- 03 Mar 1611:33 AMShares of Central Bank of India are up over 2% to Rs 67.55 on BSE after the bank said that a special committee of the board has approved raising funds by issuing equity shares.
- 10 Feb 1609:52 AMShares of public sector banks (PSBs) such as Punjab National Bank (PNB), Allahabad Bank, Central Bank of India (CBI) and Dena Bank have hit their respective 52-week lows after these banks reported a weak set of numbers for the quarter ended December 31,09:04 AMHere are a few intra-day trading strategies from Geojit BNP Paribas for trade today:PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK (Rs 87.75)Support at Rs 86.20 below Rs 85.10. Resistance is at Rs 88.95 above Rs 90.75. (Sell for intraday with a stoploss above Rs
- 10 Nov 1512:12 AMState-run Central Bank of India on Monday posted 9.67 per cent increase in net profit to Rs 112.87 crore for the July-September quarter. The bank had reported Rs 102.91 crore net profit in the corresponding period last year.
- 09 Aug 1502:11 AMState-owned Central Bank of India today reported 6.2 per cent growth in net profit at Rs 203.6 crore for the first quarter ended June 30 despite increase in bad loans.
- 13 May 1512:14 AMPublic sector lender Central Bank of India recorded a 7.4 per cent rise in net profit for the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2015, at Rs 174 crore due to good recoveries and lower slippages.
- 22 Mar 1511:28 AMPSU banks have reported over 2,100 fraud cases involving a sum of Rs 11,022 crore in the first nine months of the ongoing fiscal, with PNB reporting the maximum number of such instances.
- 04 Mar 1512:37 AMRatings agency Moody’s has downgraded ratings for Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)’s local and foreign currency deposits from “Baa3&" to “Ba1&" following the government’s policy to differentiate
- 31 Jan 1502:25 PMThe first forex hub of the Mumbai- headquartered Central Bank of India in Gujarat was opened at Urmi Char rasta here to provide prompt and efficient services to importers and exporters.
- 04 Jan 1511:35 AMState-run Central Bank of India is in the process of raising Rs 660 crore through conversion of perpetual non-cumulative preference shares (PNCPS) held by the government into equity shares.
- 09 Nov 1402:44 PMFinance Minister Arun Jaitley today said the government is planning to bring down its stake in public sector banks to 52% so as to meet Rs 3 lakh crore capital requirement.12:16 AMCentral Bank of India on Saturday reported net profit of Rs 103 crore in the September quarter on lower provisioning and improvement in margins, as against a whopping Rs 1,509 crore net loss a year ago.
- 26 Aug 1408:00 PMThe Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered a case against Electrotherm (India) Ltd., an Ahmedabad based engineering firm, for allegedly cheating the Central Bank of India to the tune of Rs 436 crore.
- 28 Jul 1409:37 AMCentral Bank of India has surged 9% to Rs 73.15 after reporting a nine-fold rise in net profit at Rs 192 crore in the April-June quarter (Q1), aided by a drop in provisions for bad loans and increase in net interest income.
- 27 Jul 1412:00 PMState-run lender Central Bank of India has said it is in the process of selling 4% of its stake to Life Insurance Corporation through an institutional placement for Rs 581 crore to meet its capital requirement of Rs 2,000 crore this fiscal.
- 29 Jun 1403:54 PMDairy firm Kwality Ltd has signed an agreement with Central Bank of India for extending financial assistance to dairy farmers.
- 07 Mar 1412:16 AMState-run Central Bank of India has sold its entire stake in credit information provider Cibil to Transunion International Inc for an undisclosed amount.
- 06 Feb 1402:32 PMCentral Bank of India today said its net profit for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 fell by 66% from a year earlier to Rs 61.5 crore as it made higher provisions and paid more tax.
- 25 Jan 1412:40 AMB K Divakara has taken charge as executive director at Central Bank of India. Prior to taking charge of the new assignment, he was working as general manager with Mangalore-based Corporation Bank, another public sector lender.
- 12 Dec 1312:10 AMRating agency Moody's has cut the Central Bank of India’s baseline credit assessment to B3, from B1, due to a net loss of Rs 1,510 crore in the September quarter.