- 22 Sep 1412:57 AMThe Gujarat High Court has asked the state government not to collect stamp duty from various telecom service providers including Tata TeleServices, Bharti Airtel and Reliance Communications on customers' application forms.
- 18 Sep 1406:16 PMTelecom major Bharti Airtel may have to cough up Rs 436 crore for merging Airtel Broadband Services with itself towards differential spectrum cost and migration fee, DoT sources said.
- 09 Sep 1412:50 AMBharti Airtel said on Monday it had sold about 3,500 telecom towers to Eaton Towers across six countries in Africa.The two companies have signed a 10-year contract, and the deal will help Eaton to expand operations in these countries.
- 08 Sep 1411:24 AMBharti Airtel Ltd has agreed to sell more than 3,500 of its mobile phone masts in six African countries to telecommunications tower company Eaton Towers in a bid to cut costs, the companies said on Monday.10:44 AMShares of Bharti Airtel have surged nearly 2% to Rs 407.30 on the BSE in the early trades after reaching a consensus on the sale of its telecom towers in Nigeria for more than $1 billion within the next three weeks.
- 07 Sep 1409:20 AMIrked by the "mischief conduct" of its executives towards customers, a consumer forum here has asked Bharti Airtel Limited to pay Rs five lakh, saying it was a fit case for "punitive damages" to teach the company a "lesson".
- 06 Sep 1401:45 AMAfter a long, while Bharti Airtel is seeing sustained investor interest, as headwinds are seen to be abating in the domestic business. The stock is up 13 per cent over three months and 42 per cent over six months.
- 05 Sep 1401:50 AMMuch has been written about the recent Airtel commercial. In it, a woman boss assigns some work to a male employee, her husband - but still gets back home to cook a meal of his choice. She then sends him pictures of the food, asking him to come home soon.
- 03 Sep 1410:51 AMBharti Airtel has climbed 3% to Rs 404.65, extending its previous day’s nearly 4,2% gain on the BSE , after the company said it's arm signed an agreement to acquire over 2.7 million subscribers of yuMobile.12:42 AMBharti Airtel, the country’s largest cellular telephone operator, with 200-plus million subscribers, is hoping to also tap consumers outside its network with an over-the-top application.
- 01 Sep 1410:39 AMShares of Bharti Airtel were up nearly 2% at Rs 377 after the telecom major's subsidiary entered into a deal to acquire Essar's Group telecom business in Kenya.
- 22 Aug 1401:54 PMBharti Airtel today said it has introduced a cross-network money transfer service in Tanzania by partnering with mobile operator Tigo.
- 19 Aug 1404:40 PMTelecom major Bharti Airtel is in advanced stage talks with American Tower Corporation (ATC) and Eaton Towers for selling its tower assets in several African countries, including Nigeria, Ghana and Uganda, sources aware of the development said.
- 13 Aug 1408:13 PMBharti Airtel may have to surrender excess spectrum in Mumbai service area as the company has marginally crossed maximum airwaves holding cap in the metro following its acquisition of a 4G company founded by US chip maker Qualcomm.
- 11 Aug 1403:44 PMGovernment has issued show cause notices to leading telecom companies--Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Aircel, Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices-- for under reporting their revenue while companies have refuted the charges, the Parliament was informed
- 08 Aug 1407:00 PMThe annual remuneration of telecom major Bharti Airtel's founder-Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal dropped by about 45 lakh or 1.8% to Rs 23.88 crore in last financial year.11:17 AMBharti Airtel has raised about Rs 2,140 crore from a share sale in its unit Bharti Infratel to comply with a rule that requires listed companies to have a minimum 25% public shareholding.
- 07 Aug 1406:42 PMIndia's largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel today raised Rs 2,140 crore by paring 4.5% holding in tower arm Bharti Infratel. The share sale saw sufficient demand from investors helping the company exercise the so-called greenshoe option.
- 06 Aug 1406:42 PMBharti Airtel Africa, a subsidiary of India's largest cellular operator Bharti Airtel, on Wednesday, said it has entered into a partnership financial services institution BGFIBank Group to expand mobile money access to the later's customers in Africa.02:12 PMBharti Airtel has partnered with financial services institution BGFIBank Group to expand mobile money access to the latter's customers in four African countries.