- 20 Jul 1612:37 AMWith 9.6 per cent growth in electricity generation across the country, power companies are likely to report an increase in earnings during the first quarter of FY17 on year-on-year basis.
- 18 Jul 1604:22 PMThe Centre's green panel has deferred its decision on granting environment clearance to NTPC's Rs 17,820-crore super thermal project in Chhatarpur district, Madhya Pradesh, for want of more information and clearance from the wildlife authorities.03:22 PMState-owned NTPC has achieved savings of approximately 30 paise per unit – approximately Rs 550 crore per month – on account of coal rationalisation and reduction in imports of fossil fuel, Parliament was informed on Monday.
- 15 Jul 1612:57 AMNTPC, the state-owned largest power producer in the country, has plans to build new units at existing plant sites and phase out the old ones.
- 13 Jul 1611:50 PMThe three 'Maharatna' public sector utilities (PSUs), NTPC, Coal India and Indian Oil, would form a special purpose vehicle (SPV) to revive three fertiliser units in UP, the Union Cabinet approved today.
- 05 Jul 1608:12 PMThe government has raised Rs 202 crore from the employees of NTPC by selling shares of the power utility under the offer for sale (OFS) route.
- 30 Jun 1612:57 AMThe cumulative generation of the company was 64.6 billion units (BUs) in Q1FY17 as compared to 58.70 BUs during same period last year,&" NTPC said ia a media statement.
- 29 Jun 1602:50 PMThe Sipat station of the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) in Chhattisgarh’s Bilaspur district will produce lightweight aggregate from fly ash.
- 26 Jun 1610:42 PMFrom managing Gujarat State Electricity Corporation to being part of multinationals CLP and AES, and now heading thermal power giant NTPC, 51-year-old Gurdeep Singh has experience across the power industry.
- 17 Jun 1607:07 PMA US-based think tank today said the Bangladesh-India Maitree project could effectively end up in a financial mess.
- 16 Jun 1603:13 PMRating agency Fitch has affirmed 'BBB-' rating to NTPC, indicating a low default risk on debt.
- 15 Jun 1605:52 PMOn the verge of becoming a state with huge power surplus, Odisha has sought to surrender share of allocated power of the order of 1,514 Mw from NTPC stations located outside the state.
- 14 Jun 1612:19 AMState-run NTPC, for the first time, has traded in un-requisitioned surplus (URS) power from four of its prominent thermal generating stations— Vidhyanchal, Unchahar, Rihand and Dadri Power —at the Indian Energy Exchange (IEX).
- 13 Jun 1602:28 PMIn a first, state-run NTPC has traded surplus power from its four thermal power stations, including Vidhyanchal and Unchahar, at the Indian Energy Exchange (IEX).
- 10 Jun 1601:14 AMThe water scarcity crippling large parts of India has already cost coal power companies nearly seven billion units in lost electricity generation, with an estimated revenue loss of Rs 2,400 crore in the first five months of 2016, says Greenpeace India,
- 09 Jun 1601:23 PMShares of electric utilities companies such as Tata Power Company (Rs 77), NTPC (Rs 152) and Power Grid Corporation of India (Rs 154) have hit their respective 52-week highs on the BSE in intra-day trade in an otherwise weak market.
- 08 Jun 1607:16 PMState-run power producer NTPC on Wednesday signed an agreement with South Western Railway for doubling of the Hotgi-Kudgi rail section, the power producer said.10:50 AMShares of Bharat Forge were up over 2% at Rs 764 on the Bombay Stock Exchange after the company said that its joint venture with Alstom has received an order from NTPC.
- 06 Jun 1611:50 PMNTPC Ltd, India’s largest power generating company, is revisiting its business plan drafted till 2032 to keep in line with the government’s latest initiatives.
- 31 May 1603:35 AMWith the demand for electricity continuing to remain muted, revenues for NTPC declined 6.5 per cent year-on-year to Rs 17,990 crore in the March'16 quarter (Q4) and missed Bloomberg estimates of Rs 18,704 crore.