- 25 Nov 1412:44 AMJindal Steel and Power Ltd has shelved a $10 billion coal-to-diesel project, its chairman told Reuters, becoming the first big casualty of a Supreme Court (SC) decision to scrap coalfields allocated to private firms since 1993.Jindal Steel’s 1.5
- 21 Nov 1412:18 AMInvestments worth Rs 1.09 lakh crore have been grounded in the steel sector in Odisha.
- 05 Nov 1411:39 AMShares of Jindal-controlled Jindal Steel & Power (JSPL) fell nearly 2% to Rs 167 on the NSE after the company reported a 12% decline in consolidated profit after tax at Rs 400 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2014, primarily due to a12:30 AMNaveen Jindal-controlled Jindal Steel & Power (JSPL) has reported a 12 per cent fall in consolidated profit after tax at Rs 400 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2014, primarily due to a 53 per cent increase in interest and depreciation
- 28 Oct 1403:40 PMJindal Steel and Power today said it will invest around $2 billion to raise capacity of its Oman-based wholly-owned subsidiary Shadeed Iron and Steel LLC by 2.5 million tonnes per annum over the next 3-4 years.
- 27 Oct 1409:30 AMJindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) has plunged around 5% on reports about CBI registering a fresh case against the company for alleged diversion of forest land in the state of Jharkhand.
- 23 Oct 1412:15 AMJindal Stainless Ltd (JSL) has filed a special leave petition before the Supreme Court with a request to direct the Odisha government against recommending lease renewal of chromite mines belonging to Tata Steel for the third time.
- 22 Oct 1412:49 AMGearing up to participate in the re-auctioning of coal blocks, Jindal Steel & Power is confident of financial support.
- 21 Oct 1409:36 PMThe worst seems over for JSW Steel. Analysts believe most of the issues plaguing the company are in the process of getting resolved and its earnings trajectory will only improve.12:40 AMJSPL's stock ended 8.6 per cent lower at Rs 135.40 on the BSE on Monday. During the day, it tumbled 13.6 per cent to Rs 128 - its 52-week low.
- 20 Oct 1403:44 AMIn a fresh blow to Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL), promoted by Naveen Jindal, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has registered a case for alleged cheating and criminal conspiracy related to one of its largest functional coal mines in
- 14 Oct 1412:36 AMThis article has been modified. Please see the correction at the bottom.
- 06 Oct 1412:59 PMJSW Steel Ltd, India's third-largest steelmaker, is in talks to buy Sierra Leone-focused iron ore miner London Mining Plc, two people with knowledge of the matter said.
- 29 Sep 1409:35 PMJindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) has seen its market cap erode by half, thanks to adverse news flow about coal blocks since June this year.
- 27 Sep 1412:29 AMRating agency Icra on Friday revised ratings debentures and for bank lines and debt instruments of Jindal Steel & Power Ltd and Jindal Power Ltd, following the Supreme Court's verdict cancelling coal blocks allotted to the entities.
- 26 Sep 1412:46 AMWith the Supreme Court (SC) cancelling captive coal block allocations, Jindal Steel & Power Limited will be the worst-affected company. It has three operating mines in Chhattisgarh with 12 million tonne capacity and six blocks yet to start production.
- 25 Sep 1408:21 PMJSW Energy Ltd has agreed to buy three hydropower plants from Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd , two local television channels reported on Thursday. Financial terms of the deal were not mentioned.
- 24 Sep 1402:46 PMJindal Steel and Power (JSPL) has dipped 15% to Rs 180, its lowest level since March 2009 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), after the Supreme Court today cancelled all coal block allocations except for government-run blocks that operate on a non-JV
- 14 Sep 1410:35 AMIn the face of growing coal imports, energy-hungry India needs to develop more coal blocks and reaffirm the faith of corporate sector in government decisions to ensure continued flow of investments from private sector, Naveen Jindal, chairman of Jindal
- 04 Sep 1406:10 PMJindal Steel and Power Chairman Naveen Jindal today said that about Rs 4 lakh crore investment made to develop coal mines would be in jeopardy if the blocks be deallocated.