- 04 Jul 1612:52 PMThe Madras High Court has issued an interim order, restraining automobile major Bajaj Auto and others from an advertisement which allegedly disparages the TVS Motors' product TVS XL 100 by comparing the fuel efficiency on the basis of false figures.11:22 AMMotorcycle sales during the month fell 5% to 2,73,298 units from 2,87,582 in June last year, the company said in a BSE filing.
- 20 Jun 1612:57 AMA 50 Naira note. Photo: FlickrThe Naira’s devaluation this week in one of Africa’s largest markets, Nigeria, spells trouble for some big Indian companies operating there.
- 06 Jun 1610:22 PMBikes image via ShutterstockHaving moderated in May, the two-wheeler sector's growth is expected to rebound on the monsoon and new launches in the current financial year (FY17).
- 04 Jun 1610:17 AMINS Vikrant being dismantled at a ship breaking yard in MumbaiMarch 4, 1976. The frantic cries of "Brakes, brakes, brakes" were like a silent cacophony that somehow eluded Commander Peter Debrass' ears.
- 02 Jun 1601:28 PMBajaj Auto today reported a 2% increase in motorcycle sales at 3,07,344 units for May as compared with 3,01,862 units in the year-ago month.
- 29 May 1610:02 AMEyeing 25% share in the Indian motorcycle market, Pune-based Bajaj Auto will invest Rs 575 crore this fiscal, a major chunk of which will be used for launch of new products.
- 26 May 1605:29 AMAfter two lacklustre quarters, Bajaj Auto on Wednesday took the Street by surprise, especially on the revenue and operating fronts.12:39 AMTwo-wheeler manufacturer Bajaj Auto reported a 29 per cent increase in net profit for the quarter ended March 31, 2016, riding on a 12 per cent growth in motorcycle sales and benign raw material prices.
- 25 May 1602:19 PMBajaj Auto has moved higher by 5% to Rs 2,505 on the BSE after the company reported 29% year on year (YoY) jump with net profit at Rs 803 crore for the quarter ended March 2016 (Q4FY16), on the back of strong operational performance.
- 18 May 1612:27 AMA little over a month after Euro NCAP awarded one star safety rating to the Bajaj Qute, India's only quadricycle, Bajaj Auto managing director Rajiv Bajaj criticized NCAP's stand on safety.
- 10 May 1608:56 AMNifty held on to the 'Run Away Gap' support area near Rs 7,700 & saw a strong rebound. The occurrence of multiple Doji's at the reversal zone augurs well for the termination of the existing correction.06:00 AMStop-long positions at 16,680. Stop-short positions at 16,880. Big moves could go till 17,050, 16,500. Uptrend could hit resistance at 16,850-16,900 (futures price).
- 06 May 1605:35 AMNifty ended the session near the 'Run Away Gap' area which is expected to provide some support. The occurrence of ‘Doji’ at the reversal zone augurs well for the termination of the existing correction.
- 04 May 1612:32 AMBajaj V15After a two-year gap, Pune-based two- and three-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto has regained its third rank, in terms of number of units sold, displacing Chennai-based TVS Motor.
- 22 Apr 1605:30 AMNifty saw a strong rebound from the immediate support of 7,500 as it resumed its up move. It breached above the oscillating range of 7,750-7,500 with a 'Run Away Gap' reinstating the bullish momentum.
- 21 Apr 1602:33 AMConsumer organisations have written to Bajaj Auto Managing Director Rajiv Bajaj expressing safety concerns over the crash test results of the Qute.
- 19 Apr 1604:02 PMBajaj Auto on Tuesday said that it aims to sell three lakh three-wheelers in the current fiscal, a growth of over 17% over the last fiscal.
- 13 Apr 1601:22 PMShares of automobiles companies are in top gear with the Nifty Auto index touching over four month high after "above average" monsoon forecast by the Indian Metrological Department (IMD) raised expectations of higher demand going12:30 AMUntimely and scanty rain hit rural incomes in 2015-16, putting pressure on two-wheeler companies, which saw a fall for the first time since 2007-08 in motorcycle sales.