- 19 Sep 1412:48 AMForced to cut the volume of coal sold through electronic auction, government-owned Coal India Ltd (CIL) is likely to go for a rise in the notified price for sales under fuel supply agreements with power companies.
- 15 Sep 1405:56 PMAbsence of any independent director in Coal India Ltd may delay board approval for Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd's 1,600-MW maiden thermal power plant.
- 12 Sep 1407:18 PMThe model contract agreement on public-private partnership mode for developing Coal India mines is in the final stage of approval.03:50 AMA day after the Union Cabinet paved the way for the government reducing its stakes in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Coal India Ltd (CIL) and NHPC, the shares of these companies fell 3.4-5.2 per cent on bourses.12:56 AMThe National Democratic Alliance government is weeding out independent directors on the boards of public-sector undertakings (PSUs).
- 11 Sep 1405:15 PMCentral trade unions have decided to oppose another 10 per cent divestment in Coal India, vowing to mobilize coal workers to "fight back" the decision.07:59 AMThe Union Cabinet on Wednesday cleared a dilution of the government's stake in Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Coal India Ltd (CIL) and NHPC Ltd.12:45 AMThe recent resignations of three independent directors of Coal India (CIL) have been perceived as part of the Narendra Modi-government's drive to review appointments made by the previous government.
- 10 Sep 1407:10 PMThe government today gave a go- ahead to the much-awaited 10% stake sale in Coal India Ltd, which could fetch over Rs 23,000 crore to the exchequer.05:18 PMBoosted by environmental relaxation in mining, Coal India today said it was looking to meet the production target for the current fiscal by ramping up its production despite falling short till August.02:53 AMAs the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government weeds out appointments made by the previous United Progressive Alliance (UPA) regime, two independent directors on the board of Coal India Ltd have resigned, a day ahead of the company’s
- 09 Sep 1407:06 PMFast tracking land acquisition, resolving rehabilitation and resettlement issue and avoiding delays in green clearance are some of the steps needed to be taken to augment coal output, state-run miner CIL has said.03:48 AMCoal India had hit a 52-week high of Rs 423.85 on June 11 in anticipation of faster clearances and consequent rise in output. The scrip has since cooled and trades at Rs 373. The production and sales data till August, below target, also fails to impress.
- 08 Sep 1403:10 PMAs part of the drive to ramp up production, Coal India Ltd is assessing the reserves at its twin mines in Mozambique.12:42 AMThe government has initiated the process for appointment of Coal India Chairman and Managing Director.
- 06 Sep 1412:40 AMWhile formulating its fuel supply agreements (FSAs) with power producers, state-run Coal India (CIL) was earlier forced to keep a provision for imports, after a directive from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) in 2012.However, as CIL gets ready to
- 05 Sep 1406:44 PMCoal India has said efforts are on to resolve the issue of two-day 'work-to-rule' notice served by its five major trade unions.03:10 PMSurplus coal from captive mines should not be transferred to the nearest CIL units as that may lead to disputes over fuel quality and result in transit losses, DIPP has cautioned.08:50 AMIs there a coal crunch in the country since the beginning of this month? Yes. But only because the country produced an unexpected 22% more energy from the coal-based thermal power plants this August as compared to the same month previous year.03:46 AMThe power and coal sector is in the throes of a crisis.