- 29 Apr 1612:15 PMA Special CBI court here charged Naveen Jindal, Chairman of Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL) with criminal conspiracy in the case of inappropriate allocation of Amarkonda coal block in Jharkhand to his two firms.04:55 AMSajjan Jindal’s JSW Energy could be renegotiating a proposal to buy a 1,000-Mw power plant in Chhattisgarh from his brother Naveen Jindal’s Jindal Steel & Power (JSPL).
- 28 Apr 1606:32 PMThe union mines ministry has convened a meeting of the Post Auction Mining Clearances and Approvals Facilitatoron May 10 to expedite clearances of the mineral blocks already auctioned by states.02:34 PMTough market conditions saw a drop in steel capacity utilisation for Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL), JSW Steel and Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) in 2015-16. Tata Steel, Essar Steel and government-controlled Steel Authority of India, however,
- 20 Apr 1612:14 PMShares of metal companies are continued trading higher on the bourses on expectation of improvement in earnings and margins on a sequential basis for the quarter ended March 2016 (Q4FY16).
- 13 Apr 1612:32 AMFollowing a petition from domestic steel producers, the Directorate General of Anti-Dumping & Allied Duties (DGAD, part of the department of commerce) has begun an investigation into import of hot-rolled (HR) coils, sheets and plates from six
- 08 Apr 1606:12 PMThe state government has cut the quantum of water allocated originally to Jindal Stainless Ltd (JSL), NTPC Ltd and Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (JSPL) as it looks to conserve water and avoid its wastage.
- 06 Apr 1605:18 PMIndia's cabinet on Wednesday raised a credit line to Iran to $450 million as New Delhi aims to boost trade ties with Tehran after the lifting of international sanctions.
- 05 Apr 1604:48 AMJindal Steel & Power (JSPL) on Monday honoured its repayment commitment to asset management companies ICICI Prudential and Reliance. The debt-laden steelmaker paid Rs 235 crore to ICICI Prudential AMC and Rs 50 crore to Reliance Mutual Fund (MF).
- 22 Mar 1602:54 PMJindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) has commissioned a 1.4 mtpa Rebar Mill at Sohar, Oman.
- 21 Mar 1612:20 AMWith another tranche of Jindal Steel & Power (JSPL) bonds amounting to Rs 300 crore coming for redemption on April 4, fund houses are worried whether they will get repaid.
- 17 Mar 1612:34 PMShares of select steel companies were trading over 1% higher on the Bombay Stock Exchange after the Directorate General of Safeguards in the Central Board of Excise and Customs has recommended extending the duty on hot-rolled flat products of non-alloy
- 12 Mar 1603:32 AMMounting pressure in its core steel and power businesses and high debt accumulated to fund expansions have resulted in regular downgrades of Jindal Steel and Power (JSPL)’s credit ratings, raising doubts over its ability to pay interest and loans.
- 10 Mar 1612:22 AMJindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) is considering various debt restructuring options, including the 5/25 scheme, to deal with rising debt obligations.
- 26 Feb 1601:13 PMSuspense prevailed over the reports that Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) had bagged a portion of order to supply rails to Iran for a major railroad expansion plan.
- 17 Nov 1501:35 AMJindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL)’s consolidated performance for the September quarter was marginally better than Street expectations.
- 28 Oct 1502:27 PMThe 260-meter rail produced by the Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) would power company’s plan to enter into Indian Railways market dominated by the state-run Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL).
- 06 Oct 1512:41 AMThe financial metrics, including debt coverage ratios and the market value, of Jindal Steel and Power (JSPL) has declined sharply in the past six months, worrying its bankers and mutual fund (MF) lenders.
- 03 Oct 1509:48 PMJindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) has flagged off, what it claimed, India’s longest ever rails measuring 260 metres to the Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited (DFCCIL).
- 19 Sep 1512:47 AMJindal Steel and Power Limited chairman Naveen Jindal, a businessman-turned-politician, had been in the news because of the challenges he faced following the cancellation of the coal blocks.