- 29 Jan 1509:29 AMCoal India has dipped 4% to Rs 369 on National Stock Exchange (NSE) in early morning trade, after the government on Wednesday decided to sell up to 10% stake in the company through offer for sale (OFS) on Friday.09:03 AMShare sale offers of public sector companies including Coal India, ONGC, PFC and REC over the next two months suggests that the markets could see some sort of correction in the near-term.02:49 AMCoal India’s offer for sale (OFS) on Friday, the biggest so far, will be a good opportunity for retail investors to participate in the equity market.12:58 AMBattling to contain the Centre’s fiscal deficit at the targeted 4.1 per cent of gross domestic product, the government on Wednesday decided to go for the biggest share sale ever by offloading up to 10 per cent stake in Coal India, which will
- 28 Jan 1506:32 PMA year-long tiff and a series of resolutions later, complaints regarding the quality of coal sold by Coal India (CIL) continue to haunt the state-owned company.
- 25 Jan 1501:30 PMEmployees of state-run behemoth Coal India will be given an opportunity to participate in the proposed disinvestment of the company and all issues regarding their opposition to the share sale have been resolved, Union Minister Piyush Goyal has said.
- 21 Jan 1501:30 AMIn May last year, around the time Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his council of ministers were sworn in, S Narsing Rao quit as the chairman & managing director of state-owned Coal India, the world's largest coal miner.
- 19 Jan 1512:40 AMA fall of 25 per cent in global coal prices over the past six months is likely to bring cheer to power producers in India. At $46 a tonne, the price of imported coal is inching closer to that sold by state giant Coal India Ltd (CIL).
- 15 Jan 1512:11 AMThe finance ministry is planning to raise Rs 5,000 crore from the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE) exchange-traded fund (ETF) by the end of 2014-15, Business Standard has learnt.
- 14 Jan 1512:58 AMFollowing the recent slide in the share prices of public sector behemoths Coal India Ltd (CIL) and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), the finance ministry is learnt to be reconsidering its plans of selling stake in these companies.
- 12 Jan 1506:38 PMShares of Coal India fell 4.5 per cent on Monday as investors dumped the stock ahead of the government's move on divesting its holding in the company.10:30 AMCoal India has dipped 4% to Rs 360 on National Stock Exchange (NSE) on reports that the government planning to sell 10% stake in the country's largest miner.12:29 AMSeeking to modernise over 220 years old coal mining business in the country, PSU behemoth Coal India's new chief S Bhattacharya has lined up a 'future strategy' to boost productivity with the use of latest technology and meet targets diligently.
- 11 Jan 1501:30 PMSeeking to modernise over 220 years old coal mining business in the country, PSU behemoth Coal India's new chief S Bhattacharya has lined up a 'future strategy' to boost productivity with the use of latest technology and meet targets diligently.
- 09 Jan 1503:08 PMState-owned Coal India Ltd (CIL) will import around 2 lakh tonnes of coal either next month or in March for suppling it to power plants.
- 08 Jan 1502:50 PMCoal India (CIL) trade unions have assured the government that they will try to make up for the loss in production of about one million tonnes on account of workers strike which was called off yesterday, Coal and Power Minister Piyush Goyal said09:43 AMShares of Coal India were up over 2% at Rs 383 amid reports that the five unions have called off their strike.12:57 AMAfter an eight-hour session on Wednesday, five Coal India Ltd (CIL) worker unions called off their strike, after reaching a consensus with the government.
- 07 Jan 1502:13 PMCoal India Ltd struggled to produce and ship less than half of its daily target on the first day of a five-day worker strike that began on Tuesday, hampering government efforts to reform the country's coal industry and ease its power crisis.10:21 AMThe five-day strike by coal industry workers across the country entered its second day today as negotiations between government officials and trade unions failed late last night.