- 08 Dec 1410:39 AMITC, a fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) major, has become the second-most valuable Indian company, surpasses refineries giants- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Reliance Industries - in overall market capitalization (m-cap) ranking.12:12 AMIn the early autumn of 1910, sitting in the narrow confines of his modest office in Radha Bazar Street, Calcutta, it would have been impossible for the lone expatriate manager to even imagine what history would have in store for the company he
- 05 Dec 1411:22 AMShares of ITC has touched a record high of Rs 390, up nearly 2%, extending its previous day’s 5.5% rally on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), after media reports suggests that the government was reconsidering a proposal to ban sale of loose
- 04 Dec 1410:41 AMShares of cigarette companies such as ITC, Godfrey Phillips India and VST Industries are trading higher by up to 5% on reports that a Health Ministry proposal to ban sale of loose cigarettes is likely to be put on hold.12:58 AMThe big boys of India's traditional retail have finally come together to fight the onslaught of their online counterparts.12:46 AMThe Narendra Modi-led government wants to distance itself from the “activism&" shown by Harsh Vardhan during his five-month tenure as the health minister on the issue of banning sale of loose cigarettes.
- 27 Nov 1401:36 AMRegulatory risks for ITC remain elevated, despite the change of guard at the health ministry in New Delhi.12:40 AMAfter leveraging offshore technical talents in India through its technology partner, ITC Infotech, Danske Bank, Denmark’s largest lender, has now decided to start its own captive technology centre in the country.
- 25 Nov 1406:08 PMShares of cigarette manufacturers led by market leader ITC Ltd plunged on Tuesday after the government accepted a new tougher framework for sale tobacco, including ban on sale of loose cigarettes.02:35 PMShares of cigarette companies ITC, Godfrey Phillips India and VST Industries have tanked up to 11% in late noon deal on reports that the Health Ministry has accepted the recommendation of expert panel to ban the sale of loose cigarettes.02:25 PMThe health ministry has accepted the recommendation of an internal panel to ban the sale of single cigarettes, Health Minister J P Nadda said in a statement in the upper house on Tuesday.
- 20 Nov 1412:40 AMITC launched the campaign, 'Made for each other', in 1965, for Wills (Navy Cut), to mark a paradigm shift in product development - a filter that enhanced taste.
- 18 Nov 1408:12 PMITC and other tobacco-buying companies may raise the price of tobacco bought from tobacco growers.
- 10 Nov 1402:18 PMShares of fast moving consumer goods companies (FMCG) are in demand and trading higher by up to 7% in otherwise subdued market.11:52 AMShares of the country’s largest cigarette maker ITC is trading higher by 3% at Rs 367 on National Stock Exchange (NSE) in otherwise subdued market on back of heavy volumes.The stock opened at Rs 356 and touched a high of Rs 368 on NSE so ar.03:38 AMConsumer goods companies are beginning to turn a corner, with the July-September quarter numbers showing signs of a revival.
- 06 Nov 1408:52 PMThe Telangana government today said multi-business conglomerate ITC Limited was planning to expand its operations in the state across hospitality, food and paper sectors.
- 04 Nov 1404:46 AMPrices of key raw materials such as palm oil, mentha oil and crude oil were down 11-23 per cent year-on-year in the July-September quarter. Packaging costs, which accounts for about 15-20 per cent of the cost of goods sold, are also cooling off.
- 31 Oct 1409:29 PMITC's cigarettes business continued to post strong margin gains in the second quarter of FY15, excluding one-offs.
- 30 Oct 1412:18 AMIndia’s largest cigarette manufacturer ITC’s plan to develop a market for e-cigarettes might hit a roadblock with the Union health ministry planning to impose a ban on all products described as “Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems