- 27 Nov 1402:42 PMBharti Airtel, on Thursday, said it has its first fourth generation (4G) network in Africa at Seychelles in partnership with Swedish equipment vendor Ericsson.01:40 PMBharti Airtel has launched 4G service in Seychelles, which is the operator's first commercial LTE network in Africa.
- 25 Nov 1402:58 PMWith the sale of 4,800 towers in Nigeria to American Tower Corp for $1.05 billion (Rs 6,460 crore), Bharti Airtel will be able to cut its $10 billion debt (FY14 net debt at Rs 64,688 crore) by about 10%.09:22 AMBharti Airtel has opened higher by about 2% at Rs 406 on National Stock Exchange (NSE) after the company on Monday after market hours said it had signed an agreement with American Tower Company (ATC) to sell about 4,800 of its telecom towers in Nigeria,
- 24 Nov 1407:00 PMTelecom operator Bharti Airtel has sold its 4,800 mobile towers in Nigeria to US-based American Tower Corp for about $1.05 billion in a move to pare debt.
- 21 Nov 1403:46 PMBharti Airtel, on Friday, said it has appointed Titus Naikuni as the chairman of the board of directors of Airtel Kenya.
- 18 Nov 1409:36 PMThe telecom sector is seeing an interesting shift, after the second quarter report card and subscriber additions seen in the month of October.
- 15 Nov 1412:58 AMWhile Bharti Airtel made the highest number of offers at 11, Alshaya and Dunia Finance made overseas offers in the Middle East in the second cluster of the Summer Internship Placement process at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) on
- 11 Nov 1402:15 PMGlobal research and brokerage firm, UBS, expects the Nifty to touch 9,600 by 2015-end, a rise of around 15% from the current levels. The up move, UBS believes, will be led by an improvement in corporate earnings and an improvement in the overall economy.
- 10 Nov 1412:56 AMEven as telecom companies bear the brunt of cut-throat competition in the sector, Bharti Airtel remains the undisputed king among India's private non-financial consumer product & services companies.
- 06 Nov 1408:20 PMBharti group Chairman Sunil Mittal, on Thursday, said the telecom industry wants more spectrum and the government should make it available.12:58 AMBharti Airtel on Wednesday called off its deal to buy assets and transfer subscribers of Mumbai-based Loop Mobile for Rs 700 crore.
- 05 Nov 1406:35 PMBharti Airtel today called off deal its to buy the assets and transfer the subscribers in Mumbai-based Loop Mobiles for Rs 700 crore, for which the two companies had singed a strategic agreement in February.02:36 PMTelecom major Bharti Airtel has called off its plans to acquire business and assets of Mumbai based Loop Mobile, for about Rs 700 crore, as the Department of Telecom is yet to clear the deal.12:50 AMGopal Vittal took over as chief executive officer (CEO) of Bharti Airtel (India) when the company was under stress. The appointment seems to have helped.
- 03 Nov 1407:16 PMCountry's biggest telecom operator Airtel has announced an increase in its post-paid monthly charges by about 12% in select plans, effective December.
- 31 Oct 1407:10 PMKey officials of Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular, the country's top three operators, have met officials of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), on Friday, on the delayed allocation of spectrum and possible temporary disruption in06:36 PMThe Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has agreed to approve the proposed transfer of assets of Loop Mobile (India) to Bharti Airtel.12:50 AMBharti Airtel, the country’s largest mobile operator, reported a 170.2 per cent jump in net income during the July-September quarter to Rs 1,383 crore.
- 30 Oct 1409:31 PMBharti Airtel’s performance in the September quarter has been rather muted, as Africa continues to be a drag.