the soccer star’s association with Tata Motors.
- 05 Jul 1612:25 AMIn a senior level auto industry movement, a former Maruti Suzuki executive has joined Tata Motors as head of marketing for its passenger vehicle business.
- 04 Jul 1610:39 AM“Cumulative sales (including exports) of the company for the fiscal were at 123,729 numbers, higher by 6% over 116,504 vehicles, sold last year,&" Tata Motors said in a release.
- 25 Jun 1612:58 AMThe prospects of Britain's exit from the European Union (EU) have come as a rude shock to Indian companies, as they are likely to face lower sales, increased cost of operations, immigration barriers for their employees and a fall in export earnings.12:25 AMIt was a sombre mood at the boardrooms of Indian companies with a lot of exposure in Britain and in the European Union (EU).12:21 AMShares of Tata Motors, India’s biggest automobile manufacturer, crashed more than 13 per cent on the BSE in intra-day trading on Friday as news of UK’s exit from the European Union spooked investors.
- 24 Jun 1607:34 PMIt was a sombre mood in the boardrooms of Indian companies with a lot of exposure to Britain and the European Union (EU).12:19 PMAuto, metal, realty, PSU & Private Bank indices have hit the worst by falling more than 5% each on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) as global markets roiled after Britain voted to leave the European Union.12:00 PMIt was a somber mood at the boardrooms of Indian companies, which have huge exposure in Britain and in the European Union.