- 20 May 1607:35 PMApple CEO Tim Cook on Friday met Sunil Mittal, chairman of Bharti Airtel, one of India's leading telecommunication companies, which was the first to launch 4G in India and is set to offer it countrywide.
- 19 May 1612:35 AMThe Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) will soon start pre-consultations on net neutrality.
- 13 May 1602:30 PMThe country's telecom industry is split right down the middle as far as mobile broadband technologies in India are concerned. The split is between the 'haves' and the 'have-nots'.12:44 AMBharti Airtel on Thursday said it would implement a benchmark of 1.5 per cent for call drops voluntarily, against the two per cent allowed under the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai)’s prescribed regulations for quality of services.
- 11 May 1606:33 PMTelecom operators owe the government Rs 54,828.25 crore in licence fee, spectrum charges and arrears, of which Rs 44,380.91 crore is under litigation, Parliament was informed today.12:23 PMShares of telecom companies such as Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular and Reliance Communications were trading mixed, erasing most of their early noon gains, after the Supreme Court on Wednesday struck down compensation policy for call drops levied by the
- 09 May 1612:47 AMThree years ago, Bharti Airtel saw a generational shift, with Gopal Vittal taking over as India chief executive officer.
- 06 May 1610:05 AMShares of Bharti Airtel were up over 1% at Rs 359 on the Bombay Stock Exchange in an otherwise weak market after the company announced that it has divested tower assets in Africa.02:12 AMBharti Airtel has entered into an agreement with Helios Towers Africa (HTA) for divestment of about 950 towers in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
- 03 May 1603:59 PMCountry’s largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel’s subsidiary Airtel M-commerce services plan to payments bank operations in the second quarter of current fiscal.
- 01 May 1603:42 PMAirtel Business, the enterprise arm of Bharti Airtel, has partnered with networking player GBI to increase its direct reach in West Asian countries.02:05 AMIn a big blow to major mobile players, Telecom Commission, the highest policy-making body of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), has approved Telecom Regulatory Authority of India-recommended base price of Rs 11,485 crore per Mhz across India for
- 30 Apr 1612:33 AMThe department of telecommunications (DoT) plans to lower the spectrum usage charge to a flat 4.5 per cent.12:09 AMBharti Airtel acquires Aircel's 4G spectrum in 8 circles. Photo tweeted by ?@ScrapeCrawler.Success means different things to different people. For Sasha Chetri, Airtel's "4G girl", success means "eating well.
- 29 Apr 1607:06 PMIndia's investments in the UK zoomed nearly 65% in 2015, establishing it as the third largest source of foreign direct investment (FDI) into Britain after the US and France.03:57 PMApart from Reliance Communications, telecom operators Bharti Airtel, Vodafone and Tata Teleservices have applied for spectrum liberalisation in select areas, Parliament was informed on Friday.
- 28 Apr 1612:44 AMBharti Airtel, the country’s largest telecom service provider, has posted a 2.8 per cent increase in net income at Rs 1,290 crore for the quarter ended March, with high growth in mobile data revenue at Rs 4,434 crore, up 43.7 per cent on a yearly12:34 AMBharti Airtel has exited FY16 on a very strong note. This strong financial performance put up by the company is a result of a carefully laid-out strategy.12:33 AMMukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio has asked the government to move gradually towards a uniform spectrum usage charge (SUC) for all allotments in the future and not for the spectrum given in the past.
- 25 Apr 1602:45 PMBharti Airtel's scrip on Monday rose by 3 per cent after the company said its board will consider buyback of equity shares or a final dividend, or a combination of both, at its meeting on Wednesday.