- 14 Sep 1410:35 AMIn the face of growing coal imports, energy-hungry India needs to develop more coal blocks and reaffirm the faith of corporate sector in government decisions to ensure continued flow of investments from private sector, Naveen Jindal, chairman of Jindal
- 04 Sep 1406:10 PMJindal Steel and Power Chairman Naveen Jindal today said that about Rs 4 lakh crore investment made to develop coal mines would be in jeopardy if the blocks be deallocated.12:53 PMJindal Steel & Power and Hindalco have lost between 3.5-4% on the BSE on concerns that the Supreme Court may de-allocate the mines allotted several years ago to both these companies.
- 26 Aug 1409:37 AMJindal Steel and Power (JSPL) has dipped 8% to Rs 233, extending its previous day’s fall, after Supreme Court (SC) on Monday declared that coal blocks allocated between 1993 and 2010 as illegal.05:36 AMThe Supreme Court's (SC) decision on coal block allocations since July 1993 hit investor optimism that the new government will be able to facilitate faster clearances.12:53 AMJindal Steel and Power Limited, one of the largest players in steel market in India, plans to strengthen its presence in the Punjab retail market.
- 25 Aug 1402:46 PMMetal stocks lost ground on Monday with the S&P BSE Metal index losing over 3% in intra-day deals after the Supreme Court (SC) held that guidelines were breached in coal block allocation during the previous government’s (United Progressive
- 24 Aug 1412:47 AMJindal Steel Bolivia, an arm of Jindal Steel and Power, has won in excess of $22.5 million arbitration judgement against state-run mining company Empresa Siderurgica del Mutun (ESM).
- 22 Aug 1412:35 AMThe rise in royalty rates for minerals, approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, is good news for states, whose revenues will rise about Rs 4,000 crore on an annual basis.
- 07 Aug 1402:40 PMJindal Steel and Power has rallied 5% to Rs 288 after reporting a better-than-expected consolidated net profit at Rs 418 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 (Q1), due to strong operating performance of standalone steel business.
- 22 Jul 1412:18 AMThe Naveen Jindal owned Jindal Steel and Power, which is in advanced stage of commissioning two million tonne steel-making capacity at Angul, faces an uncertain raw material environment threatening to impede the operationalisation of the plant.
- 14 Jul 1403:44 PMLeading industrialist Naveen Jindal took a whopping Rs 18 crore hit on account of sharp dip in JSPL profit in 2013-14, when his total pay package stood at Rs 36.96 crore.
- 27 Jun 1412:15 AMThe Comptroller & Auditor General of India (CAG) has rapped arbitrary use of emergency provisions under the Land Acquisition Act, 1894, to acquire 7,025 acres of private land in Odisha for 20 companies between 1995 and 2008.The industries that
- 24 Jun 1412:20 PMJindal Steel and Power surged 1.6% to Rs 332 on the BSE after winning a large order to supply nearly 88,000 tonnes of long rails to the Tata–Aldesa joint venture to use in the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor.
- 17 Jun 1402:40 PMAssociation of Power Producers, a body representing private electricity generation companies, has asked the Power Ministry to halt the bidding process for two proposed 4,000 MW ultra mega power projects in Tamil Nadu and Odisha, saying the projects are
- 10 Jun 1412:52 PMThe meeting of inter-ministerial group on coal blocks to look into the issue of bank guarantees related to 61 mines allocated to firms such as ArcelorMittal, Tata Steel and JSPL has been postponed from today to tomorrow.
- 06 Jun 1405:35 AMDoes the stock market expect a rally in global steel prices? The share prices of India’s top steel makers such as Tata Steel, JSW Steel, Steel Authority of India (SAIL) and Jindal Steel & Power have rallied by a little more than 50 per cent from
- 22 May 1406:08 PM"We congratulated chief minister Naveen Patnaik on his fourth term in Odisha and informed him that JSPL is through with Phase-I capacity of 2.5 million tonne.
- 07 May 1412:09 AMThe 540-Mw captive power plant of Jindal Steel and Power Limited (JSPL) in Dongamauha of Raigarh district in Chhattisgarh had become fully operational.The plant has four units of 135-Mw each.
- 06 May 1406:06 PMO P Jindal Group's chairperson emeritus and minister for urban local bodies with the Haryana government Savitri Jindal today inaugurated the 810 Mw captive power plant (CPP) of Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (JSPL) at its steel making site at Angul.