- 30 Jan 1503:52 PMState run power generation giant NTPC registered it's highest ever profit in Q3 FY15 of Rs 3,074 crore as against Rs 2,861.28 crore reported for the corresponding quarter in previous year, registering an increase of over 7 per cent.
- 29 Jan 1505:40 PMIndian state-run utility NTPC has restricted the building of three new solar power projects to domestic manufacturers, even as India pushes for overseas companies to lead fresh investments into a renewable energy drive.
- 19 Jan 1512:40 AMA fall of 25 per cent in global coal prices over the past six months is likely to bring cheer to power producers in India. At $46 a tonne, the price of imported coal is inching closer to that sold by state giant Coal India Ltd (CIL).
- 17 Jan 1510:54 AMNTPC's first plant in Maharashtra's Mouda district may run up to its full capacity within next couple of months as it has been assured new coal supply arrangement by Western Coalfields Ltd (WCL), an official said.
- 16 Jan 1506:06 PMCountry's largest thermal power producer NTPC has identified 7-8 private power projects as potential acquisition targets and will take a final call on them before end of the current fiscal, a top company official said.01:10 PMCountry's largest thermal power producer NTPC has signed a term loan agreement of Rs 10,000 crore with state-run lender SBI for partially funding its capital expenditure.
- 15 Jan 1501:33 AMA committee under the Ministry of Environment and Forests has recommended state-owned NTPC Limited to consider shifting the location of its proposed 4,000 Mw power plant from the current site at Vishakhapatnam as the area is "ecologically
- 05 Jan 1512:41 AMAfter the withdrawal of private players from the bidding process, the government will on Monday decide whether to accept the sole bid of NTPC for the proposed ultra mega power projects in Odisha and Tamil Nadu.
- 31 Dec 1412:44 AMThe ministry of power has decided to cancel the two-year-long bidding process for two ultra mega power plants (UMPP) in Tamil Nadu and Odisha.
- 29 Dec 1405:56 PMThe state government is saddled with commercial tax arrears worth Rs 6,200 crores.
- 28 Dec 1410:55 AMState-owned power firms may build the two ultra mega power projects in Tamil Nadu and Odisha as the government is not expected to scrap the bids in case a PSU emerges as a sole bidder, sources said.
- 25 Dec 1412:09 AMState-run National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Ltd will issue bonus debentures of Rs 10,360 crore against the company's free reserves. As of March 31, 2014, NTPC has cash worth Rs 72,418 crore.
- 24 Dec 1412:42 AMNTPC, the state-owned thermal power generation giant, might lose the chance to build its first ultra mega power project (UMPPs), as the government is likely to scrap the bidding process for the Cheyyur UMPP in Tamil Nadu.
- 20 Dec 1402:50 AMCan India's public sector come to the rescue of the Indian economy? That's the question which the government has asked, in the finance ministry's mid-year review of the economy.
- 17 Dec 1408:35 PMNTPC Ltd, the country’s largest thermal power producer, has evinced interest to pick up 50 per cent stake in the 2,400 Mw (3x800) power project to be set up at Kamakhyanagar in Dhenkanal district.12:46 AMNTPC, the country’s largest state-owned thermal power producer, has issued a second expression of interest (EOI) for acquiring coal-based thermal power projects, to put to use its cash reserve of around Rs 5,000 crore.
- 10 Dec 1412:01 PMThe government could soon finalise the proposal for coal linkage rationalisation and swapping arrangements of about 40 thermal power projects, a move that is expected to save up to Rs 6,000 crore in logistics cost.
- 05 Dec 1401:45 PMReiterating that revival of the beleaguered Dabhol was on the cards, NTPC today said all possible options are being explored for the same.
- 02 Dec 1412:34 AMNorwegian pension fund KLP has sold entire stake in at least four Indian companies - NTPC, Coal India, Tata Power and Reliance Power - as well as 23 others worldwide as it looks to embrace more climate-friendly firms.
- 20 Nov 1405:35 PMNTPC, the largest power generating company in India, has raised 500 million dollars from the international bond markets on Wednesday.