- 18 Dec 1404:00 PMCoal India Ltd will get a new chairman in the next few days, two officials with direct knowledge of the matter said, as the state-owned miner readies a plan to double its output in four years amid a severe shortage that has crippled power plants.03:22 PMThe labour unions of state-run Coal India Ltd have threatened to go on a five-day strike beginning Jan 6 to protest government plans to sell off a stake and end the company's monopoly in mining and distribution, officials said.12:59 AMThe equipment utilisation by world's largest coal producer Coal India Limited (CIL) is still below the global best and the company needs to adopt the best equipment utilisation practices from across the globe to ensure best-in-class mining, said Partha12:56 AMEmployee unions of state-owned CIL and SCCL today threatened to go on a five-day strike beginning January 6 to press for demands including roll-back of the "process of denationalisation of coal sector" and stopping "disinvestment and12:30 AMA five-day strike of its employees next month is likely to put Coal India, already under pressure to meet ballooning demand, on a sticky wicket.
- 15 Dec 1404:18 PMState-owned Coal India Ltd today said the first shipment of 1.79 lakh tonnes of imported coal has landed at Mundra port and would be supplied to the power companies.03:16 PMState-owned CIL is examining a proposal to register a wholly-owned subsidiary in South Africa to acquire and develop coal assets and has appointed Deloitte as the consultant for advising on the regulatory framework there.02:11 PMShares of state-owned companies Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Coal India are trading higher by over 2% each on reports that the government has deferred plans for disinvestments in both these companies until January.
- 11 Dec 1403:40 PMConsultancy firm Deloitte, which was selected to institute a study on restructuring options for state-owned Coal India, is yet to submit its final report, Parliament was informed today.05:35 AMCoal India’s (CIL) double-digit growth in production and offtake for a second month in a row are heartening.
- 10 Dec 1412:14 AMEven as Coal India (CIL) is under immense pressure to meet demand, it is likely to witness disruption of mining operations in the coming days.
- 09 Dec 1412:45 AMThe government is likely to allow bidders of coal blocks to seek adjustment in the fuel cost in power tariffs.
- 06 Dec 1402:31 AMMarket regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India has found 22 public sector firms including Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Coal India, and Indian Oil Corporation to have violated various capital-market guidelines.02:28 AMThe government’s ambitious disinvestment programme for 2014-15 kicked off on Friday with the sale of stake in Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL), through the offer-for-sale (OFS) route — barely three months before the financial year ends.
- 05 Dec 1412:44 AMCoal India has already finalised plans to achieve 925 million tonnes.
- 04 Dec 1403:01 PMAs many as 27 mines of Coal India having geological reserves of 1,200 million tonne are yet to begin production, Parliament was informed today.
- 02 Dec 1412:34 AMNorwegian pension fund KLP has sold entire stake in at least four Indian companies - NTPC, Coal India, Tata Power and Reliance Power - as well as 23 others worldwide as it looks to embrace more climate-friendly firms.
- 30 Nov 1411:40 AMCoal India executives have sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's intervention for implementation of performance related pay (PRP) for nearly 19,000 officers of the world's largest miner.
- 26 Nov 1406:04 PMCoal India and ONGC amongst others are in the spot light given the government's divestment plans. The government is expected to sell 10 per cent of its stake in Coal India and five per cent in ONGC starting next month.12:59 AMWith only four months left for the financial year to end, the government is rushing to complete at least part of its disinvestment plan for 2014-15. Finance ministry officials are confident that Coal India, ONGC, SAIL, and NHPC will hit the market by the