- 29 Oct 1501:27 AMThe results of battery makers Amara Raja and Exide Industries did not enthuse the Street as both stocks ended in the red with the former losing as much as six per cent at the close on Wednesday.
- 18 Aug 1508:15 AMNiftyLast close: 8477After massive rally on Friday, bulls were on the back foot on Monday as profit booking dragged the indices below 8500 levels.03:00 AMThe stock has started moving after consolidating for the last fourteen weeks and has crossed its multiple hurdles at the 162 zone. Recently, the stock has taken support near Rs 155 and is holding well above its 50-DMA.
- 31 Jul 1501:19 PMExide Industries' numbers for the June quarter disappointed the Street yet again, with reported revenues down 6% to Rs 1,799 crore while operating profit was down 9% to Rs 265 crore.09:21 AMShares of Exide Industries dipped 3% to Rs 139, also their 52-week lows on the BSE, after the company reported a 16.2% year-on-year (YoY) decline in net profit at Rs 155 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2015 (Q1), due to lower sales.
- 06 May 1503:49 AMAnalysts have cut their earnings estimates by four to eight per cent for the next couple of years. The number of buys for the stock has also come down from 51 per cent a week ago to 47 per cent.
- 31 Jan 1502:30 PMThe company had posted a net profit of Rs 77.52 crore in the same period last fiscal, it said in a BSE filing.
- 24 Dec 1401:35 AMPrices of lead, a key raw material for battery makers, are down eight per cent from the September quarter. Raw material costs constitute 65.5 per cent of Exide Industries' sales.
- 23 Dec 1410:05 AMLower lead prices, stable pricing and value unlocking in its insurance subsidiary could lead to more upsides in Exide Industries. Lead prices, the key raw material in the manufacture of batteries, are down about 7% from September quarter levels.
- 21 Oct 1410:11 AMExtending losses Exide Industries has slipped further to around 3.5% on BSE after the Bank of America -Merrill Lynch downgaded the company's stock to 'neutral' citing erosion of pricing power and growing strength of main rival Amara Raja
- 20 Oct 1404:24 PMBattery maker Exide Industries has posted 6.01% rise in its net profit to Rs 125.76 crore in the second quarter ended September 30, 2014 as compared to the same quarter previous fiscal.
- 16 Sep 1402:47 AMThrough the past three trading sessions, the Exide Industries stock has gained 10 per cent, as the company is expected to be a major beneficiary of a turnaround in the fortunes of the automobile sector (Exide is the largest supplier of batteries to car
- 22 Jul 1405:20 PMBattery maker Exide Industries would invest Rs 350 crore in the present fiscal to increase manufacturing capacity at its existing plants, a top company official said today.
- 16 Jul 1412:35 AMThe Exide scrip has gained 24 per cent since May on expectations of better performance of its inverter business, as well as recovery in the automobile sector. Power shortage in key states such as Uttar Pradesh has also helped increase sales.
- 25 Apr 1405:10 PMThe company had posted a net profit of Rs 146.46 crore in the same period of previous fiscal.
- 27 Jan 1408:38 AMThe automotive batteries segment, where EXIDE is the market leader in both 4-w and 2-w, continues to witness challenging demand environment.
- 13 Jan 1403:00 PMExide Industries has posted a 25.53% drop in net profit for the quarter ended December, 2013 at Rs 77.52 crore compared to Rs 104.09 crore during the corresponding period of last fiscal.
- 03 Dec 1302:54 PMThe Exide Industries stock has been touching its 52-week lows last week and over the last month and a half has lost 19%. The fall is on the back of a poor September quarter performance and earnings downgrades thereafter.
- 22 Nov 1302:59 PMExide Industries has dipped 2% at Rs 114, also its 52-week low on the National Stock Exchange (NSE). The stock opened at Rs 117 and touched high of Rs 118 in early morning deals on NSE.
- 28 Oct 1309:20 AMFollowing better margins, higher other income and lower tax rate, we have increased our EBITDA/PAT estimates by 5.1%/11.2%, respectively, for FY14 and by 4.6%/12.2%, respectively, for FY15. We have valued JDL by assigning equal weight to EV/EBITDA and