- 24 Nov 1412:46 AMThe labour unions of state-run Coal India have called off a strike planned for Monday in protest against a stake sale and opening up of the industry, setting the stage for Prime Minister Narendra Modi to press ahead with energy reforms.
- 23 Nov 1405:04 PMMajor trade unions representing state-run Coal India's (CIL) workers have called off a strike planned for Monday to protest a stake sale and e-auction of cancelled coal blocks proposed by an ordinance with a provision for commercial mining by private
- 21 Nov 1412:42 AMThe Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS) on Thursday said it will not join the proposed strike by Coal India employee unions on Monday, bringing the split among the unions to the fore.
- 20 Nov 1401:32 PMA rift between the five powerful labour unions at Coal India Ltd is set to clear the way for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government to complete a stake sale in the state company that is critical to hitting budget targets.
- 19 Nov 1412:40 AMThe Public Enterprises Selection Board has finalised Sutirtha Bhattacharya, a 1985 Andhra Pradesh cadre IAS officer, as the new chairperson and managing director of Coal India Limited.12:30 AMAt a time when it is facing flak for its failure to supply fuel consistently to power plants, public sector behemoth Coal India (CIL) has cleared a long-pending proposal to set up a 1,600-Mw (2x800 Mw) pithead power plant at the Sundergarh district in
- 18 Nov 1408:16 PMPublic Enterprise Selection Board (PSEB) finalised Sutirtha Bhattacharya, a 1985 Andhra Pradesh cadre IAS officer as the new chairman and managing director of Coal India limited (CIL).
- 14 Nov 1412:47 AMThe government is likely to select the chairman and managing director (CMD) for Coal India Limited (CIL) by next week. The 12 shortlisted candidates are to appear for an interview with the Public Enterprises Selection Board on Tuesday.
- 11 Nov 1402:46 PMAiming to make India self-sufficient in coal, Power and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal today said the target of doubling domestic production from the current 490 million tonnes level was "possible".
- 10 Nov 1402:31 PMCoal India posted a lower than expected net profit which fell by 28% to Rs 2,192 crore for the quarter ended September 2014. The world’s largest producer of coal had posted a profit of Rs 3,052 crore for the same quarter last year.12:24 AMThe Coal India (CIL) board has ratified the first 1,600 Mw (800 Mwx2) pithead thermal power project by its subsidiary, Mahanadi Coalfields, at a capital expenditure of Rs 11,000 crore, for a foray into electricity generation by the world’s biggest
- 08 Nov 1410:36 PMCoal India on Saturday reported over 28 per cent fall in its consolidated net profit to Rs 2,192 crore in the September quarter of this financial year due to higher expenses.
- 04 Nov 1412:09 AMCoal India Ltd, the world's largest producer of the fuel, produced 40.20 million tonnes of coal in October, beating its target for the first time in seven months.
- 03 Nov 1402:16 PMState-owned CIL produced 40.20 million tonnes (MT) of coal in October, beating its target of 39.74 MT for the month.
- 02 Nov 1411:54 AMCoal mining major Coal India today said the impact of the day-long strike call by four major trade unions on November 24 will not be "alarming".
- 01 Nov 1410:03 PMCoal India Limited (CIL) workers' unions have decided to go on strike on November 24 to protest the government's disinvestment plan and the ordinance on coal block e-auction, which has paved the way for commercial mining by private
- 31 Oct 1412:46 AMThe backdrop for the Coal Mines (Nationalisation) Act (CMNA) of 1973, leading to the formation of Coal India (CIL) in 1975, was sluggish annual growth of two per cent, lack of private investments and mismanagement by private parties.
- 28 Oct 1412:46 AMThe Competition Commission of India (CCI ) has asked Coal India to desist from indulging in anti-competitive practices by abusing its dominant position.
- 27 Oct 1407:16 PMIn yet another directive against Coal India for abusing its dominant position, Competition Commission today asked the state-owned miner to cease and desist from unfair business practices.
- 26 Oct 1410:41 AMAll consumers of Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL), including power firms, who have inked fuel supply pacts with the PSU will have to transport 30% of the contracted quantity by road if it is within a limited distance.