- 30 Apr 1612:43 AMDiversified Indian business conglomerate ITC's chairman, Y C Deveshwar, on Friday said the government must have a 25-year plan to curtail smoking as there were 48 million people dependent on the tobacco sector and they would have to get alternative12:41 AMITC is shifting its headquarters of Rs 8,000-crore agri-business division, currently at Hyderabad, to Guntur, along with a plan to expand into new commodities, including food-safe spices and millets.
- 29 Apr 1605:30 PMITC Hotels is coming up with a 144-keys upscale hotel in Guntur in Andhra Pradesh while it laid the foundation stone on Friday.
- 26 Apr 1609:36 AMShares of cigarette makers such as ITC, Godfrey Philips, Golden Tobacco and VST Industries have dropped by up to 12% on the BSE in early morning trade on reports that the government is working on a proposal to completely ban foreign direct investment
- 16 Apr 1602:19 AMAfter halting tobacco production for 15 days following a new ministerial directive calling for covering 85 per cent of the cigarette package area with health warning, cigarettes to FMCG company ITC will soon resume production of cigarettes, the company
- 15 Apr 1612:45 AMITC has reshuffled some of its senior managerial staff in the cigarettes, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), distribution and personal care divisions.
- 08 Apr 1605:29 AMStock is trading near its highest Put strike.12:41 AMITC, the cigarettes to hospitality major, said on Thursday it had renewed a 40-year partnership with Starwood Hotels & Resorts for 11 luxury hotels and another under the Sheraton brand, while agreements had been signed to extend the collaboration for
- 07 Apr 1604:31 AMThe production freeze by ITC, VST Industries, and Godfrey Phillips India, due to the new rule (bigger pictorial warnings on cigarette packs) might not hit their near-term performance.
- 06 Apr 1603:42 PMFMCG major ITC today said it has adequate cigarette stocks available in the market despite shutting all its manufacturing in the wake of the government rule that requires larger pictorial warnings on packets.
- 05 Apr 1605:06 PMIndia's health ministry has ordered government agencies to enforce a new rule for bigger health warnings on tobacco packets, stepping up a fight against the $10 billion cigarette industry that has shut down its factories in protest.12:22 AMAs cigarette manufacturers shut operations seeking clarity over the government's directive for bigger health warnings on packets, prices of certain brands have risen between 6 and 25 per cent.
- 04 Apr 1611:47 AMShares of ITC were down 1.7% at Rs 330 on the Bombay Stock Exchange after the company announced the closure of its cigarette factories with effect from April 1, 2016 until clarity emerges in the current uncertain state of the rules on health warning.
- 24 Mar 1611:28 PMFMCG to cigarettes major ITC Ltd on Thursday said it has completed the full acquisition of Technico Agri Sciences Ltd (TASL), a company owned by its direct subsidiary, Technico Pty Limited (TPL), Australia for a cash value of Rs 121 crore.
- 22 Mar 1605:30 AMStop-short positions at 16,050. Stop-long positions at 15,835. Big moves could go till 16,250, 15,650. Uptrend could continue.
- 20 Mar 1604:28 PMFMCG major ITC on Sunday said that sales of its instant noodles brand Yippee are recovering and its market share has risen to anywhere between 30 and 40 per cent.
- 02 Mar 1610:42 PMThe stocks of cigarette majors ITC and Godfrey Phillips came off their peaks on Wednesday, settling at Rs 319 and 1,159 a share on the BSE exchange. This came after shares of the companies rose for two straight days, with the highest gain seen on Tuesday.
- 01 Mar 1611:29 AMDefying a hike in excise duty on tobacco products, the ITC stock on Tuesday opened Rs 9 higher than its Monday closing price on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- 11 Feb 1603:20 AMCigarettes to consumer goods major ITC Ltd on Wednesday unveiled three major projects in West Bengal, where it is headquartered, which could mean an investment of nearly Rs 3,000 crore.
- 28 Dec 1502:57 AMHindustan Unilever (HUL) and ITC, two of the biggest consumer goods companies in India, are set to square off in health care, a category that is rapidly gaining traction.