- 20 Nov 1405:35 PMNTPC, the largest power generating company in India, has raised 500 million dollars from the international bond markets on Wednesday.12:20 AMThe country’s largest power producer, NTPC Ltd has evinced interest to develop the 2,400 Mw coal-based power station proposed at Kamakhyanagar in Dhenkanal district through the joint venture (JV) route.12:19 AMNTPC Ltd, a maharatna PSU, that is in the course of implementing two super thermal power plants in Odisha, has now decided to commit investments in solar energy sector in the state.
- 19 Nov 1401:54 PMFitch Ratings has assigned BBB- rating to state-run NTPC's proposed $2 billion medium-term note programme.
- 15 Nov 1412:30 AMA day after it increased power tariff in Delhi, the Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission (DERC) rolled back the same on Friday, citing review of technical details.
- 12 Nov 1403:13 PMThe government has sought a report from the Coal Controller on delay in mining by NTPC from a Jharkhand mine which was alloted to the PSU about a decade ago.
- 08 Nov 1412:16 AMState-owned NTPC Ltd said it is in the process of setting up power projects with a combined capacity of 9,000 MW in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- 28 Oct 1405:04 PMNTPC, the country's largest power generator, plans to foray into wind energy sector with its first project in Karnataka. The company will soon float tenders for first such project with a capacity of 100 Mw, a top company official said.
- 24 Oct 1401:06 PMManash Sarkar has taken over as the CEO of NTPC-SAIL Power Private Company Ltd, state-run NTPC said today.
- 21 Oct 1409:36 AMShares of metal and power companies are trading higher by up to 2.5% on the BSE after the government on Monday said it would promulgate an ordinance to resolve issues arising out of the cancellation of coal blocks.
- 20 Oct 1403:00 PMWith the government announcing increase in the price of domestically produced gas, state-run NTPC said the move will prove beneficial only if the power distribution companies buy the electricity produced from the plants consuming the costlier fuel.
- 11 Oct 1412:40 AMAs Madhya Pradesh hopes to generate over 2 Gw of solar power in the next few years, state-run NTPC is planning to play a major part in it.
- 09 Oct 1407:46 AMNTPC, the country’s largest power generation company, with an installed capacity of 43,128 Mw, has found itself beset with the various concerns surrounding the sector.
- 01 Oct 1412:50 AMNTPC, the country's largest thermal power producer, witnessed a growth in the gross generation for the first half of 2014-15 to 118.5 billion units while the profit declined by 16 per cent for Q2FY15 owing to changes in rate regulations.
- 29 Sep 1408:28 PMThe Odisha government has urged central PSUs — NTPC Ltd and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) to go ahead with the task of floating tenders for implementation of projects under the Rajeev Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) in the04:44 PMNTPC, country's largest power generation utility, has tied up loans to the tune of $250 million with Mizuho Bank Limited for funding its expansion plans.
- 27 Sep 1412:59 AMEven as coal availability as a fuel is expected to a cause for concern among industry, Gujarat and NTPC are set to save Rs 350 crore by coal swapping, according to Saurabh Patel, minister of finance, Government of Gujarat.12:34 AMThe Odisha government is keen to partner NTPC Ltd and other central PSUs for execution of ultra mega solar power projects (UMSPPs) in the state.
- 25 Sep 1412:41 AMThe The Supreme Court’s decision to cancel the allocation of all captive coal blocks during 1993-2010 other than those to government-owned companies (and not operated on a joint-venture basis), has brought relief to NTPC and SAIL.
- 16 Sep 1412:42 AMThe Andhra Pradesh government will be signing MoUs with the power ministry for setting up three solar projects with a total capacity of 2,500 Mw as well as a 4,000-Mw super critical thermal power project proposed by NTPC in the state.