- 18 May 1612:22 AMRepresentative imageThe Competition Appellate Tribunal (Compat) on Tuesday set aside the Rs 1,773-crore penalty imposed on Coal India by the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
- 15 May 1601:37 AMWhen Union coal and power minister Piyush Goyal set a target of providing affordable round-the-clock electricity to all by 2019, it seemed overambitious to some.
- 04 May 1612:40 AMAs many as 64 central public sector enterprises (CPSEs) witnessed capital erosion to the tune of Rs 74,000 crore during 2014-15, according to a financial audit report by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India on CPSEs.
- 01 May 1611:42 AMState-run miner Coal India supplied 407.9 million tonnes of fuel to the power sector in 2015-16, up 5.8% over the previous year.
- 28 Apr 1602:30 PMLining up an investment of Rs 3,486 crore on land acquisition to open 36 mines over a period of three years to ramp up its output, Western Coalfields (WCL), a Coal India subsidiary, is looking ahead to acquire nearly 4,000 hectares of land in Maharashtra
- 27 Apr 1605:21 AMHere are a few trading ideas from Chandan Taparia of Anand RathiCOAL INDIA: BUYSTOP LOSS: Rs 280TARGET: Rs 295The stock is taking support after the weakness of last nine series and finding buying interest at the lower levels.
- 22 Apr 1605:16 AMThe stock gave a consolidation breakout after holding the support near Rs 270 zones from last nine trading sessions. It formed a Marubuzo candle on daily chart and snapped the losses of previous two weeks.
- 19 Apr 1612:19 AMTo compete against cheaper and high-grade South African, Indonesian and Australian coal, while keeping its prices unchanged, Coal India (CIL) recently strategised a move whereby it is giving up part of its charges levied previously on the
- 18 Apr 1603:22 PMState-run Coal India Ltd (CIL) will next week hold the first phase of a special e-auction for the ongoing fiscal to provide coal to power producers as part of the government's efforts to ensure round-the-clock electricity to all.
- 13 Apr 1603:08 PMAs the world move towards cleaner fuels, the world’s biggest coal company has filed for bankruptcy.
- 12 Apr 1601:36 PMCoal India has dipped 3% to Rs 272, its lowest level since March 23, 2014 on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), after the company decided to give up performance incentive for supply of higher grades of coal and to improve lifting of coal.03:21 AMWith the divestment news cropping up once again, Coal India touched a 52-week low of Rs 274.6 on April 6 (Wednesday). It now trades at Rs 280 levels.
- 06 Apr 1606:04 PMIndirect tax collection in Odisha saw a spike of 42 per cent in 2015-16 to reach Rs 11,948 crore, fuelled by contributions from corporates, a pointer to improving industrial sentiment in the state.
- 05 Apr 1612:25 PMCoal India has dipped nearly 3% to Rs 277, its lowest level since April 7, 2014 on National Stock Exchange (NSE).05:24 AMThe stock crossed and closed above its hurdle of Rs 390 levels and also moved above its 50 and 200 DMA. It gave the highest daily close of last twelve trading sessions and snapped the losses made in the last week of march from Rs 395 to Rs 372 levels.
- 03 Apr 1606:42 PMState-run Coal India's arm MCL has become the number one producer of the dry fuel in the country at 138 million tonnes in fiscal 2016, contributing 39 per cent to the incremental growth of the coal behemoth.
- 02 Apr 1612:31 AMAlthough Coal India (CIL) missed its production target for 2014-15 by nearly 2.5 per cent at 536.5 million tonnes (mt), the company registered an output growth of 8.6 per cent compared with 2013-14. Its offtake, under tapered demand for coal, also rose
- 27 Mar 1610:13 AMState-run Coal India will conduct a two-day special e-auction beginning March 30 to offer the fossil fuel to distressed power plants as part of government's efforts to ensure 24x7 affordable electricity to all.
- 23 Mar 1604:50 AMThe weakness in stock prices of public sector undertakings (PSUs) may mean the latter buying back their own scrips from shareholders, including the promoter (government) so that the Centre can raise money.
- 17 Mar 1612:24 PMBringing cheer to fuel starved small industries, the Ministry of Coal earmarked 16 coal mines to be allocated to states for sale to MSMEs.