- 13 May 1612:54 PMThe news of resignation of auditors and total debt ballooning to Rs 20,000 crore for textile major Alok Industries may have drawn readers' attention. However, the problem has already been compounding for past many years.
- 25 Oct 1504:06 AMFederal Bank is having a surge in bad debt problems.
- 04 Dec 1412:17 PMShares in Alok Industries have moved higher by 12% to Rs 12.21 after multiple block deals executed on the counter in early morning deals on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) and BSE.
- 20 Nov 1401:08 PMAlok Industries is up 5% and is quoting at Rs 12 on the BSE after the company decides to raise Rs 2,000 crore in the next two years by selling its Store 21, and well as land in Mumbai, Vapi and Silvassa.12:45 AMAlok Industries is considering raising Rs 2,000 crore in the next two years by selling its Store 21, and well as land in Mumbai, Vapi and Silvassa.
- 03 May 1302:29 AMAlok Industries and Arvind Ltd (formerly Arvind Mills), two major textile companies, are likely to see a better quarter as cotton prices during the fourth quarter of FY13 have remained stable at around Rs 10,000 a quintal and synthetic fibre prices have
- 10 Jan 1312:49 AMTextile major Alok Industries is looking at exiting its retail ventures as it wants to focus on its ‘core businesses’ and shift from non-core businesses such as retail which have increased its debt burden.
- 10 Dec 1201:15 AMTextile major Alok Industries has exited, for a loss, its five-year-old real estate investment in an office building at the Lower Parel area of this city.
- 12 Nov 1205:13 PMTextile company Alok Industries today reported 283.02% growth in net profit at Rs 289.62 crore on a standalone basis for the quarter ended September 30, compared to the same period last year.
- 05 Oct 1212:23 AMOn September 25, Alok Industries announced a rights issue of Rs 551 crore.
- 04 Oct 1210:35 AMAlok Industries announced Rs 551-crore Rights Issue on September 25. While this is not good news for shareholders as there could be around 30 per cent dilution (assuming the company raises at current market price), it will indirectly benefit the company
- 22 Sep 1212:30 AMIdle capacity and deferment of expansion summarise the current state of the apparel retail industry, in the midst of a slowdown.
- 28 Aug 1202:38 PMAlok Industries has tanked 29% to Rs 11, its lowest level since May 2003 on back of huge volumes. The stock opened at Rs 15.40 and hit a high of Rs 15.45 on the NSE.
- 17 Aug 1212:17 AMIntegrated textiles company Alok Industries plans to shut 45 non-profitable stores of its domestic retail business ‘H&A’, Chief Financial Officer Sunil Khandewal said here on Thursday.
- 14 Aug 1202:23 PMIts net profit for the April-June quarter last fiscal was Rs 58.96 crore, the company said in a release issued here.
- 22 May 1204:38 PMAlok Industries closed with gains of 3.3 per cent even as broader markets were flattish.01:02 AMIntegrated textiles company Alok Industries on Monday reported 77.73 per cent growth in net profit after tax to Rs 283.50 crore for the quarter ending March 31. Profit after tax during 2010-11 stood at Rs 159.59 crore, the company said.
- 15 Aug 1112:36 AMEven bigwigs couldn’t escape the uneasy spin around them this time.12:29 AMA fluctuating cotton and other raw material costs seem to have taken a toll on bottomline of textile companies for the first quarter.
- 21 Jun 1109:37 AMThe shares of textiles companies such as Alok Industries, Arvind Ltd, Welspun India and Suryajyoti Spinning Mills are trading higher in the range of 2-4% after a sharp decline in cotton prices.