- 16 Sep 1412:42 AMThe Andhra Pradesh government will be signing MoUs with the power ministry for setting up three solar projects with a total capacity of 2,500 Mw as well as a 4,000-Mw super critical thermal power project proposed by NTPC in the state.
- 10 Sep 1407:06 PMThe board of directors of NTPC, country's largest power producer, has approved investment of over Rs 10,000 crore for executing two thermal plants.
- 09 Sep 1405:58 PMNTPC said its dividend payment is third highest among public sector undertakings and fifth highest among the listed companies and this is the 21st consecutive year that the company has paid dividend.04:28 PM"The company had paid interim dividend amounting to Rs 3,298.19 crore on February 10, 2014. Today, the company has paid the final dividend of Rs 1,442.97 crore," NTPC said in a statement.
- 07 Sep 1412:10 PMCountry's largest power company NTPC may be forced to tap international solar plant suppliers due to shortage in domestic capacity.
- 06 Sep 1412:38 AMThe government's plan to pool imported coal in the event of the Supreme Court cancelling all coal block allocations might make smaller units suffer, while large players such as NTPC could benefit from it.
- 01 Sep 1409:20 PMNTPC Chairman Arup Roy Choudhury was recently in Kolkata to attend a seminar organised by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce.12:16 AMThe Chhattisgarh government had approved the rehabilitation plan for the people affected by the Talaipalli coalmine of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) in Raigarh district.
- 30 Aug 1412:48 AMThe Supreme Court verdict terming coal block allocations between 1993 and 2010 illegal may put state-run power major NTPC's plans to acquire stranded generation plants in jeopardy.12:30 AMState-owned power company NTPC is looking to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's proposed visit to the US to realise its plan for the country's first geothermal power project.
- 29 Aug 1406:30 PMState-owned power major NTPC is looking at Prime Minister Narendra Modi's proposed visit to the United States to harness its plan for the country's first eco-thermal project.05:25 PMThe country's largest power producer, NTPC Ltd, today remained optimistic of the super critical 1,320 MW Katwa thermal plant in West Bengal.
- 28 Aug 1412:45 AMPower generation capacity of 7,250 Mw was shut in the western region on Wednesday.
- 27 Aug 1406:16 PMFacing shortage in domestic fuel supplies, state-owned NTPC plans to import 17 million metric tonnes of coal this fiscal which is higher than the quantity purchased last financial year.04:16 PMPinning hopes on the new government's initiatives, NTPC today said plans to provide round-the-clock electricity to every household in the country translates to robust growth opportunities amid challenges faced by the power sector.
- 20 Aug 1407:03 PMNational Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) had curtailed the power it had been supplying to Chhattisgarh plunging the state to face electricity crises.The country’s largest power producer, NTPC, has two major power projects in Chhattisgarh.12:44 AMNTPC is keen to join hands with Coal India Ltd (CIL) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) to augment its generation capacity and capability, which have been hit by coal shortage.12:43 AMNTPC’s largest power plant at Vindhyachal in Madhya Pradesh with a capacity of 4,260 Mw is facing shut-down due to paucity of coal supply from Northern Coalfields. The company said it would stop operations if fuel shortage continues.
- 12 Aug 1404:50 PMFlushed with funds, retirement fund body EPFO has proposed to invest up to Rs 10,000 crore in secured non-convertible bonds of state-run power producer NTPC starting from the current fiscal under a long term agreement.
- 09 Aug 1405:16 PMThe Odisha government has taken exception to the Centre's proposal to phase out four old thermal units of NTPC Ltd with combined capacity of 250 Mw at its Talcher Thermal power station (TTPS).