- 21 Jul 1604:02 PMPower generation utilities owe Rs 12,028 crore to state-owned Coal India Ltd (CIL) as on March 31, Parliament was informed on Thursday.
- 13 Jul 1611:50 PMThe three 'Maharatna' public sector utilities (PSUs), NTPC, Coal India and Indian Oil, would form a special purpose vehicle (SPV) to revive three fertiliser units in UP, the Union Cabinet approved today.
- 12 Jul 1612:28 PMState-run Coal India Ltd (CIL) today said its board has approved buyback of 10.89 crore shares worth Rs 3,650 crore.12:35 AMThe Coal India board on Monday decided to buy back 1.72 per cent of its shares by using Rs 3,650 crore from its reserves of more than Rs 38,000 crore.
- 11 Jul 1611:55 PMThe Coal India board on Monday decided to buy back 1.72 per cent of its shares by using Rs 3,650 crore from its reserves of more than Rs 38,000 crore.
- 07 Jul 1608:21 AMCOAL INDIA : BUYTarget: Rs 330Stop Loss: Rs 311The stock has managed to cross its immediate hurdle of Rs 318-319 zones and witnessed a fresh breakout. It has been holding the gains and trading above 50 DMA which also has a bullish implication.
- 05 Jul 1603:21 PMCoal India has moved higher by 2% to Rs 323 on the BSE after the company announced that the board will meet on July 11 to consider proposal for buy back of equity shares of the company.12:13 AMThis committee was supposed to be formed by the end of June when the ninth National Coal Wage Agreement (NCWA) elapsed.
- 23 Jun 1612:34 AMCoal availability in the country, when there is muted power demand growth has resulted in a situation with plants requesting Coal India Limited (CIL) to stop further supply.
- 18 Jun 1610:35 AMCoal India has agreed to part with nearly Rs 6,000 crore from its cash reserves of over Rs 38,000 crore for a share buy-back mooted by the finance ministry after ensuring that its capex plans to up production would not be impacted.
- 15 Jun 1610:50 PMCoal India said it has withdrawn, for the time being, the first phase of exclusive e-auction for non power consumers for 2016-17 scheduled to be held on Thursday and Saturday.
- 12 Jun 1607:55 PMCoal India's two subsidiaries Mahanadi Coalfields and Northern Coalfields will buyback total shares worth around Rs 1,978 crore from their shareholders.04:51 AMCoal India's (CIL) recent decision to bring down the effective price of higher-grade coal, while increasing the price of the lower grades points to the miner's intention to push up the offtake of higher grades, while making more money by selling the lower
- 02 Jun 1611:55 AMShares of Coal India were up over 3% at Rs 307 on the Bombay Stock Exchange after the company announced encouraging production and sales numbers for May 2016.Coal production by the company and its subsidiaries was 95% at 42.58 million tonne against a
- 31 May 1605:48 AMCoal India disappointed with its March quarter performance but the announced price increases encouraged the Street. These were under fuel supply agreements (FSAs) to power units, a little over 80 per cent of Coal India’s sales volume.12:23 AMAs the domestic demand for coal has started dwindling with surplus stock at power plants, Coal India has started exploring export opportunities, hoping to enter Bangladesh with the upcoming Maitree super-critical thermal project there.
- 30 May 1601:13 PMCoal India Limited's (CIL's) price rise will increase power tariff as impact on regulated sector coal is 8%.10:21 AMCoal India was up 5% to Rs 296 on the BSE in early morning trade after the company raised prices by 6.29% across all its subsidiaries for both regulated and non-regulated sectors.
- 18 May 1612:22 AMRepresentative imageThe Competition Appellate Tribunal (Compat) on Tuesday set aside the Rs 1,773-crore penalty imposed on Coal India by the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
- 15 May 1601:37 AMWhen Union coal and power minister Piyush Goyal set a target of providing affordable round-the-clock electricity to all by 2019, it seemed overambitious to some.