- 29 Sep 1408:28 PMThe Odisha government has urged central PSUs — NTPC Ltd and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) to go ahead with the task of floating tenders for implementation of projects under the Rajeev Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) in the04:44 PMNTPC, country's largest power generation utility, has tied up loans to the tune of $250 million with Mizuho Bank Limited for funding its expansion plans.
- 27 Sep 1412:59 AMEven as coal availability as a fuel is expected to a cause for concern among industry, Gujarat and NTPC are set to save Rs 350 crore by coal swapping, according to Saurabh Patel, minister of finance, Government of Gujarat.12:34 AMThe Odisha government is keen to partner NTPC Ltd and other central PSUs for execution of ultra mega solar power projects (UMSPPs) in the state.
- 25 Sep 1412:41 AMThe The Supreme Court’s decision to cancel the allocation of all captive coal blocks during 1993-2010 other than those to government-owned companies (and not operated on a joint-venture basis), has brought relief to NTPC and SAIL.
- 16 Sep 1412:42 AMThe Andhra Pradesh government will be signing MoUs with the power ministry for setting up three solar projects with a total capacity of 2,500 Mw as well as a 4,000-Mw super critical thermal power project proposed by NTPC in the state.
- 10 Sep 1407:06 PMThe board of directors of NTPC, country's largest power producer, has approved investment of over Rs 10,000 crore for executing two thermal plants.
- 09 Sep 1405:58 PMNTPC said its dividend payment is third highest among public sector undertakings and fifth highest among the listed companies and this is the 21st consecutive year that the company has paid dividend.04:28 PM"The company had paid interim dividend amounting to Rs 3,298.19 crore on February 10, 2014. Today, the company has paid the final dividend of Rs 1,442.97 crore," NTPC said in a statement.
- 07 Sep 1412:10 PMCountry's largest power company NTPC may be forced to tap international solar plant suppliers due to shortage in domestic capacity.
- 06 Sep 1412:38 AMThe government's plan to pool imported coal in the event of the Supreme Court cancelling all coal block allocations might make smaller units suffer, while large players such as NTPC could benefit from it.
- 01 Sep 1409:20 PMNTPC Chairman Arup Roy Choudhury was recently in Kolkata to attend a seminar organised by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce.12:16 AMThe Chhattisgarh government had approved the rehabilitation plan for the people affected by the Talaipalli coalmine of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) in Raigarh district.
- 30 Aug 1412:48 AMThe Supreme Court verdict terming coal block allocations between 1993 and 2010 illegal may put state-run power major NTPC's plans to acquire stranded generation plants in jeopardy.12:30 AMState-owned power company NTPC is looking to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's proposed visit to the US to realise its plan for the country's first geothermal power project.
- 29 Aug 1406:30 PMState-owned power major NTPC is looking at Prime Minister Narendra Modi's proposed visit to the United States to harness its plan for the country's first eco-thermal project.05:25 PMThe country's largest power producer, NTPC Ltd, today remained optimistic of the super critical 1,320 MW Katwa thermal plant in West Bengal.
- 28 Aug 1412:45 AMPower generation capacity of 7,250 Mw was shut in the western region on Wednesday.
- 27 Aug 1406:16 PMFacing shortage in domestic fuel supplies, state-owned NTPC plans to import 17 million metric tonnes of coal this fiscal which is higher than the quantity purchased last financial year.04:16 PMPinning hopes on the new government's initiatives, NTPC today said plans to provide round-the-clock electricity to every household in the country translates to robust growth opportunities amid challenges faced by the power sector.