- 04 Mar 1510:52 AMThe biggest ever auction of spectrum by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) started on Wednesday in the morning where government expects to garner Rs 80,000-1lakh crore from the sale of spectrum.12:50 AMWhen a new round of telecom spectrum auction opens on Wednesday, it will be a do-or-die battle in many circles for incumbent operators — Idea Cellular, Vodafone, Reliance Communications and Bharti Airtel — which will be slugging out to retain12:45 AMBharti Realty, the real estate arm of Sunil Bharti Mittal-led Bharti Enterprises, is gearing up to enter the premium residential market in FY16. While the overall real estate sector in India has seen muted growth in recent years, high-end residential12:21 AMIndia's telcos are gearing up for a fight. The country's mobile phone operators are preparing bids to renew airwaves in an auction that the government reckons could raise $13.3 billion.
- 03 Mar 1506:28 PMCountry's largest telecom service provider Bharti Airtel has announced a partnership with China Mobile under which the two companies will work towards the growth of the 4G long term evolution (LTE) ecosystem and evolving mobile technology standards.03:32 PMThe huge payout for radiowaves, for which the auctions begin tomorrow, will offset the benefit that Bharti Airtel was likely to gain on its heavily debt-laden balance sheet by selling its African tower business recently, says a report.02:31 PMTop telecommunications carrier Bharti Airtel Ltd said it would collaborate with China Mobile Ltd on growing fourth-generation (4G) mobile data services.02:02 PMIndian telecom major Bharti Airtel and world's largest telecom operator China Mobile today announced a partnership to work jointly on evolving high technologies like 5G and procuring telecom devices and equipment.
- 26 Feb 1507:08 PMThe country's largest telecom player Bharti Airtel has raised Rs 1,925 crore (about $310 million) by selling nearly three per cent stake in its tower unit, Bharti Infratel.05:56 PMCountry's largest telecom player Bharti Airtel has raised Rs 1,925 crore (about $310 million) by selling nearly 3% stake in its tower unit - Bharti Infratel.10:10 AMBharti Infratel has dipped 4% to Rs 356 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) in early morning trade after the company said its promoter, Bharti Airtel, has decided to sell part of its stake though stock exchanges today.
- 25 Feb 1506:48 PMThe telecom regulator, Trai's decision to cut interconnect charges (IUC) by 30 per cent to 14 paise per minute and reduce carrier charges for domestic long distance calls by 46 per cent to 35 paise per minute are negatives for the top incumbent operators.05:56 PMBharti Airtel, India's biggest mobile phone operator by users, is raising as much as $415 million through the sale of shares in mobile tower unit Bharti Infratel, two sources directly involved in the process told Reuters.
- 24 Feb 1504:20 PMMedia and marketing solutions firm, GroupM has bagged the contract to manage telecom services provider Airtel's media account that is estimated to be worth around Rs 400 crore.
- 23 Feb 1505:16 PMIn a bid to boost fixed line phone connections in the country, telecom regulator Trai today removed charges that a landline service provider has to pay to the other service providers for transmitting its customers' phone calls - a move that is likely to
- 22 Feb 1511:20 AMTelecom operators Airtel and BSNL are likely to sign a pan-India roaming pact within a month to strengthen their 2G mobile services in areas where either of them is having a weak or negligible presence.
- 19 Feb 1512:30 AMTelecom regulator Trai is believed to have issued show-cause notices to Airtel, Vodafone and Idea for not signing agreements with companies interested in providing international calling card services directly to consumers that could reduce ISD rates by up
- 18 Feb 1510:45 PMIt is usual for loss-making companies to delay their annual general meetings (AGMs), to avoid difficult questions from shareholders.06:10 PMIn order to explain the design, rules and procedures of the upcoming spectrum auction, the Department of Telecom will hold a presentation on February 26 for all stakeholders.12:47 AMMukesh Ambani-promoted Reliance Jio has submitted maximum earnest money deposits at Rs 4500 crore for participating in the spectrum auction, followed by Idea Cellular with Rs 4,000 crore.