- 26 May 1602:07 PMITC has moved higher to its 52-week high of Rs 360, up 1%. It has extended its 9.5% rally in past four trading sessions on the BSE, after the company reported a better than expected results for the quarter ended March 2016 (Q4FY16).
- 24 May 1606:00 AMStop-shorts at 7,800. Stop-long positions at 7,660. Big moves could go till 7,850, 7,600. A long 7,700p (11), long 7,800c (19) would breakeven at 7,670, 7,830 and it could make serious gains if there is one big session in the next three.
- 23 May 1609:43 AMITC has rallied 7.5% to Rs 355 in early morning trade, extending its Friday’s 1.5% gain on the BSE after reporting a better-than-expected performance for the quarter ended March 31, 2016 (Q4FY16).12:50 AMThe fourth quarter results of consumer goods companies for 2015-16 show an improvement in volume growth for most, barring Hindustan Unilever (HUL), which grew only four per cent. Most others grew their volumes between six and 13 per cent.
- 21 May 1605:22 AMFlattish growth in cigarette volumes, estimated at 0-2 per cent, was a key surprise in ITC’s March quarter (Q4) results, given that expectations were of a three-four per cent decline.12:50 AMA man talks on his mobile phone as he walks past an ITC office building in KolkataITC Ltd posted a net profit of Rs 2,495.20 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2016, against Rs 2,361.18 crore on a standalone basis — a rise of 5.6 per cent.
- 20 May 1604:10 PMThe company had posted a net profit of Rs 2,361.18 crore during January-March quarter a year ago.03:31 PMITC moved higher by 4% to Rs 337 on the BSE after the cigarette maker announced a bonus issue in a ratio of 1:2.“The board has recommended issue of bonus shares in the proportion of 1 bonus share of Rs 1 each for every existing 2 fully paid-up12:50 AMConsumer goods conglomerate ITC will be setting up eight new integrated food processing units by 2019, with investments in excess of Rs 4,000 crore.
- 09 May 1602:35 PMIndia's biggest cigarette maker, ITC, said on Monday it had resumed production in phases, complying with new rules on pictorial warnings from the federal government.
- 08 May 1607:34 PMDiversified group ITC Ltd on Sunday said it is progressively resuming production of cigarettes.
- 06 May 1601:30 AMFollowing Supreme Court's interim order on Wednesday, asking tobacco companies to comply with the Union health ministry's directive to print tobacco packs with 85% health warnings, cigarette major ITC has shut its factories.
- 05 May 1612:41 AMThe Supreme Court on Wednesday asked domestic tobacco companies to adhere to the directive mandating 85 per cent pictorial warnings on products.
- 30 Apr 1612:43 AMDiversified Indian business conglomerate ITC's chairman, Y C Deveshwar, on Friday said the government must have a 25-year plan to curtail smoking as there were 48 million people dependent on the tobacco sector and they would have to get alternative12:41 AMITC is shifting its headquarters of Rs 8,000-crore agri-business division, currently at Hyderabad, to Guntur, along with a plan to expand into new commodities, including food-safe spices and millets.
- 29 Apr 1605:30 PMITC Hotels is coming up with a 144-keys upscale hotel in Guntur in Andhra Pradesh while it laid the foundation stone on Friday.
- 26 Apr 1609:36 AMShares of cigarette makers such as ITC, Godfrey Philips, Golden Tobacco and VST Industries have dropped by up to 12% on the BSE in early morning trade on reports that the government is working on a proposal to completely ban foreign direct investment
- 16 Apr 1602:19 AMAfter halting tobacco production for 15 days following a new ministerial directive calling for covering 85 per cent of the cigarette package area with health warning, cigarettes to FMCG company ITC will soon resume production of cigarettes, the company
- 15 Apr 1612:45 AMITC has reshuffled some of its senior managerial staff in the cigarettes, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), distribution and personal care divisions.
- 08 Apr 1605:29 AMStock is trading near its highest Put strike.