- 25 Nov 1406:08 PMShares of cigarette manufacturers led by market leader ITC Ltd plunged on Tuesday after the government accepted a new tougher framework for sale tobacco, including ban on sale of loose cigarettes.02:35 PMShares of cigarette companies ITC, Godfrey Phillips India and VST Industries have tanked up to 11% in late noon deal on reports that the Health Ministry has accepted the recommendation of expert panel to ban the sale of loose cigarettes.02:25 PMThe health ministry has accepted the recommendation of an internal panel to ban the sale of single cigarettes, Health Minister J P Nadda said in a statement in the upper house on Tuesday.
- 20 Nov 1412:40 AMITC launched the campaign, 'Made for each other', in 1965, for Wills (Navy Cut), to mark a paradigm shift in product development - a filter that enhanced taste.
- 18 Nov 1408:12 PMITC and other tobacco-buying companies may raise the price of tobacco bought from tobacco growers.
- 10 Nov 1402:18 PMShares of fast moving consumer goods companies (FMCG) are in demand and trading higher by up to 7% in otherwise subdued market.11:52 AMShares of the country’s largest cigarette maker ITC is trading higher by 3% at Rs 367 on National Stock Exchange (NSE) in otherwise subdued market on back of heavy volumes.The stock opened at Rs 356 and touched a high of Rs 368 on NSE so ar.03:38 AMConsumer goods companies are beginning to turn a corner, with the July-September quarter numbers showing signs of a revival.
- 06 Nov 1408:52 PMThe Telangana government today said multi-business conglomerate ITC Limited was planning to expand its operations in the state across hospitality, food and paper sectors.
- 04 Nov 1404:46 AMPrices of key raw materials such as palm oil, mentha oil and crude oil were down 11-23 per cent year-on-year in the July-September quarter. Packaging costs, which accounts for about 15-20 per cent of the cost of goods sold, are also cooling off.
- 31 Oct 1409:29 PMITC's cigarettes business continued to post strong margin gains in the second quarter of FY15, excluding one-offs.
- 30 Oct 1412:18 AMIndia’s largest cigarette manufacturer ITC’s plan to develop a market for e-cigarettes might hit a roadblock with the Union health ministry planning to impose a ban on all products described as “Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- 09 Oct 1409:36 PMConsumer stocks are back in favour. The BSE FMCG Index has risen 10 per cent in three months, while the Sensex has risen five per cent in the same period.
- 01 Oct 1402:55 AMGrowth in cigarette sales helped tobacco and hospitality major ITC report a net profit of Rs 2,425 crore in the July-September quarter — a rise of 8.7 per cent.
- 23 Sep 1406:16 PMThe government is keeping all options open, including floating an Exchange Traded Fund, for selling stakes in companies like L&T and ITC held through SUUTI, Finance Secretary Arvind Mayaram said today.
- 12 Sep 1411:04 AMRiding on a stock market boom since 2009, India Inc's chief executives have been able to salvage a lot of their lost pride in their second innings.
- 09 Sep 1405:47 AMRealty major DLF, engineering behemoth Larsen and Toubro (L&T) and FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) giant ITC are among the eight ‘conviction ideas’ of Goldman Sachs according to a September 2014 report.12:44 AMTwo decades after joining Imperial Tobacco Company as a "management pupil" in 1948, Ajit Narain Haksar, a Harvard Business School alumnus, became its first Indian chairman.
- 01 Sep 1412:58 AMTobacco-to-hotels conglomerate, ITC, has finalised a blueprint for its own brand of 'white revolution'.
- 24 Aug 1412:55 PMTobacco-to-FMCG conglomerate ITC has replaced Tata group's IT giant TCS as the country's most admired company on a Fortune magazine list, which has got as many as 19 new entrants including Cognizant, Birla group firm Idea Cellular and discom BSES Rajdhani