- 21 Jan 1502:32 PMCigarattes to FMCG major ITC posted a net profit of Rs 2,635 crore, a growth of 10.5% on year-on-year basis. which was below street expectation.01:15 PMShares of ITC has dipped 4% to Rs 356 on NSE after reporting 10.5% year on year (yoy) growth in net profit at Rs 2,635 crore for the third quarter ended December 31, 2014 (Q3). The cigarette major had profit of Rs 2,385 crore in a year ago quarter.12:44 PMDiversified group ITC today reported a Q3 net profit of Rs 2,635 crore compared to Rs 2,385 crore in the year-ago period, an uptick of 10.5%.
- 15 Jan 1502:29 AMITC Limited, a multi-business conglomerate with diversified presence in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), hotels, paperboards and packaging, agri-business and information technology, plans to set up a manufacturing unit in the state.
- 14 Jan 1509:24 AMShares of cigarette makers such as ITC, VST Industries and Godfrey Philips are trading lower by up to 4% on reports that the government moved to amend the anti-smoking law and proposed radical changes.
- 10 Jan 1512:09 AMSuccession planning at ITC appears to be gaining traction, with the latest reshuffle in portfolios of top executives. Executive directors Kurush Grant and P V Dhobale’s portfolios have been interchanged.
- 29 Dec 1412:37 PMThe stock performance of ITC, which enjoys the highest weightage in both the benchmark indices S&P BSE Sensex and the Nifty 50, has been a disappointment.
- 08 Dec 1410:39 AMITC, a fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) major, has become the second-most valuable Indian company, surpasses refineries giants- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Reliance Industries - in overall market capitalization (m-cap) ranking.12:12 AMIn the early autumn of 1910, sitting in the narrow confines of his modest office in Radha Bazar Street, Calcutta, it would have been impossible for the lone expatriate manager to even imagine what history would have in store for the company he
- 05 Dec 1411:22 AMShares of ITC has touched a record high of Rs 390, up nearly 2%, extending its previous day’s 5.5% rally on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), after media reports suggests that the government was reconsidering a proposal to ban sale of loose
- 04 Dec 1410:41 AMShares of cigarette companies such as ITC, Godfrey Phillips India and VST Industries are trading higher by up to 5% on reports that a Health Ministry proposal to ban sale of loose cigarettes is likely to be put on hold.12:58 AMThe big boys of India's traditional retail have finally come together to fight the onslaught of their online counterparts.12:46 AMThe Narendra Modi-led government wants to distance itself from the “activism&" shown by Harsh Vardhan during his five-month tenure as the health minister on the issue of banning sale of loose cigarettes.
- 27 Nov 1401:36 AMRegulatory risks for ITC remain elevated, despite the change of guard at the health ministry in New Delhi.12:40 AMAfter leveraging offshore technical talents in India through its technology partner, ITC Infotech, Danske Bank, Denmark’s largest lender, has now decided to start its own captive technology centre in the country.
- 25 Nov 1406:08 PMShares of cigarette manufacturers led by market leader ITC Ltd plunged on Tuesday after the government accepted a new tougher framework for sale tobacco, including ban on sale of loose cigarettes.02:35 PMShares of cigarette companies ITC, Godfrey Phillips India and VST Industries have tanked up to 11% in late noon deal on reports that the Health Ministry has accepted the recommendation of expert panel to ban the sale of loose cigarettes.02:25 PMThe health ministry has accepted the recommendation of an internal panel to ban the sale of single cigarettes, Health Minister J P Nadda said in a statement in the upper house on Tuesday.
- 20 Nov 1412:40 AMITC launched the campaign, 'Made for each other', in 1965, for Wills (Navy Cut), to mark a paradigm shift in product development - a filter that enhanced taste.
- 18 Nov 1408:12 PMITC and other tobacco-buying companies may raise the price of tobacco bought from tobacco growers.