- 26 Sep 1412:40 AMAditya Birla Group company Hindalco is set to pay a Rs 500- crore fine after the Supreme Court cancelled the coal blocks, Talabira I and Mahan, allotted to the company and levied a Rs 295 a tonne penalty on all coal blocks in production till now.
- 25 Sep 1412:45 AMWith the Supreme Court giving a final verdict on the coal block issue, cancelling all allocations it deemed illegal, Hindalco Industries says it's up to the central government to mend matters.
- 22 Sep 1412:06 PMCBI today sought more time to give clarifications to a Delhi court in connection with its closure report in the coal block allocation case involving top industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla and others.
- 17 Sep 1404:42 AMIn the wake of uncertainty over access to cheaper raw material, it makes sense for Hindalco Industries to postpone its plans to raise Rs 5,000 crore, analysts said on Tuesday.02:35 AMThe concerns on copper and aluminium major Hindalco’s domestic operations continue to increase.
- 16 Sep 1412:49 AMThe Jharkhand government has shut five bauxite mines of Hindalco Industries, flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group.
- 10 Sep 1412:38 AMThe government is likely to cancel the approvals granted to nine companies, including Hindalco Industries, Essar and Adani, for setting up special economic zones (SEZs) later this month, because no work has been done to execute the projects.
- 04 Sep 1412:53 PMJindal Steel & Power and Hindalco have lost between 3.5-4% on the BSE on concerns that the Supreme Court may de-allocate the mines allotted several years ago to both these companies.
- 02 Sep 1412:15 AMA special court on Monday asked CBI to clarify whether the “rule of law&" was followed in the allocation of coal blocks to top industrialist Kumar Mangalam Birla's Hindalco.
- 30 Aug 1412:46 AMBauxite mining by Aditya Birla owned Hindalco Industries has came to a grinding halt in the Mali Parbat area near Semiliguda in south Odisha's Koraput district with the district administration imposing prohibitory orders under Section 144 of CrPC.
- 26 Aug 1412:49 AMThe Supreme Court order terming coal block allocations since 1993 "illegal" has raised the spectre of cancellation over the natural resource-linked sector.
- 25 Aug 1402:46 PMMetal stocks lost ground on Monday with the S&P BSE Metal index losing over 3% in intra-day deals after the Supreme Court (SC) held that guidelines were breached in coal block allocation during the previous government’s (United Progressive12:11 PMThe Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said on Monday it would close a coal scam case against billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla and a former top bureaucrat that surfaced in 2012 after a government auditor's report.
- 15 Aug 1412:36 AMAluminium major Hindalco's net profit declined 31 per cent to Rs 347 crore in the June quarter compared to last year on lower margins in the aluminium business and higher power and interest costs.12:13 AMAditya Birla Group company Hindalco on Thursday announced a 37 per cent rise in revenue for the quarter ended June at Rs 7,996 crore, compared with Rs 5,838 crore in the corresponding period last year.
- 17 Jul 1405:44 PMMetal stocks gained ground on Thursday with the S&P BSE Metal index rallying nearly 2.5 per cent and outperforming the benchmark indices - the S&P BSE Sensex and the CNX Nifty - that ended flat after remaining range-bound for most part of the day.
- 15 Jul 1405:30 PMShares of aluminium major Hindalco have risen 24% over the last six months, on expectations of a robust growth in earnings in the first quarter of the current fiscal.
- 02 Jul 1412:35 AMHindalco shares hit a 35-month high of Rs 177.10 on Tuesday before closing 6.8 per cent higher at Rs 175 apiece, as research firm CLSA upgraded the stock from 'sell' to 'buy'.
- 01 Jul 1410:06 AMHindalco Industries has rallied 7% to Rs 176, also its highest level since July 2011 on NSE, after CLSA upgraded the stock to buy from sell rating with a target price of Rs 215.Brokerage house CLSA forecast stock will double in 4 years on
- 02 Jun 1412:49 AMDebnarayan BhattacharyaIn the past five years, Aditya Birla Group metal flagship Hindalco Industries spent Rs 35,000 crore to increase aluminium production capacity to 1.3 million tonnes from 0.6 mt.